Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bridge (Bron) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I never know!
    The moment when the cop jumped into bed with the businessmans widow was daft. Quite impossible to believe, whereas Saga bedding the cops son (August) actually made perfect sense - he couldn't wait and she has no manners! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sometimes I get a bit confused about what side of the bridge we're actually on. :D
    The makers are assuming a good deal of local knowledge. I know that part of episode 4 took place in Amager, which I know is the island south of Copenhagen where the airport is - the scenes around the garage. In general, it's been far more Sweden than Denmark.

In episode 5, the police spot Anja at "Adelgatan near Östergatan", and "-gatan" is the Swedish style of street names, so Anja was in Malmö - specifically, here. But there are very similar street names in Copenhagen: Adelgade and Østergade - the latter being their equivalent of Grafton St. i.e. a shopping street. "-gade" is the Danish style of street name, vs. "-gatan", so that may be helpful to remember.

I have to say that I'm finding the theme song very annoying. You can't hear what the singer is singing, and if I turn on the subtitles, the words look like they've been translated from Swedish Danish by some very bad software:
    Echoes start as a cross in you,
    Trembling noises that come too soon,
    Spatial movement which seems to you,
    Resonating your mask or feud.
    Hollow talking and hollow girl,
    Force it up from the root of pain.
    Never said it was good, never said it was near,
    Shadow rises and you are here,
    Goes back to the beginning ...
    :confused:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

bnt wrote: »
    I have to say that I'm finding the theme song very annoying. You can't hear what the singer is singing, and if I turn on the subtitles, the words look like they've been translated from Swedish by some very bad software:
    :confused:

The theme song is Hollow Talk from Choir of Young Believers
    http://www.lyricsmania.com/hollow_talk_lyrics_choir_of_young_believers.html
    Granted the lead singer is hard to make out.

-Coley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

coley wrote: »
    The theme song is Hollow Talk from Choir of Young Believers
    http://www.lyricsmania.com/hollow_talk_lyrics_choir_of_young_believers.html
    Granted the lead singer is hard to make out.

-Coley.

Was going to link this as well. My theory is that he mumbles because he doesn't speak English fluently and so is sounding out the worda. Pretty good song though!

BullBauld wrote: »
    I missed the first 2 episodes. Where could I see them now?

Think it's probably too late now but they show repeats on Mondays I believe.

Or else download a program called Expatshield (basically it gives you a U.K ip address so you can watch episodes from the BBC iplayer)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

bnt, thanks for that.

I did laugh at
    the camp bed situation and Martin meeting Saga's sex friend. Anyway, looks like they're starting to piece things together now, but there's still a fair bit of storytelling time left.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

xwhere does charlottes wig fit into this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I really want to know this too! Her having a wig seems so random and unimportant. She hasn't been in the last couple of episodes so is her role finished?

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I really want to know this too! Her having a wig seems so random and unimportant. She hasn't been in the last couple of episodes so is her role finished?

I really hope so. Don't think that side-plot added much to the series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

For a while there I was wondering if she might be somehow connected to the
    child labour angle.

• Advertisement

iit doesn't seem to have any relevance but why is she shown takin it off. So it must be there for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Saga trying to make small talk at the coffee break was hilarious - "I had my period this morning". :D

Did Jens look a bit like that software salesman who's getting a bit close to Mette?

TT didn't shoot Martin when he had the chance in one of the earlier episodes but had no trouble shooting as the SWAT team so there is probably a reason he left Martin alive.

After the repeat of the last episodes next week, we can probably drop the Spoiler tags...
    DeepBlue wrote: »
    Did Jens look a bit like that software salesman who's getting a bit close to Mette?
    If you're watching Ep. 9 now, then
    well spotted
    DeepBlue wrote: »
    TT didn't shoot Martin when he had the chance in one of the earlier episodes but had no trouble shooting as the SWAT team so there is probably a reason he left Martin alive.
    Makes sense now that we know Jens and Martin were colleagues.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

OMG! Mette :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I enjoyed that!

