Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From Dusk Till Dawn [El Rey Channel] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

Anyone who is watching he show through torrents really should consider using Netflix. The way we experience TV is changing and the more we support companies such as Netflix the more likely they are to pick up other shows and in a few years we could have a number of big shows available the day after it airs in the US.

With Sky dropping do many shows I can see Netflix picking up a show like Supernatural. I use Hulu for Supernatural but would love to have it ad free on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It gets shown on 9pm/1am Tuesday night on the EL Rey Network in the States and is put on Netflix UK/Ireland 1pm the next afternoon 12 hours after it is shown on US TV that is pretty good to be honest.
    The 3rd episode has been up on a site since Monday night and I haven't seen it up on Netflix yet. I guess the time difference is making it seem like longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Just watched episode 3, i see yer wan from Firday Night Lights in it!....she is as tall as ever!, not digging the dark hair though. Richie is off his rocker...even more creepy an insane this week!, getting a bit of background now on the snake worshippers....looks like they are not vampires but snakes!

Preacher guy obviously is running from the law and killed his wife or a passenger in the other car + Big Kahuna Burger!
    Its obvious now we wont reach El Ray until episode 10....they boys wont even take the RV until episode 4 ffs!

jenjenten wrote: »
    Just watched episode 3, i see yer wan from Firday Night Lights in it!....she is as tall as ever!, not digging the dark hair though. Richie is off his rocker...even more creepy an insane this week!, getting a bit of background now on the snake worshippers....looks like they are not vampires but snakes!

Preacher guy obviously is running from the law and killed his wife or a passenger in the other car + Big Kahuna Burger!
    Its obvious now we wont reach El Ray until episode 10....they boys wont even take the RV until episode 4 ffs!

So basically you think that the fact that they aren't merely remaking the film is an issue. Honestly, I'm glad that they are in no hurry to get to the Titty Twister and think that had they simply aped the film that the show would be a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a second season after three episodes.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

We hoped that he might learn from his ban.

I must have missed the day you were made the mod of the TV forum.

• Anyone started watching this new show on Netflix (based on the movie of the same name). There are currently four episodes available with a new episode added each week.

I am really enjoying it so far; it follows the same plot as the movie but adds more backstory and characters. I have also picked up on numerous references to the movie in the show so far. :D

I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I watched the first two and really enjoyed it! Sometimes it seems a bit slow but that's probably because I'm subconsciously comparing it to the film. Would definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

hope once in mexico from episode 6 onward would be interesting, episode 1 to 5 quite boring :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just started watching this the other day after reading some positive reports. It's pretty good. I do love the original film and am happy to see them taking they're time and fleshing things out as they go along. Filling in the back story is the perfect idea for getting the length out of this show. Wonder how much it will be like the film when the season is complete. Looking forward to watching more anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Im up to episode 4, I really like it so far, the guy playing ritchie (same charachter tarantino played) is great. I really like the way they show whats going on in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FDTD threads merged.

The Titty Twister stuff starts in the next episode, apparently.

Set report from AICN: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66937

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The show is much, much better than the film.

didn't watch the movie, episode 6 much better than episode 1 - 5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I've watched a couple of episodes and it's decent although I have no idea who I should be rooting for - the sheriff??

donfers wrote: »
    I've watched a couple of episodes and it's decent although I have no idea who I should be rooting for - the sheriff??

seth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

donfers wrote: »

As badass as the brothers and vampires are they are bank robbers, cop killers, just killers in general!!

Temaz wrote: »
    As badass as the brothers and vampires are they are bank robbers, cop killers, just killers in general!!

And walter white was no saint either.

everyone likes to root for the cool bad guy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well she's no Salma Hayek, but she'll do. :)

The ranger is a new character for the series, isn't he?

Jake Busey seemed like a different character, or was it the same character, just with added crotch gun? Though he did seem to remember Kate

Why no episode this week?

• Advertisement

And walter white was no saint either.

everyone likes to root for the cool bad guy

I don't. Same with Tony Soprano. An absolute sociopathic thug.

• @Temaz

I was also wondering why there was no new episode this week

The new episode is up now.

Also the movie is now on the Irish Netflix if people want to refresh their memory or compare the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Have to say I'm loving this series. Didn't really have high hopes for it when it came out but it has been really good and enjoyable.

Acting at times isn't perfect but for most part it's completely fine.

Looking forward to the next episode.

episode 7, any ideas why
    Ranger Freddie can survive

• Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched episode ten and I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno where they'll go for the next season. Mostly wrapped up in that finale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I think it's a dreadful series. It goes off on ridiculous tangents that I won't go into

Advertisement