Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's pretty much the entire volume to be fair! Still not complaining about anything only that the last season seemed short for some reason... there was only 10 episodes in the last one considering how much they could have covered! Not back until next March either :(

I disagree, I think we'll only get to the end of book 3 by the end of season 4 for the most part. Parts of book 4 and 5 will get used but yeah I guess we'll find out.

Well no shorter than any other year, 10 episodes is all they can realistically afford to make a season. It's almost an impossible task to adapt the books into 10 hours a year but they've being doing pretty well so far. I just want the next book, probably another 2 years away yet though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Painful that GOT is only 10 eps per season when the standard nowadays is 13. Although HBO do seem to go for less now, season 2 of The Newsroom was only 9 eps.

My fav TV shows though

1 West Wing
    2 Sopranos
    3 The Wire
    4 Battlestar Galactica
    5 The Shield

Deliberately left out any shows still on or recently finished. Would most likely have the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and Mad Men challenging strongly for a top 5 place

My favourite currently running or recently ended would read something like this:

Drama: 1. BB, 2: GOT

Comedy: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The funniest show out there by miles.

Genre: Supernatural. Not too sure what I really make of The Walking Dead, it could be so much better in my eyes. Has anyone played the walking dead game by telltale? The story in that is brilliant.

As you can see my college education served me well :pac: Although I've slowed down in the last year, not able to keep up with everything like I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sounds like the life :) How's the weather over there this time of year? Myself and the girlfriend are hoping to get away for a few days around the midterm break. Most likely end up in west cork or Kerry, nothing wrong with that either but wouldn't mind heading somewhere warmer!

Still well into the 20s but regular storms this time of year which are actually impressive and worth seeing. Average of 25C for October apparently but fairly nice till December. Ryanair fly regularly, well worth keeping an eye out for cheap flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Painful that GOT is only 10 eps per season when the standard nowadays is 13. Although HBO do seem to go for less now, season 2 of The Newsroom was only 9 eps.

My fav TV shows though

1 West Wing
    2 Sopranos
    3 The Wire
    4 Battlestar Galactica
    5 The Shield

Deliberately left out any shows still on or recently finished. Would most likely have the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and Mad Men challenging strongly for a top 5 place

Did they not extend the episodes of GoT to an hour and ten minutes last season to get more in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

bohsman wrote: »
    Still well into the 20s but regular storms this time of year which are actually impressive and worth seeing. Average of 25C for October apparently but fairly nice till December. Ryanair fly regularly, well worth keeping an eye out for cheap flights.

Cheers for that, will check out flights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KevIRL wrote: »

My fav TV shows though

1 West Wing
    2 Sopranos
    3 The Wire
    4 Battlestar Galactica
    5 The Shield

Top 5

1. The Sopranos
    2. The Wire (although i basically had to flip a coin on these two)
    3. Breaking Bad
    4. GOT
    5. The Walking Dead

Also for those of you who enjoy a good series as much as myself this is worth a butchers

Don't know how they have managed to get that pair together on tv but they have and I think this looks quality! HBO don't fúck about!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some other really good tv shows not mentioned yet that are worth checking out:

Curb your enthusiasm
    Homicide life on the street
    Dexter
    The league
    Freaks and geeks
    Falling skies
    Arrerted development
    Friday night lights
    Deadwood
    Justified
    Rome
    Oz

Some other really good tv shows not mentioned yet that are worth checking out:

Curb your enthusiasm
    Homicide life on the street
    Dexter
    The league
    Freaks and geeks
    Falling skies
    Arrerted development
    Friday night lights
    Deadwood
    Justified
    Rome
    Oz

Defo agree with OZ and Rome both brilliant!
    Cant see the humor in Curb Your Enthusiasm... my mate constantly raves about it but i find it irritating! Freaks & Geeks was good a few years back, very coming of age and with some early performances from a lot of current hollywood A-Listers!

Defo agree with OZ and Rome both brilliant!
    Cant see the humor in Curb Your Enthusiasm... my mate constantly raves about it but i find it irritating! Freaks & Geeks was good a few years back, very coming of age and with some early performances from a lot of current hollywood A-Listers!

Curb your enthusiasm def ain't for everyone. I Just love the awkward humor in it. And that Leon Black character is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Top 5

1. The Sopranos
    2. The Wire (although i basically had to flip a coin on these two)
    3. Breaking Bad
    4. GOT
    5. The Walking Dead

Also for those of you who enjoy a good series as much as myself this is worth a butchers

Don't know how they have managed to get that pair together on tv but they have and I think this looks quality! HBO don't fúck about!

