Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle - Season 7 & 8 *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

No love for Tudyk or Glass??

Afaik, i read somewhere, Glass was the only one not to appear in it!

But watching the last few ep & their titles like Dead Again_Death Wish kinda reminded me of Firefly's The Message, as ironically Syfy have repeated the season twice in the past month, 3 times a day:p
    That the show was on the way out?

Backstabber
    Some stories are linking Nathan Fillion to wanting Stana Katic/Kate outta the show?

& it wasnice to see a Firefly cast member play a villain for once in Much Ado About Murder

& now after tying up the actors, they had to wait until Fri to see if the show would go ahead, until now sadly it won't :o

Even though there was a teaser video below

Castle Promo for Stana Katic's Exit

Alas, no more Nikki Heat :o

Stana Katic Pens note to fans & other Cast Reactions,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Kinda glad this is gone. Woulda been really weird without Katic...

While I loved the characters (as in the writing) I never warmed to Katic's delivery. Her over-pronouncing/emphasis of words for dramatic effect (especially Castle's name) was grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Good Luck on Monday

**also for castle has been airing on Sunday nights in Canada, so you can watch it on Monday here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So it's over.

I hope they are both dead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So it's over.

I hope they are both dead.

I'm kind of glad they're not, saying that I didn't watch the last series at all just the final episode.

i think
    the last seconds were only made in the event it wasn't renew. Quick fix to end it all. You could see it was this is the clifhanger. But if we dont get renewed everybody lived happily ever after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

bpb101 wrote: »
    i think
    the last seconds were only made in the event it wasn't renew. Quick fix to end it all. You could see it was this is the clifhanger. But if we dont get renewed everybody lived happily ever after

They've come out and said exactly that.

i think

Yeah, i think they mentioned something about alternate endings a while ago,

Although when Rick confronted Locksat & after Kate KO'd him, i thought he'd wake up & shoot them 1 or 2 of them while embracing?

But am i right in saying, this cleared up both mysteries of Kate's mother & Rick's disappearance?

Kinda glad it's over, as whether you believe the stories or not, it wouln't survived without each other!

Sadly no more of this:

Or this :(

• Advertisement

I'd happily have watched it without Beckett. Her story was done and there was a whole other show to be had with the GDS in LA.
    It would have been able to become less serious again

It being in LA with the GDS would have meant more Summer. Now none.

I hope that you're all happy

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Kinda glad this is gone. Woulda been really weird without Katic...

It is a shame they had to have such a rushed ending but I agree

It wouldn't be the same show without her

It'll still go unanswered for a while i'd say!

But i did come across a post on tvguide, saying the two had dated btwn 2009-12, but that i suppose it's pretty common in tv shows these days now?

I came across this, when he was live tweeting during final ep, a fan called him out for a potential spoiler? & giving out at ABC?
    Had to check his twitter to see if it was real.

Well at least it got a sort of happy ending, not like other shows like H.I.M.Y.Mother, Dexter to name a few:o

stana katic is back to the tv screens soon

Meh, never understand how people rate her.

For all the back stage agro, herself and Fillion bounced well off each other but she can not act

• Registered Users Posts: 84,765 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://tvline.com/2020/05/18/stana-katics-castle-fired-interview-controversy-nathan-fillion/

Katic conceded that the “entire experience” left her “confused” and “hurt,” but added, “Time has passed and I am so thankful to have been a part of that project [and] for it to have affected as many people as it did. People loved [Kate and Nathan Fillion’s Rick as a] couple and loved the story we told, loved all of those characters.”

Just binge watched this. Really enjoyed it, would recommend to those who haven't yet seen it.

I got as far as season 7 without finding out the troubles the lead actors had with each other.

There was one very brief close up in the third or second last episodes season 8 where Stana/Beckett was visibly upset (out of character) while talking to Nathan/Castle, surprised it wasn't edited out. But, overall the chemistry was there, a sign of great acting, although was a bit cringe, especially in the last season with the emotional scenes.

All mysteries were resolved apart from Castle's memory loss, which the writers were clearly making up as they went along.

So, considering the awkwardness of the lead actors it was time to end it.

But, enjoyable over all.

Advertisement