Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House missing in Killarney??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In before the lock!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Can anyone find a listing for the house? I wanted to see which one it is, Im from the area, I've never heard of the man, but I might recognise the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WexNav

For anyone who paid a deposit to Anthony (Tony) Sheedy. You're best bet is to call Killarney Garda Station on (064) 663 1222 (There is a detective there dealing with this guy). Just pull together any communication/ documentataion you have, phone him and be prepared to make a statement and court appearance. This guy is well known to Gardai.

Can anyone find a listing for the house? I wanted to see which one it is, Im from the area, I've never heard of the man, but I might recognise the house.

On the rent.ie site there were a few interior photos, and all that I can recall is that the place looked relatively new and had 8 bedrooms. Google street-view didn't go anywhere near the place, so I couldn't tell what it looked like from the outside.

As the bank apparently repossessed it, it will no doubt be on the market soon, if they haven't put it up for sale already.

ejmaztec wrote: »

On the rent.ie site there were a few interior photos, and all that I can recall is that the place looked relatively new and had 8 bedrooms. Google street-view didn't go anywhere near the place, so I couldn't tell what it looked like from the outside.

As the bank apparently repossessed it, it will no doubt be on the market soon, if they haven't put it up for sale already.

I very much doubt there was ever a house. Probably just random pictures. Tony told 1 person his father had died, he was in the UK and they couldn't have the house. Another was told it was flooded, he was in Clare and they couldnt have it. On the same day.

• Advertisement

WexNav wrote: »
    I very much doubt there was ever a house. Probably just random pictures. Tony told 1 person his father had died, he was in the UK and they couldn't have the house. Another was told it was flooded, he was in Clare and they couldnt have it. On the same day.

Obviously a dodgier scenario than I imagined.:eek:

He must have had a house once, except not in the advertised location, if it's the same guy mentioned on this page:

http://atomik.kerrycoco.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/frmSelCritSearch.asp?page_num=0&DebugCode=

WexNav wrote: »

Obviously a dodgier scenario than I imagined.:eek:

He must have had a house once, except not in the advertised location, if it's the same guy mentioned on this page:

http://atomik.kerrycoco.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/frmSelCritSearch.asp?page_num=0&DebugCode=

I would imagine that is his own dwelling house - i have been told that he lives in Firies.

Street view does go through there, Id say I know what house it is, there isn't a lot of houses over there, if its the one Im thinking of its for sale, has been for a really long time.

Street view does go through there, Id say I know what house it is, there isn't a lot of houses over there, if its the one Im thinking of its for sale, has been for a really long time.

Couldn't get it to work for some reason (could be browser compatibility). Have you got a link so that I can have another go?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Allan_001

Has anyone else paid a deposit to this guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I worked for that guy. He's a complete cowboy, he has legal action against him for innumerable scams he's pulled. One time, a man who he used to rent property for came back from living in London for a time to find that his own FAMILY HOME was being rented to random students. It was one of the busiest weekends of the year because the races were on and there was loads of events in the INEC and some biker show too so he couldn't get any alternative accommodation. I offered him my bed because I felt so sorry for him; imagine coming back to your house to find a load of students in the living room on a weekend where you could literally find no other accommodation!

That Tony Sheedy guy, he goes by Anthony when he's not trying to dodge people. He changes his phone number regularly and owns Saratoga House B&B, a run-down dump that I wouldn't recommend to anyone, ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Sorry about the double post but I just don't want this arsehole to be able to shaft anyone else. I gave as good as I got when I worked with him but I'd hate to think he's still f'in people over. The Saratoga House place has had its name changed to Cherry Tree House (probably because after I quit the running of it became absolutely appalling for about a year and a half and it got dreadful reviews on TripAdvisor) and it's being run by a nice-sounding guy called Danny now (but is still being managed by Anthony). Your best bet is probably to ring Danny on 0646634729 and ask him when Anthony will be in.

Anthony's actually the guy right in the middle of this picture, at the bottom, holding the little girl in the red: http://kerryseyephotosales.photoshelter.com/image/I0000P_aGotbMS8I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Chloris wrote: »
    Sorry about the double post but I just don't want this arsehole to be able to shaft anyone else. I gave as good as I got when I worked with him but I'd hate to think he's still f'in people over. The Saratoga House place has had its name changed to Cherry Tree House (probably because after I quit the running of it became absolutely appalling for about a year and a half and it got dreadful reviews on TripAdvisor) and it's being run by a nice-sounding guy called Danny now (but is still being managed by Anthony). Your best bet is probably to ring Danny on 0646634729 and ask him when Anthony will be in.

