Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quitting drink til next year, anyone else?

• 09-09-2004 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Just thought id check to see if anyone else is giving up and why my own reason is to save money really and im pretty sick of drinking and the drinking culture would love to stop altogether but I know ill end up being tempted too much at some stage, im 19 by the way.

/me wants to get back to Thailand a.s.a.p!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

*watches tumbleweed roll by*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

3000th post though, congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

*burp*

(when you get older..with any luck..you tend to only drink occasionally..but you enjoy it soooo much more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

keu wrote:
    *burp*

(when you get older..with any luck..you tend to only drink occasionally..but you enjoy it soooo much more)

Yes when you get older you really do enjoy your drink more - I think its a case of drinking to enjoy it rather than drinking to get drunk. Also you tend to know you're limit. I would drink little but often. I only like to feel merry and hate being drunk which I havn't been in a long time. Anyway sorry for going off you're original point - good luck with giving it up altogether - it can be quite hard in this culture. I mean if you go out with your mates or whoever and everyone else is drinking and you say you're not the first thing you will be asked is "are you sick" and then they will say "ah go on have a pint". Making myself thirsty now thinking of pints.......mmmmmmmm cool crisp Carlsberg......

Seriously though if you don't succeed on giving it up altogether maybe just cut down and only have a couple once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I'm almost 17 now. I'm going on an abstinence policy from alcohol. I don't think it'll ever end :).

*Waves flag*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I wish I was off the drink. In fact I wish I had been off the drink starting at 9 O'Clock last night. That way I wouldn't feel like this right now.

Advertisement