Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I'm listening to Christmas fm via the app on my Samsung J3 phone as it's not available on fm in my area but every ten minutes or so the app keeps cutting out. I don't know if this is due to Wi Fi black spots or maybe a technical glich on the app. Has anybody else experienced any issues regarding the app?

App is a bit buggy for me but I’m using an app called TuneIn and it’s coming through loud and clear on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Loughc wrote: »
    App is a bit buggy for me but I’m using an app called TuneIn and it’s coming through loud and clear on that.

Thanks for that. I'll download Tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The app is a bit rubbish tbh. There's an internet blackspot outside my office and once it hits that I have to close the app and open it again. Other apps will just come back on once I'm through the blackspot. I'll definitely use TuneIn from now on. Thanks Loughc!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m absolutely loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ditto. Working loud & clear for me pretty much everywhere I go.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've always used Tune In or the website.....and FM in the car since it went live in Clare last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,873 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

FM broadcast finishing at 7pm tonight if I just heard right :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yep... just 51 minutes left, then that's it for another year. :(

(Barring another snow event in March!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Why does it end so soon?! :(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Can't cope with this:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    Can't cope with this:(

Please remember they will continue live online and on the app until New Year’s Eve.

They’re hoping to raise €15k more between now and then. But yes it’s very sad it’s coming off the fm :(

IT'S NOT THE SAME THOUGH.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Oh Yea I know, It always makes me feel sad though :(

Last song. :(

Posy wrote: »
    Last song. :(

What was it? :(

Fairytale of New York.

Now it's just silence.

Posy wrote: »
    Fairytale of New York.

Now it's just silence.

:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Many thanks to all at ChristmasFm for many fabulous hours of brilliant Christmas tunes.... It was my first year using the ap on my phone
    and I found it really the biz !!! Gave a donation yesterday...
    Thanks again. XXX.

Yes a big thank you to all the elves at ChristmasFM another fantastic year and very worthy charity partner.

Will tune in online to get the last few drops of magic. Love the jingles and all on ChristmasFM.

Hopefully there’ll be another Snowmas in 2019 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Was at the Wild Lights in the zoo this evening. Got back into the car and turned on the radio to be greeted by ... silence :(

Oh well, as Sharon Shannon sang a good few too many times this year: "We'll be doing it all over again, all over again" next year

It won't come up for me Loughc

Apologies...got it. That is so heart warming....massive result. A win win for all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Just saw this on FB - absolutely amazing total this year. Well done to everyone involved!!

Is that the highest they've raised yet?
    Even so, a fantastic achievement.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

That's amazing! :D
    Fair play to all the volunteers and everyone involved.

DvB wrote: »
    Is that the highest they've raised yet?
    Even so, a fantastic achievement.

Yep highest one yet!

Yep highest one yet!

Brilliant. Don't mind admitting it was a charity close to my heart so delighted to see them break the 400k mark.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Brilliant. Don't mind admitting it was a charity close to my heart so delighted to see them break the 400k mark.

Yeah I’m absolutely thrilled for them!

Can’t wait to see who will be the charity partner for 2019 already!

Advertisement