Great trailer, first i'd heard of it, looks good! Thought Mccoaughey had forgotten how to act until I saw The Lincoln Lawyer, and.. Killer Joe :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'll try and take a picture of the real thing once it's ready! Won't be cooking it until about 8pm when herself finishes work :)

Man, I have to say, it was the most amazing pizza I've ever had..

3jU0YCRl.jpg

V8zt3K6l.jpg

I loved it. She loved it. Even her mother loved it!

Successful night.. ;)

That pizza looks the business :)

That pizza looks the business :)

Cheese base, mixed with almound flour with a hint of garlic topped with tomato and bacon sauce, more mozarella, fried pieces of chicken, pancetta, mushrooms, onions and grated parmesan on top..

It was insanely filling! I had one slice and two pieces of broccoli and needed to take a long break before working my way through the second one!

Barely a carbohydrate in sight.. :)

Cheese base, mixed with almound flour with a hint of garlic topped with tomato and bacon sauce, more mozarella, fried pieces of chicken, pancetta, mushrooms, onions and grated parmesan on top..

It was insanely filling! I had one slice and two pieces of broccoli and needed to take a long break before working my way through the second one!

All that glorious cheese cant be good though.... i was feeling sorry for myself the other day hungover and made nachos and cheese sauce, finished a whole pot off to myself and felt like crap for about two hours as it started to regurgitate... nice!:pac: such a delicously good idea at the time though!

All that glorious cheese cant be good though.... i was feeling sorry for myself the other day hungover and made nachos and cheese sauce, finished a whole pot off to myself and felt like crap for about two hours as it started to regurgitate... nice!:pac: such a delicously good idea at the time though!

Yes it probably could be considered a litle too much cheese. Although I had half the pizza so that would be 80g of cheddar.. and 120g of mozarella.. So about half a block of cheese total isn't too bad to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Comedy: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The funniest show out there by miles.

Love Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. New series out now too. Not much to do here during the week so I watch a ridiculous amount of TV.

Never thought I would make it through an episode of Curb due to the fact that I hated uncomfortable humour, but loved it. Especially as its main improvised.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I bumped into one of your arteries down at the beach :D

mr-strings-300x235.jpg

I'm avoiding all tv forums, you laugh you lose, facebook and basically anywhere with memes which might contain Breaking Bad spoilers. Am just on the end of the second season but playing catch up quickly.

On the plus side, I'm watching it by myself - there's no waiting for herself to watch it with me as she isn't interested in it!

I see there was a tornado in Ireland today. Some cool pictures and videos on the weather forum. Something I'd more so expect to hear about in my neck of the woods.

• Advertisement

Breaking News:

After 9 months I'm happy to announce that I had a haircut. I feel so much more aerodynamic now

Breaking News:

After 9 months I'm happy to announce that I had a haircut. I feel so much more aerodynamic now

cousin-it.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Breaking News:

By god, you'd know you're still in college....

Just do yourself a favour, when you finish the study and sit your finals, don't go thinking that's the end of it. A few years back some genius in the EU came up with this great idea of continued learning in the workplace.

It's great. Even when you pass all the exams related to your job or industry, they just introduce new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Breaking News:

Ah,hair,i remember those days fondly...bald head and beard for me,good old Mach 3 on the ceann 3 times a week

Speaking of college for anyone familiar with the snapchat app this is how i decided to spend one of my lectures....

u2wr.jpg

As you can probably guess i am top of the class :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Speaking of college for anyone familiar with the snapchat app this is how i decided to spend one of my lectures....

u2wr.jpg

Adam??? :D:pac:

u2wr.jpg

Well I've found the perfect inspiration for reading a 40 page report on European policy :pac:

Adam??? :D:pac:

Níl, is mise Danny!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

3 days running i have mastered the timing of toast and the kettle boiling and popping at the same time,some may laugh at this but i tell you this is a proper lifeskill!!!!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    3 days running i have mastered the timing of toast and the kettle boiling and popping at the same time,some may laugh at this but i tell you this is a proper lifeskill!!!!

Agreed, that plus being able to change lane on a motorway without your tyres touching the catseyes.

Just got sent it by a friend, genuine LOL at the most read story headline on RTE.ie news today.

Advertisement