Anthony's actually the guy right in the middle of this picture, at the bottom, holding the little girl in the red: http://kerryseyephotosales.photoshelter.com/image/I0000P_aGotbMS8I

This thread is a year old, its likely they have given up, great to see the likes of Anthony still in business though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darren foran

I wonder is this the same guy that has been scamming people for making sheds and fencing ,I've been caught and I know others that have been,we are going to Killarney Garda to see what can be done and we are also taking legal action,tralee gardai have also been informed so be careful if this is the same guy

I have also been caught by this guy he is now selling gates and fencing taking deposits and money and then a no show ,I know another person who was caught as well for 300 euro ,please pm me if anyone else was caught and we can go to Killarney gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

This guy is at it again! Do the guards actually do anything??

This guy is a scam artist he is now catching people with sheds and fencing anyone that has been caught please pm me as we are going to Killarney garda station he is well known in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

This guy is a scam artist he is now catching people with sheds and fencing anyone that has been caught please pm me as we are going to Killarney garda station he is well known in there

That's the second time you have asked people to PM you cos "we are going to the Gards". You sound a bit dodgy yourself. Go to the Gards yourself, I'm sure people can look after themselves if they want to.

Yes I sound very dodgy asking people to meet in a Garda barracks, u ****in numpty !!

• Advertisement

Ok, 3 things.

1. You never said you would meet in the station. You said you wanted people to PM you first.

2. This thread is 2 and a half years old and you just sound like someone fishing for information about the person in question. (You may even be the "scam artist" yourself imo)

3. Your previous post is highly insulting and has been reported.

1.What part of 'we are going to Killarney Garda station ' do you not understand? 2.it may be two and a half years old but he is still operating and people have contacted me already in the last couple of days and I'm sure they will confirm that on here soon. 3.if it is me 'the scammer' as you say do u not think asking people to go to a Garda station is a little bit odd ? 4.please pretty please with a bun on top will u just go away and annoy someone else

1.What part of 'we are going to Killarney Garda station ' do you not understand? 2.it may be two and a half years old but he is still operating and people have contacted me already in the last couple of days and I'm sure they will confirm that on here soon. 3.if it is me 'the scammer' as you say do u not think asking people to go to a Garda station is a little bit odd ? 4.please pretty please with a bun on top will u just go away and annoy someone else

My original question was why don't you just go to the station yourself if you are that worried about this guy. Like you said, he is well known so why do you need all the support to go see the Gards. Just go yourself if it is bothering you so much. tbh, you don't seem too pushed to go to the Gards so I don't see the point in your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

dobman88 wrote: »
    My original question was why don't you just go to the station yourself if you are that worried about this guy. Like you said, he is well known so why do you need all the support to go see the Gards. Just go yourself if it is bothering you so much. tbh, you don't seem too pushed to go to the Gards so I don't see the point in your posts.

Probably has little or no evidence of the transaction happening and is looking for other people in the area who were conned by or have a knowledge about this man to go with him to the Garda station. He could have already went to the Garda station before on his own and they done nothing for him. The Gardai in certain parts of this country are useless just like their commissioner and the Minister for Justice.

Thank you that's exactly what's happened and the guy is making a fortune from it and the guards won't act but if enough people arrive at the barracks they will have to act

Thank you that's exactly what's happened and the guy is making a fortune from it and the guards won't act but if enough people arrive at the barracks they will have to act

You could have just said that first besides all the childish and insulting posts.

Please folks do not reply to this guy he is suspiciously tryin to get the thread locked for some reason and he has been reported

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Lads to put it simply, thius fella we are talking about still has tonnes of ads on donedeal and is scamming people left and right. However as Chris mentioned above, the Gardai are indeed useless and are doing nothing to stop him so I believe a visit to the station would be a waste of time. The Gardai don't have the interest in solving this crime nor cn they do much as their hands are tied - what they told a lady scammed last week.

I've contacted the small claims court in tralee and will be chasing him in court I'll probably won't get back my money but if it highlights what dis fella is doing then I might stop some other person being scammed ,I've also reported his ads on donedeal and they said they are now monitoring it ,I've been to the guards in tralee now about 8 times and they won't act they are a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Anybody think about taking an ad out with Kerrys Eye or The Kerryman - or better again, contacting a journalist there to cover the story?
    Should put a halt to this gallop - what an asshole.

Kerrys Eye. 22 Ashe Street, Tralee, Co. Kerry Ireland

Phone 066 71 49200, Fax: 066 71 23163 Email: news@kerryseye.com

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/

Advertisement