Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dressed Fries Idea's

Options
  • 01-04-2015 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I love dressed fries as in home-made taco fries, curry fries, cheese & garlic fries etc :)

I'm looking for some new ideas that I will make later to go with home-made chicken burgers and oreo milkshakes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Sweet potato taco fries.

Sorry, I'm a bit of an advocate for the sweet potato

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Sweet potato taco fries.

Sorry, I'm a bit of an advocate for the sweet potato

Very delicious but I'm after something new, to live life on the wild side.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Buzzfeed is your friend for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

How about "Patat(je) Oorlog"? It's a Dutch thing found commonly in Dutch chippers which consists of chips (obviously!) generously covered in mayonnaise, saté sauce and chopped raw onions.

http://streetcuisine.blogspot.ie/2011/01/patat-oorlog-dutch-street-fusion.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

There was a page on buzzfeed last week with must try toppings. Sweet potato and sour cream. Gravy and cheese is quite good too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/o-beautiful-for-spacious-fries

I miss this place from Melbourne

http://www.lordofthefries.com.au/menu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

An extremely cheesey cheese sauce on top of fries and then under a hot grill or into the oven to blister and brown the sauce a little. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and sliced spring onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

What about greek style? Oregano (chile powder if you like it) and feta cheese topping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

An extremely cheesey cheese sauce on top of fries and then under a hot grill or into the oven to blister and brown the sauce a little. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and sliced spring onions.
    OMG my mouth is watering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Curry coleslaw chips. Probably the most perfect junk food, after potato waffles and tinned spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Is there any that don't involve cheese though as delicious as it is?

My normal fries I make are usually bacon/cheese, cheese/garlic, taco fries so they all have cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Taco Taco in Dublin (new restaurant) does them with smokey bacon, black pepper sauce and mozzarella. More cheese, I know, but pepper sauce is a bit different!

kfrp wrote: »
    Is there any that don't involve cheese though as delicious as it is?

I think cheese features a lot because we're all just pulling ideas from our imagination rather than knowing any particular recipes, also it melts and coats the fries. Pepper sauce sounds great! Maybe think of sauces you like and whether they'd be good on fries? Alun's satay, raw onion & mayo is cheese free either.

Other toppings could be salsa of some description (a cooked one rather than a chopped pico de gallo type one) with guacamole. Or something like these food network ones with roast green chilis, coriander & garlic dressing.

Actually - I know this is cheese based but the blackened tomato/onion/green chili/ chicken & cheese sauce for this spaghetti recipe is unbelievably good and would be excellent on fries.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I love refried beans piled on to chunky chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Sounds weird but give it a chance.

Pesto mayo, sweet chili mayo and straight pesto and sweet chil .
    Looks weird sounds weird tastes amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Sounds awful but lived on it in college.

Fries with gravy and coleslaw.

Fries with grayy and tuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lordy, lordy! I've just read some of those suggestions - & people thought Coddle was 'icky'!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Aunt Bessies oven chips covered in Sauted onion and gravy. I'm going to have that tonight along with pork steak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Chips with homemade jalepeno salsa and a dollop of natural yoghurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sarsons malt vinegar & Saxo table salt.

/thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Hmmm never tried this, but imagine peppercorn sauce with chips? A lovely thick creamy peppercorn sauce, the kind you get with a steak, but just poured over big chunky salty homemade chips instead.

(And maybe peas mixed in too. Ah shure may as well throw in a steak while you're at it, as well.)

God I'm so hungry right now.

But yeah, chips with peppercorn sauce ... it could work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

One thing i love doing is ordering a veg kebab and chips from the chipper, i put the chips on a plate and dump the contents of the kebab all over it, it's amazing! So that would involve mayo, chilli sauce, onion and chopped cabbage, like a bag of coleslaw mix you get in the shops, all mixed up, yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

rawn wrote: »
    One thing i love doing is ordering a veg kebab and chips from the chipper, i put the chips on a plate and dump the contents of the kebab all over it, it's amazing! So that would involve mayo, chilli sauce, onion and chopped cabbage, like a bag of coleslaw mix you get in the shops, all mixed up, yummy :D

Local chippers do Kebab Trays. Chips cover with the contents of a kebab, chicken or doner, makes sense really as I always end up in a mess eating a Kebab anyway, far more civilised to eat it from a tray over chips.

Have to say the buzzfeed link earlier really made my mouth water.

The kebab tray from my local kebab place a couple of moves back was a thing of absolutely beauty. They sliced off the kebab meat and let it go really, really crispy on a hot grill before adding it to the chips. Oh that was a happy place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Read this thread title as 'Depressed Fries Ideas'. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Local chippers do Kebab Trays. Chips cover with the contents of a kebab, chicken or doner, makes sense really as I always end up in a mess eating a Kebab anyway, far more civilised to eat it from a tray over chips.

But then you miss out on the delicious bread, one of the best things about a good kebab.

Yeah i can't stand the donner meat or chicken, it's always rubbery, so i always go for the veg one! Nowhere does veg kebab trays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Homemade guacamole fries with jalapeños.

Delicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

rawn wrote: »
    Yeah i can't stand the donner meat or chicken, it's always rubbery, so i always go for the veg one! Nowhere does veg kebab trays :(

Why not make your own with this brilliant recipe from the Cooking Club :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057395904

• Advertisement

Why not make your own with this brilliant recipe from the Cooking Club :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057395904

That looks DELISH! Thanks for sharing :D

Advertisement