What am I gonna do for my Scandi fix now?

Was very good, a couple of nice twists in the end.

Bridge 2 - The Tunnel?

Whilst I generally enjoyed it, I do think anyone who has seen a certain David Fincher film might have a quibble or two...

Anyway.
    Revenge and affairs, the oldest motives around, but it's all in the execution. I won't deny I did groan a little as soon as the suicide vest appeared.

The grenade scene was tense, bloomin' heck. Figured August's online friend was really a girl while back...scenes in the box were also tense.

Saga being back on her feet more or less straight away after being shot was a bit contrived (along with some other elements), but I think you can let that go as it's so in keeping with her personality. Had to laugh at her repetition of the 'I've had blood and painkillers' line. You could see how crushing it was for her to have to lie to Martin. Nice scene then at the end between Saga and her boss about her not being great at lying.

At one point the subtitles actually said 'red herring', heh.

Also, lol at 'MILF?' :pac:

I would like to see another series with Saga in it.

Also loved the aerial shot of the bridge when
    Saga's was the only car on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Season 1 box set is released on Blu-ray & DVD on Monday May 21st by Arrow Films’ Nordic Noir label.

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/arrowfilms/thebridge.htm

The Telegraph had an interview with Sofia Helin yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9275562/The-Bridges-Sofia-Helin-interview.html
    So what can we expect from the second series of The Bridge?
    I’ve just had a meeting and it sounds very exciting. I have just read one part. From Saga’s perspective, we’re going to see her in situations where she has never been in her private life. So I’m looking forward to that. There will be another very big case, obviously.

Sebastian Bergman starts next Saturday.
    This police thriller stars Rolf Lassgård, one of Scandinavia's most popular actors (Wallander, Beck), in a powerful new role as profiler Sebastian Bergman. Strong-headed, politically incorrect, abrasive and grief-stricken, Bergman has still not come to terms with the loss of both his wife and daughter in the 2004 Thailand tsunami. In the first of two 90-minute thrillers, he helps police in his hometown solve the murder of a 15-year-old boy. In the second, he attempts to catch a serial killer who seems to be modelling his attacks on those of a jailed killer whom Bergman put behind bars himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Wow - really tense last 2 episodes. I only intended to watch the first but it was impossible to leave it!
    It wrapped up well and though it was awful, I'm glad they didn't pull punches and August died.

Pleased to hear there'll be a second series.

And no resolution on the Charlotte wig issue. :(

Genealogy Forum Mod

I wonder if they make sitcoms in Sweden or Denmark!

pinkypinky wrote: »
    And no resolution on the Charlotte wig issue. :(
    No resolution about that side of the story at all e.g. I was expecting there to be some kind of blowback from the way her husband's heart transplant was arranged back in Ep.1. All that setup, just so that we could see Martin sleeping with her? I thought the story took a disappointing moralistic turn:
    all those people killed, all that drama, just because Martin has a wandering eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Just finished the last episode,bra skit !
    Look forward to season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hsanz114clayton

Hey Guys, I really enjoyed The Bridge and look forward to season 2 if there is to be one.has anybody got any info on season 2 like what it will entail and when it is to resume etc?

Thanks guys.

ps Has anybody any other suggestions of series for a Bridge lover?

Has anybody got any info on season 2 like what it will entail and when it is to resume etc?
    A second series has been commissioned and is due to begin production in October 2012 for broadcast in late 2013.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(Danish/Swedish_TV_series)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You could try Borgen, based around Danish politics but in a similar vein.

I presume you have heard of The Killing.

There is also Spiral

and Matrioshki

The same director has a show called Murder on BBC 2 tomorrow (Sunday 26th) at 10pm.

It's just the one episode and it's based in England.

Could be worth a watch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mgkpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just finsihed watching this, it built to a very tense ending, had to keep going till I finished. I didn't like it starting off, found the character of Sara very off puting but gradually warmed to her. Very well acted and scripted, not sure I quite understood the motives of the killer, he went a very long way round things.

Interesting to see where it goes in series 2

Advertisement