Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Aye, seen that alright. It'll be interesting to see how HE gets on with it.

In the short term a Tech3 Yamaha or Gresini Honda (or is that a 2nd LCR??) was probably a better bet but long term this could pay off for Dovi - IF he can keep his 2012 form.

Jeremy Burgess has been saying that he might not follow Rossi back to Yamaha after all......which would be a big + for Ducati and Dovi.

So where does that leave Cal ? surely Bradley will not be moving up to Moto GP and Cal will stay at Tech 3 ? and who gets the Tech 3 second seat ? or would Cal go to Honda ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Infoanon wrote: »
    In the short term a Tech3 Yamaha or Gresini Honda (or is that a 2nd LCR??) was probably a better bet but long term this could pay off for Dovi - IF he can keep his 2012 form.

Jeremy Burgess has been saying that he might not follow Rossi back to Yamaha after all......which would be a big + for Ducati and Dovi.

So where does that leave Cal ? surely Bradley will not be moving up to Moto GP and Cal will stay at Tech 3 ? and who gets the Tech 3 second seat ? or would Cal go to Honda ??

I'd be surprised if Cal moved from Tech 3 TBH. He's a lot more consistent that he was last year and they seem to be working well together. Audi said it would take them 2 years to get a competitive bike with Ducati, so if Dovi signed a two year deal, he could use 2013 as a "getting used to the bike" season and 2014 fighting at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'd be surprised if Cal moved from Tech 3 TBH. He's a lot more consistent that he was last year and they seem to be working well together. Audi said it would take them 2 years to get a competitive bike with Ducati, so if Dovi signed a two year deal, he could use 2013 as a "getting used to the bike" season and 2014 fighting at the front?

We've all heard that before :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Big news: Stoner has just confrimed that he will be having surgery on his ankle and will miss Brno

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

That's the title gone so. 2 horse race now.

• Advertisement

That's the title gone so. 2 horse race now.

Typically for a fractured ankle you're looking at a two-three week recovery for a rider to get back on the bike and even that isnt obviously at full fitness so it will be interesting to see if Casey is gonna push to come back before he is fully fit. Also Misano has never been his best traco-one win and a third-so would he rush coming back before full fitness for a track he hasnt been great at in the past? I think he'll miss the next two races but we'll know more when he talks to the press in a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

so that's the championship down to two men now it'll be interesting to see can Pedrosa keep the charge he's on going.

Casey has said that his plan "is to come back hopefully a race or two before Philip Island but until we've had the surgery we won't know" which probably will mean a mid October return at Motegi or Sepang so that he has some mileage under his belt for PI and Valencia

Casey also said that Doctors have told him that he needs to rest the injury and that if he raced on it again he could risk perminant damage. Apparently he was told not to race at Indy but decided to race because he didnt want to let his team down.

Ive got a post on the website and ill update it as more news comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Seriously lads...wtf did Spies do to deserve his (no) luck.........I reckon his mother just wants him home....;);)

• Advertisement

brilliant last lap in the motogp race

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Last lap in Brno today was absolutely amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

my lord brilliant last lap!, i didnt expect pedrosa to come back at lorenzo like that, nice to see a fight in him,
    pedrosa for the championship hopefully:)

very good to see cal on the podium aswell, he was close to it so many times,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Great race, didn't miss Stoner at all.

Can't wait till next year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

And great to see Cal Crutchlow finally get onto the podium. Well done!

As usual good first few laps....go and make a sambo and a cuppa...back for the last few laps....:p
    Delighted for Pedrosa, glad to see him get aggressive, looked like he really wanted it..never seen him look so ragged..brilliant..
    Great for Cal..totally deserved it...imagine if both tech 3 bikes ran out of fuel a lap earlier...:eek:
    Spies......:confused:...i assume when he saw Rossi's smoke he thought it was him again.....he should just go now........gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

frostie500 wrote: »
    Big news: Stoner has just confrimed that he will be having surgery on his ankle and will miss Brno

Jonathan Rea to test the Repsol Honda at Brno tomorrow.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/183234/1/jonathan_rea_gets_repsol_honda_chance.html

“In case, as doctors anticipate, Casey Stoner is not able to re-join the Repsol Honda Team in time, then Jonathan will replace him in Misano and Aragon.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

bladebrew wrote: »
    my lord brilliant last lap!, i didnt expect pedrosa to come back at lorenzo like that, nice to see a fight in him,
    pedrosa for the championship hopefully:)

very good to see cal on the podium aswell, he was close to it so many times,

Didn't see the race. I wrote not long ago that I have never seen Pedrosa come out on top in a wheel to wheel battle. Looks like I've been proved wrong! (I presume he made a last lap move to overtake Lorenzo)

I would love to see Dani win the title. There was a time when I thought he would never win it. This year I think is his best, and last, chance.

