Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Is there a height limit to buildings near spawn?

Not sure, but I think common sense would say don't make a 256 high stone tower like some people on previous maps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

trust me, it was worse before I put the spaces in

Is there a height limit to buildings near spawn?

oh
    god
    no

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Oh and don't build out of netherrack- oops, someone already has...
    And please don't build hideous things just to annoy ot- oh, wait, that's been done too...
    And don't leave plots empty other than resurfacing them with pure ugliness- wait, also been done...
    And don't leave them an empty construction site with maybe a small hut left on it as a joke- darn, a few people have done that!

I'm on the brink of building a cannon rail at the height limit above spawn, and the next atrocity to offend me and all the sane users... I'll assist the spawn town in getting the euthanasia its begging for :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Oh and don't build out of netherrack- oops, someone already has...
    And please don't build hideous things just to annoy ot- oh, wait, that's been done too...
    And don't leave plots empty other than resurfacing them with pure ugliness- wait, also been done...
    And don't leave them an empty construction site with maybe a small hut left on it as a joke- darn, a few people have done that!

I'm on the brink of building a cannon rail at the height limit above spawn, and the next atrocity to offend me and all the sane users... I'll assist the spawn town in getting the euthanasia its begging for :eek:

Calm down sol! I think you need to sit down for a bit and sniff some redstone with electro! or take a break and visit the relaxation of the museum!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Not sure, but I think common sense would say don't make a 256 high stone tower like some people on previous maps!
    You're just bitter you're poorer than Mine N' Co.

You're just bitter you're poorer than Mine N' Co.

you're just trying to turn minecraft into real life you fat cat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Seems to be the box itself that's offline, nothing I can do I'm afraid apart from wait and hope it gets fixed.

deconduo wrote: »
    Seems to be the box itself that's offline, nothing I can do I'm afraid apart from wait and hope it gets fixed.

What are the bets the cleaners plugged it out for the hoover?

• Advertisement

Is there anyone in Boards itself that you can/have contacted? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Dev would know what we are on about but I assume he has important stuff to be at.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's not one of the actual Boards.ie servers that it's hosted on, but I'll see what I can do to sort it out.

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's not one of the actual Boards.ie servers that it's hosted on, but I'll see what I can do to sort it out.

Good Luck Shim! the fate of everyone's night depends on you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I think this applies... (everywhere you see "internet", replace it with "boards.ie minecraft server" :P )

Things-To-Do-When-The-Internet-Is-Down.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Now to acquire Doughnuts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've just spent the last few hours shouting at a toaster.

New server!

New server!

yes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

New server!

Thats Customer Service :P

• Advertisement

Borderlands 2 has Minecraft in it, confirmed :P

original.jpg

Seriously though, its ingame. You can also have a Steve head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

You know what? A minecraft/borderlands game would actually be pretty good.

All tools/weapons are replaced with different types of guns. Guns drop randomly from enemies/chests and you can craft base models and enchant them and hope for something good.

You can also built your own world just like in minecraft. I will call it MineLand.

So...

From what I can fathom, this server has been shut down permanently and the current map has effectively ended.

This server's admins may try to set up a private server, but the Boards.ie Minecraft Server is no more.

;_;

So... [/thread]?

So...

From what I can fathom, this server has been shut down permanently.

This server's admins may try to set up a private server, but the Boards.ie Minecraft Server is no more.

;_;

So... [/thread]?

Care to share the details?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

/me weeps

So...

From what I can fathom, this server has been shut down permanently and the current map has effectively ended.

;_;

So... [/thread]?

LIES!!! MUST BE LIES!!! DON'T SAY SUCH HORRORS SOL!!! LIES I SAY!!!

/cries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Whats that new IP again. I forgot to take it down before i quit!

Note that no-one can currently access it as the whitelist is still being generated :/

Stokolan wrote: »
    Whats that new IP again. I forgot to take it down before i quit!

• Advertisement

Donate link is in the OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement