Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man Down - Channel 4

Options
  • 18-10-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭

New Greg Davis comedy now on C4.

10.30pm on C4+1
    00.35am Sat morning on 4Seven
    9.30pm Sat evening on 4Seven
    Sitcom starring Greg Davies as Dan, a man with crushing character flaws, an unwanted teaching job and uniquely dysfunctional friends.
    http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/man_down/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

Channel 4 have not only commissioned a series of this but have also scheduled a Christmas special.

Based on the first episode I couldn't recommend it to anyone though.
    I didn't find any of it funny. The scene where he was accused of been a paedophile seemed a bit dodgey.

I've liked Greg Davis in The Inbetweeners and also Cuckoo but I'm not not sure I'll even give the second episode a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

brian_t wrote: »
    Channel 4 have not only commissioned a series of this but have also scheduled a Christmas special.

Based on the first episode I couldn't recommend it to anyone though.
    I didn't find any of it funny. The scene where he was accused of been a paedophile seemed a bit dodgey.

I've liked Greg Davis in The Inbetweeners and also Cuckoo but I'm not not sure I'll even give the second episode a try.

It was rather odd. Hard to know what was going on. I agree about Greg Davis's other work (and his stand-up is also very good).

I will give it another go, maybe you need to watch a few episodes to 'get' the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought it was quite funny, bit all over the place but funny none the less. Rik Mayall character just a bit too weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephanie Cole has joined as Dan's aunt for Season 2 which starts soon

Season 2 starts on Channel 4 at 10pm on Monday 1st June.

• Advertisement

Season 3 starts on Channel 4 at 10pm on Wednesday 13th July.

This came back for a fourth season this week and having not watched the previous two seasons I decided to give it a go.

I quite liked it. I enjoyed his encounters with the bank staff. And snooker player Dennis Taylor had a cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Have to say I really like this show having just watched Series 1 over the past week. Very rare a sitcom makes me laugh out loud as hard as this one does, though occasionally it can go over the top a bit and miss the mark. Rik Mayal character is wonderful and I suspect will be hard replaced in forthcoming episodes.

Last nights episode was the the best of a great series! Milky Sue , oh my god!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Last nights episode was the the best of a great series! Milky Sue , oh my god!

Seriously gone down hill from the last series imo...its turning into The Young ones....and not in a good way..thats what happens when you introduce kids into adult comedies....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Seriously gone down hill from the last series imo...its turning into The Young ones....and not in a good way..thats what happens when you introduce kids into adult comedies....:o

It's gone completely anarchic with minimal plot lines, like the Young Ones, but it's still very funny I think. Isy Suttie is also strangely hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

griffin100 wrote: »
    It's gone completely anarchic with minimal plot lines, like the Young Ones, but it's still very funny I think. Isy Suttie is also strangely hot :D

Just "hot", nothing strange imo....grrrr...:P

Advertisement