Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-04-2012, 16:46   #196
Peetrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wompa1 View Post
Jaysus. What is it with people on Boards! People that are pro legalizing cannabis use the argument that alcohol is more dangerous and is legal and now you are saying ya but the politicians get public money and mess around.

So be angry about both...don't give this guy the a pass because somebody somewhere else is doing something worse. No wonder that country is f**ked
Your arguement makes absolutely no sense.
Advertisement
17-04-2012, 18:51   #197
johncdub

Please Help

Hi Guys

I'm currently on a disability payment which has been reduced to E80 per week. The fuel allowance has just ended. I'm Irish and 27.

I have no other income, and I'm unable to pay bills. Having had Cancer 2 years ago, I seem to be extremely sensitive to the cold. I've contacted the SV de P. First time in my life. I need to heat my house, as I've been without heat for 2 months. I'm freezing. I've asked for assistance, and I've told them I'll pay them back when back on my feet.

I wondered if anyone else has ever received assistance from SVP? I'm mortified asking for help, but I have no choice. Do they visit your home, ask for proof of bills, bank account?

PM me if you wish.

Thanks
17-04-2012, 19:09   #198
donegal_road
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncdub View Post
Hi Guys

I'm currently on a disability payment which has been reduced to E80 per week. The fuel allowance has just ended. I'm Irish and 27.

I have no other income, and I'm unable to pay bills. Having had Cancer 2 years ago, I seem to be extremely sensitive to the cold. I've contacted the SV de P. First time in my life. I need to heat my house, as I've been without heat for 2 months. I'm freezing. I've asked for assistance, and I've told them I'll pay them back when back on my feet.

I wondered if anyone else has ever received assistance from SVP? I'm mortified asking for help, but I have no choice. Do they visit your home, ask for proof of bills, bank account?

PM me if you wish.

Thanks
hi mate, I would start a new thread on this if I were you. If you start it in AH, you may run the risk of moronic replies, as Im sure you are aware. Where I live, the SVP do call out to people's houses depending on the situation. Not sure about them looking for bank details though
Thanks from:
17-04-2012, 19:23   #199
Super-Rush
JFT96

Quote:
Hi Guys

PM me if you wish.

Thanks
You would be better off asking in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861
17-04-2012, 19:45   #200
chem

Its the same as the time the HSE pulled its adds from Newstalk radio, when they were asking to many questions. This country is rotten to the core.

Last edited by chem; 17-04-2012 at 19:47.
Advertisement
17-04-2012, 19:48   #201
Biggins
Banned

Quote:
Hi Guys

PM me if you wish.

Thanks
You will get replies possibly else where in another forum section - good ones - but I will just briely mention that FIS (Family Income Supplement) might help out too.
Also, it worth contacting your health board, as sometimes they offer temp or regular financil assistance for people in cases like yourself.

It costs nothing most times to ask anyway. I wish you luck.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion