Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work do, ideas needed!

• 20-04-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

I work on a small staff. We are having a bring your own dish for a salad/buffet table for a member going away. Problem is all but 2 of my colleagues are real foodies and excellent cooks. I'm not afraid of cooking myself but am at a loss to a cold savoury dish to bring. Hit me with a few ideas guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Check out The Cooking Club forum for 5 years worth of tried and tested recipes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

How about falafel, and a tsatsiki dip?

Very easy to make, they taste great cold as well as warm, and as most other people are probably bringing salads, it'll be a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Get a tub of cream cheese and a bottle of sweet chilli sauce. In a shallow dish pour the sweet chilli sauce til it covers the bottom, empty the tub of cream cheese, in one piece, into the middle of the dish. Serve with a basket of tortilla chips.

Guarantee you'll be fighting them off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

There is a fab recipe on the BBC Good Food website for Pulled Pork - I would do that on a smaller scale and bring in some rolls and coleslaw to go with it - mmmmmmmmmmm!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Quiche! Absolutely perfect cold party food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I personally HATE quiche so won't be doing that. Speaking with my colleagues today it's looking like a cooked ham which will be cold and sliced and salad. I make a lovely egg mayo with mustard which I will make a bowl of but I'd like another bowl of something as well. Loving the suggestions so far but I need something we can leave a spoon in and people can just pile on to their plates. Must be noted that one colleague is heavily pregnant, hence the do!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This is a great dish from the Cooking Club. I've made it with pasta instead of chicken as suggested as an option at the end of the recipe and it's really good.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991302

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dizzy blonde that is perfect but the pregnant girl is allergic to chicken. Will try it with turkey or with pasta as you suggested.

Advertisement