Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate Team 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Why? 2 games for Chelsea doesnt make him a world beater..He wasnt great for Barca. I can see why he is that rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Busquets hasn't dropped at all. And I doubt either of the other Barca usuals will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Why? 2 games for Chelsea doesnt make him a world beater..He wasnt great for Barca. I can see why he is that rating.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. You clearly lack a footballing brain. He was great for Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any news on the web app. Though I heard some where it would be up tomorrow September 12th

Lamposts wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. You clearly lack a footballing brain. He was great for Barca.

Matter of opinion, he clearly wasnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any news on the web app. Though I heard some where it would be up tomorrow September 12th

they posted on there twitter account an hour ago that the Web app will be down 10pm this evening to get ready for the new Web app which launches on the 17th . don't know how to post link from twitter app on phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

they posted on there twitter account an hour ago that the Web app will be down 10pm this evening to get ready for the new Web app which launches on the 17th . don't know how to post link from twitter app on phone

Here is the tweet:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/510004847744409600

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I really hope auto buyers don't work this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'll be shocked if they don't. It would really shake the market up if they manage to stop them. I made decent cash this year (about 6m) but most if that came late on after the market crash. No wasting coins on packs this year tho!! That's my promise to myself anyway... (Tho I did pack an Ibra this season).

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if they don't. It would really shake the market up if they manage to stop them. I made decent cash this year (about 6m) but most if that came late on after the market crash. No wasting coins on packs this year tho!! That's my promise to myself anyway... (Tho I did pack an Ibra this season).

twas the same for me. managed to pack tots pee grizeman and Terry. They went for ridiculous amounts last month so sold them. made 1.7 mill. Most I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Hopefully it will be much more viable for people to actually trade this year. The whole web app and even auction search in game was awful glitchy throughout FIFA 14.

Oh and I hope they are serious in their statement that people buying coins will be banned. That ruins the whole market as well as the auto buyers.

Can people explain the do's and do nots of Ultimate team? I usually start off and spend an age gettig my team but I get bored after a week. Is there a knack or something I should and shouldnt be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Can people explain the do's and do nots of Ultimate team? I usually start off and spend an age gettig my team but I get bored after a week. Is there a knack or something I should and shouldnt be doing?

Trade and trade some more!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Trade and trade some more!

Usually when I trade my cards I get hardly any coins in return, is there a way of knowing whats high and low worth?

I wish they'd add a tournament for non shiny gold cards.
    Theyre completely worthless as it is.
    Granted they're needed to counteract the good players being pulled from a pack,but I'm sure they could find new ways to maximise the middling players worth.

Maybe scrap the current system of shiny cards and leave it to players above a reasonable mark(85+) then change the pack conditions to a way where if you do pull one its a good player but its not guaranteed.

Theres too many players shiny who arent worthwhile using currently.

Be better to see that drop and new options for using players around 78-83.

This would obviously not impede on league games.
    But would expand the options from silver 74s jumping to 84+ golds with all inbetween useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Usually when I trade my cards I get hardly any coins in return, is there a way of knowing whats high and low worth?

Surveying trends is a good idea. Also it's a good idea to do your buying at off peak hours and sell at peak times (approx 6-11pm GMT)

Also, don't just buy and sell player cards. Stuff like position cards or trait cards can be a goldmine.

And storing cheap items and selling when popular is a good idea. Contracts are really cheap when a lot of packs are being sold. Buy them cheap and sell them during a week with a crap Team of the week, for example.

Another example is if there is a particular tournament on. For example, Irish players are usually really cheap except for the St.Patrick's Day tournament.

Now, I've never been a millionaire on FUT but there's some basic ideas for you.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Surveying trends is a good idea. Also it's a good idea to do your buying at off peak hours and sell at peak times (approx 6-11pm GMT)

Also, don't just buy and sell player cards. Stuff like position cards or trait cards can be a goldmine.

And storing cheap items and selling when popular is a good idea. Contracts are really cheap when a lot of packs are being sold. Buy them cheap and sell them during a week with a crap Team of the week, for example.

Another example is if there is a particular tournament on. For example, Irish players are usually really cheap except for the St.Patrick's Day tournament.

Now, I've never been a millionaire on FUT but there's some basic ideas for you.

Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for, just the basics, cheers buddy
    Was thinking of creating a full LOI team this year so might start off with that and then build up a proper main team.

Is the web app going live at 12 tonight or do we have to wait till tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is the web app going live at 12 tonight or do we have to wait till tomorrow

Would be very surprised if it's tonight.

EA have scheduled maintenance on the UT servers for 7am tomorrow so won't be until that is finished, my guess is either 3pm or 6pm tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

F1nvGR4c_normal.jpegEA SPORTS FIFA @EASPORTSFIFA · 5h
    Expected #FUT Maintenance tomorrow morning for #FIFA15 preparation from 12am PT/8am UK. Downtime: 6hrs. http://help.ea.com/en/article/fifa-fut-easfc-maintenance-and-downtime/ …

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Presuming we get the standard "Long time player" packs? :D

Not that I ever get anything worth while in them mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Presuming we get the standard "Long time player" packs? :D

Not that I ever get anything worth while in them mind....

Scott Sinclair was my big name player last year from them :cool:

When does this go live? Today is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When does this go live? Today is it?

Today - maintenance till 2pm so some stage after that.

Axwell wrote: »
    Today - maintenance till 2pm so some stage after that.

I'm guna guess 3pm or 5pm or 10pm

14 is back up on my phone now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What about 15 though? Not sure why I'm asking....servers will be hammered and it will probably be down 2 minutes later. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

After looking through the big 4 leagues i think i'll go Serie A this year.

BPL is always massively overpriced.
    La Liga is a little cheaper but you'll never have the big players from there.
    I went Bundesliga in FIFA 13/14 and loved it. But a lot of the decent players have either left or have had position changes.

Serie A still lets me play 4-2-3-1 with pacey CAM's and strong DM's.

Also Pirlo and Totti :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

is it still not up and running im too excited for this i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

is it still not up and running im too excited for this i think

6pm is the supposed time.

Advertisement