Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

tipptom wrote: »
    Who is Dwayne Johnson besides a prick.

i think its The Rock who is the c*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Ronan Keating is a d i c k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

do you have the google?
    Yes,and some manners,fake wrestling suits your personality.
    If you had just put in Wrestler in your reply it would have saved you four less words to type,kinda ironic when the thread is about rudeness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

If you had just put in Wrestler in your reply it would have saved you four less words to type,kinda ironic when the thread is about rudeness.

He's probably better known nowadays as an actor isnt he? Second highest paid actor in hollywood last year apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Beano wrote: »
    He's probably better known nowadays as an actor isnt he? Second highest paid actor in hollywood last year apparently.

surely not?!?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Beano wrote: »
    Who are you talking about ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

blinding wrote: »
    Who are you talking about ?

The Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    surely not?!?! :eek:

According to Forbes he is the 5th Highest in 2013 at $46M. http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45egdgg/dwayne-johnson-14/

and 2nd highest in 2014 at $52M

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2014/07/21/robert-downey-jr-once-again-tops-forbes-list-of-top-earning-actors/

Not bad for an ex-wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Ashbx wrote: »
    Dermot Morgan (Father Ted)..RIP but complete ass!!!!

I've heard that about Frank Kelly (Father Jack) a few times alright. But I'd be surprised about Dermot Morgan.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I've heard that about Frank Kelly (Father Jack) a few times alright. But I'd be surprised about Dermot Morgan.
    Frank Kelly always struck me as fairly pompous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Enough with the bickering.

A certain level of computer aptitude is reasonably assumed.
    If you genuinely cannot use Google for some reason or other that is not really the responsibility of anyone but you yourself.

And 'who??' Style posts in an attempt to show contempt towards/disregard for public figures aren't funny.

Who is Dwayne Johnson besides a prick.

You referred to Dwayne Johson as a Pr1ck but are concerned about manners?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Enough with the bickering.

A certain level of computer aptitude is reasonably assumed.
    If you genuinely cannot use Google for some reason or other that is not really the responsibility of anyone but you yourself.

And 'who??' Style posts in an attempt to show contempt towards/disregard for public figures aren'

You referred to Dwayne Johson as a Pr1ck but are concerned about manners?
    I was referring to post 1277 who termed him as a prick but you have decided to pick on me for that one and you seemed to have singled me out in this thread even though there are numerous posters asking about who certain celebrity's were and were kindly replied to.

I was referring to post 1277 who termed him as a prick but you have decided to pick on me for that one and you seemed to have singled me out in this thread even though there are numerous posters asking about who certain celebrity's were and were kindly replied to.

Yes, there are numerous posts containing 'Who?' Which is why the first part of my last post was not directed at you specifically.

However, if you're going to make replies as such, then people are going to remind you to try Google. So you put yourself in a position for said reply in the first place.

More so when you engage in casual profanity to refer to said to public figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kian Egan doesn't wash his hands after a whizz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I met Leinster and Ireland rugby player Devin Toner last night. A complete and utter........... gentleman. Nothing was a hassle. People asking for photos and continuously interrupting him was not a problem. Patient man.

He's really, really THAT tall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BarbaraR1234

I've heard that Megan Fox is rude - directors hate to work with her. Fame went right to her head, I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I've heard that Megan Fox is rude - directors hate to work with her. Fame went right to her head, I guess...
    And it shows.... She was all over the media when in Transformers and you don't hear anything about her now. She's like that one from Grey's Anatomy who got too big for her boots and doesn't get work anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    And it shows.... She was all over the media when in Transformers and you don't hear anything about her now. She's like that one from Grey's Anatomy who got too big for her boots and doesn't get work anymore.

Isn't Megan Fox, set to star in Michael Bay's Tennage Muntant Ninja Turtles movie due out in a few weeks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

I saw Robson Green in the ilac centre a couple of years ago, all I did was glance at him and he started the whole "Please leave me alone, I want to shop in peace etc" crap. I said "You're a s**t actor anyway you dozy t**t!" and walked off.

Rolf Harris - legend! Really lovely and friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

I'd put up with her all the same, even if she only made the odd cup of tea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I dunno if he even counts as a celebrity, but celeb or not, Bressie is probably the rudest person I've ever been unfortunate enough to meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Snead O'connor met her in the patroits inn a few years ago she was with bono the edge and Adam Clayton it was during the making of the name of the father. I think they did the sound track .anyway I got a beer mat and pen asked her with a big smile on my face for her autograph and she to me to **** off !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

peekachoo wrote: »
    I dunno if he even counts as a celebrity, but celeb or not, Bressie is probably the rudest person I've ever been unfortunate enough to meet.

He is very insular. During rag week in Limerick they had him DJing in Angel Lane and he just stood there for 2 hours, hoodie up, head down sulking. Seemed very up his own arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I saw Robson Green in the ilac centre a couple of years ago, all I did was glance at him and he started the whole "Please leave me alone, I want to shop in peace etc" crap. I said "You're a s**t actor anyway you dozy t**t!" and walked off.

Rolf Harris - legend! Really lovely and friendly

Really, I mean really?

Loughc wrote: »
    Isn't Megan Fox, set to star in Michael Bay's Tennage Muntant Ninja Turtles movie due out in a few weeks?

Yes.

Maybe Bay just plain decided to let bygones be bygones after she reportedly compared him to a Nazi...

Or since she hasn't done a lot since Transformers 2, maybe Bay was reminding her that she still needs him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Loughc wrote: »
    Maybe she's learned her lesson and reined in her mouth a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9's comment has been edited for grossly inappropriate, and potentially libelous, innuendo.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106101
    [*]Keep it respectful. The fact that Celebrities are discussed here is not an excuse to post innuendo or sexist comments. Posts that are deemed over the mark in this respect will be removed, and further
    action taken if deemed appropriate. Any posts referring to a celeb/public figure by way of profanity may be moderated if language is deemed excessive.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Not sure if you'd classify him as a clebrity but another person who I occasionaly had on the phone at work was Charlie Ripman whos a journalist and hunting writer.Awful rude abrupt man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Butterbox wrote: »
    Jack Charlton very nice. At an opening my 10yr old son asked for a photo with him. This photographer tried to pull my young lad out of the way so he could take his photos but Jack red him.

Richard Branson an absolute gent.

It is impossible to know if there are circumstances contributing to a celebs bad mood when you happen upon them. So possibly excusable for out-right rudness were Jennifer Saunders and Ade Edmondson.

No possible excuse for Frank Hall and Eugene Lambert. Dickh**ds

A girl I knew years ago told me something about Eugene Lambert that she had met him as a kid and he was a right grumpy fecker.He was doing a puppet show or something and he shouted at her when she tried a get a look backstage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Gerry Ryan bashed me with his trolley doing his shopping in Nolan's. If he wasn't wearing sunglasses indoors he might have seen where he was going. Not even an acknowledgement that he'd done it.

Ray D'Arcy was nice, really polite but came off as quite reserved and private. His wife Jenny was lovely, quite gregarious. I met them in a professional capacity so no harassing people in the street! I spoke to Jenny about a year later on the phone and she remembered me and was really warm.

And I haven't met him, but I had a twitter conversation with Sam Neill and he was a gent. That counts, right?

Advertisement