Hope Jonny Rea gets his chance to race for Honda in the absence of Stoner. Would be great to see another Irishman back racing in the top level of the sport.

Edit: Well done Cal!!

forgot to mention Jonas Folger what a turn around, fair play to Jorge Martínez for giving him a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cal quick enough in the test, J Rea only 3 seconds off the pace.
    And S.Bradl is knocking on that door pretty hard!

Brno Test -- Final Times

1. Cal Crutchlow GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.461s (Lap 43/47)
    2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.578s (30/31)
    3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 56.699s (46/54)
    4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 56.703s (17/45)
    5. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 57.156s (52/69)
    6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 57.161s (32/62)
    7. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 57.474s (6/15)
    8. Jonathan Rea GBR Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 59.595s (60/61)
    9. Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 59.743s (37/40)
    10. Ivan Silva ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 2m 0.667s (18/83)
    11. Michele Pirro ITA Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT) 2m 0.863s (9/33)
    12. Loris Capirossi ITA Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT) 2m 2.049s (3/5)
    13. Colin Edwards USA Speed Master (ART CRT) 2m 3.143s (19/29)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Jesus, Edwards 6 seconds off. Poor f**ker!!! :(

Jesus, Edwards 6 seconds off. Poor f**ker!!! :(

And nearly 4 secs behind Yonny....Think he's just waiting for his pension now.....pity, i always liked him...Go Loris.............

to be fair to Colin he was testing a new bike

although so was loris just spotted he done a 2:02 on his 3rd lap on the suter crt

Grim. wrote: »
    although so was loris just spotted he done a 2:02 on his 3rd lap on the suter crt

In fairness this was a test session so times can be misleading - certainly didn't lack effort over the weekend.

3 Great Races - the battle behind Folger in Moto 3 was stunning.Stunning circuit as well - TV does not do justice to the elevation chnages.

Missed on TV was Esparagos overtake of Elias on the last lap - as was Sitos and Alexis arguing with the officials during the Moto 2 race.

While aside from Rossi the biggest media scrum was around Bradl - wonder how close his LCR will be to a HRC at Aragon & Misano....

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yikert

Yeah, you got it right there. Pedrosa brought some fight at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Grim. wrote: »

Colin was ill during the test apparently but loved the Aprilia. It looks like he could make the switch to it by Misano.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats because the Eskil Suter took it upon himself to do a bit of testing after criticism of the bikes electronics, result: mangled bike and Suter himself.
    This will probably set the Suter-BMW CRT back a bit.:D

I posted a few F1 facebook cover photos in one of the other threads but I did a few for MotoGP as well:
    motogp-silverstone-2012.jpg?w=851

cal-crutchlow-nicky-hayden-hector-barbera-assen-2012.jpg?w=851

maverick-vinales-sandro-cortese-romano-fenati-italy-2012.jpg?w=851

niccollo-antonelli-arthur-sissis-assen-2012.jpg?w=851

zulfahmi-khairuddin-miguel-oliviera-hector-faubel-dutch-tt-2012.jpg?w=851

scott-redding-marc-marquez-assen-2012.jpg?w=851

maverick-vinales-danny-kent-assen-2012.jpg?w=851

maverick-vinales-sandro-cortese-jerez-2012.jpg?w=851

luis-salom-louis-rossi-assen-2012.jpg?w=851

Maybe its the height of the silly season but - strong rumours that Iannone is going to Pramac Ducati and his team mate will be.......Ben Spies.

Scott Redding had originally been lined up to partner Iannone.

Though called 'Pramac Ducati' at the moment it is expected that Pramac will pull out at season end and the team will become a proper junior ducati team a la Tech 3 & LCR.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Maybe its the height of the silly season but - strong rumours that Iannone is going to Pramac Ducati and his team mate will be.......Ben Spies.

Scott Redding had originally been lined up to partner Iannone.

Though called 'Pramac Ducati' at the moment it is expected that Pramac will pull out at season end and the team will become a proper junior ducati team a la Tech 3 & LCR.

Redding was tabbed for a Marc VDS tie up with Ducati rather than a Ducati Jr team from what I had understood. Marc VDS have since admitted that its unlikely for them to move up to MotoGP next year.

"Pramac" are going to have a new sponsor next season, in all likelihood, and Spies signing would make a lot of sense. He's a very talented rider and would give the team an experienced rider to team with Iannone and teach him. However the question really has to be whether Spies wants to stay in MotoGP.

I got the impression earlier in the year that he wasnt happy in the class. Maybe it was an issue with Yamaha and his bad luck but I remain to be convinced that he really wants to stay in the class.

Advertisement