Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a smart tv

• 20-07-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Looked at UE40H6670 at curry's. Priced at 889.99 euros. Is this the best bargain or any other better option/online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭mcw92

Any reason as to why you are going for such an expensive Smart 3D model?
    You could get 3D Smart TV's for around €500-600.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

mcw92 wrote: »
    Any reason as to why you are going for such an expensive Smart 3D model?
    You could get 3D Smart TV's for around €500-600.

Thanks. Which model do you suggest? I am under the impression that samsung will be the best brand and would have good resale value as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Thanks. Which model do you suggest? I am under the impression that samsung will be the best brand and would have good resale value as well

Looks good spec wise but check for reviews as to picture quality. 3D and voice control is bull**** and you will probley never use them. Samsung's smart TV hub/apps is pretty damm good tho and the quad core should make them run smooth as silk. Never considered resale value on a TV seeing how cheap they are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭mcw92

Nicknamed wrote: »

Well if you want Samsung there are a few different routes.

You could get a 46" Smart for €670. No 3D though.

A 39" Smart for €479. Again no 3D.

A 40" 3D Smart for €550.

If I was spending €900 on a TV(like the model your on about is), I would be going for a bigger TV than a 40" tbh.
    The TV is probably outstanding, but it is definitely not a 'bargain' smart tv.

How do you compare this 40'' 3d smart with the model I was referring to initially?
    Why such a price difference?
    mcw92 wrote: »
    Well if you want Samsung there are a few different routes.

You could get a 46" Smart for €670. No 3D though.

A 39" Smart for €479. Again no 3D.

A 40" 3D Smart for €550.

If I was spending €900 on a TV(like the model your on about is), I would be going for a bigger TV than a 40" tbh.
    The TV is probably outstanding, but it is definitely not a 'bargain' smart tv.

• Advertisement

http://www.currys.ie/mobile/Product/samsung-ue40h6400-smart-3d-40-led-tv/321510/6.9.3 curry's selling in 700 euros

I got it via pixmania in 556 euros No hassle. 5 days excluding weekend! Highly recommended

Advertisement