Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

All them teleports.

This couldn't be more anime if it tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/16/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-for-ps3-adds-kagura-mutsuki-and-yuki-terumi/

BBCP is a PS3 exclusive in Japan at least.

Kagura Mutsuki and Yuki Terumi join the cast (woo, more alternate timeline characters) when the game drops on October 24th.

EDIT: More details: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/apr/16/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-console-release-date-confirmed-two-new-characters-added/

Including that at least Terumi is a pre-order DLC character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hoorah, I actually enjoyed BB's storyline so kinda hyped for this.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So I was in HEY Arcade in Akihabara yesterday, and on the floor dedicated to fighting games they had BB:CP going.

The level of play is already really good over here, so my brief attempt at playing (first time since CS2 stopped being played at casuals) was pretty horrific. Picked Tsubaki and got paired up against a godlike Carl Clover. It was over fast to say the least!

It was by far and away the most popular game being played, roughly 20 machines. It was quiet when I got there, but by the time I was leaving it was completely packed and all the machines were being played on, with other people queuing to get on.

Afterwards I just watched a few different machines. Tager looks pretty ridiculous they've given him so many options, air 360 seems godlike. I saw one guy doing a set up where he would combo someone who was magnetised into a regular pink grab, and when the other person would tech, he would air 360, dragging the person back into him. I have no idea how to escape that and it seems that guy didn't either!

Lots and lots of people playing Bullet, and her playstyle really interested me. Short combos into reset with that command dash thing, looks very hard to escape. Apart from that I saw a lot of Lichi, she looked the same as she always did.

Pics! (pics are giant, so just going to link to them)

The massive set up. This is only one half, looks the same on the otherside. About an hour after I took this, they were all taken.

Me getting bodied. Hard.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It was by far and away the most popular game being played, roughly 20 machines. It was quiet when I got there, but by the time I was leaving it was completely packed and all the machines were being played on, with other people queuing to get on.
    Before November every one of those machines was a Persona cabinet. It's incredible how fast Japan dropped that game.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sairus wrote: »
    Before November every one of those machines was a Persona cabinet. It's incredible how fast Japan dropped that game.

Jees, there's only about 4 P4A machines around there now, hidden away and no one playing on them. In comparison, there was 4 ST machines all being played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

P4A is for scrubs and chair lovers.

Gimme my Tager buffs, come on console release sometime before I died of old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Jees, there's only about 4 P4A machines around there now, hidden away and no one playing on them. In comparison, there was 4 ST machines all being played :P

Those ST machines are only 10 yen a pop! Play allllll day.

The BBVlog has started posting more videos.

And they posted a tager match.

...want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Took me a while to figure out it was the BBVlog because of the name change.

Don't know why anyone would accept that change.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I need more Dead Spikes in my life. Ones that travel now. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

when will this be out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue:_Chronophantasma

Japan: October 21st
    North America: early next year
    Europe: LOL I DUNNO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

2014 ? **** OFF
    also no XBX?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

New Street Fighter and everyone importing BB to play on PS3.

It's just like the good old days, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Longest running gag of Blazblue is no more.

Kokonoe finally playable on PS3 version of CP

Every 360 from here on out:
    "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW"

So.
    Who else is pre-ordering the October release of this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa wrote: »
    So.
    Oh Voa, still so optimistic after all these years...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Voa wrote: »
    So.

What year are we talking here?

While it's easy to have a pop, don't they usually do the Japanese release on time?

That's what Voa's asking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oh of course, the eternal woe of the 360 owner.

I'm tempted to give BB another shot but don't know if I want to buy a PS3 for it, though it is getting around that time you can pick one up cheap and enjoy the back catalogue.

Bullet and boss Tsubaki look fun, but there's already the usual slew of DLC nonsense.

Think you might want to get the lads off of facebook and in here to answer that question Voa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Oh of course, the eternal woe of the 360 owner.

I'm tempted to give BB another shot but don't know if I want to buy a PS3 for it, though it is getting around that time you can pick one up cheap and enjoy the back catalogue.

Bullet and boss Tsubaki look fun, but there's already the usual slew of DLC nonsense.

Would this help? http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/10-ps4-game-upgrade-process-detailed-by-sony

I'm not sure if the boat is still headed towards PS4 for next-gen fighting games but surely it's best to just go and get PS4 if you'll be buying a console anyways. Since Blazblue will be released next year and it's an exclusive surely there'll be a way to play it on PS4 somehow.

A suggestion anyways, it's what I'm researching about since I'm in need of a PS3 for it as well :pac:

Aaaaaaaaaaand shipped.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this play. Considering buying as I do like Rachel. A vampire for an older time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'd buy it if it ever gets released on Xbox.

I'm the only gobsheen who wants to see how the plot turns out...

Also two Hazamas? Take my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Shipped :3 And now more waiting.

In the meantime, neeed to figure out how to get Kokonoe. Gotta get me some cat lady uguu~

Advertisement