Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What a Try thou!

Nah I'm happy for them. Was worthing losing the money just to watch the last 5 minutes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Went for Romania +9 @ 10/11.

Romania have a good history against Georgia winning something like 8 out 14 matches. There last five results have been

12 March 2011 Georgia 18 - 11 Romania Vake Stadium
    13 March 2010 Romania 22 - 10 Georgia Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf 14 March 2009 Georgia 28 - 23 Romania Tbilisi
    09 February 2008 Georgia 22 - 7 Romania Vake Stadium
    03 February 2007 Romania 17 - 20 Georgia Stadionul Steaua

Georgia have won 3 out of 5 but only covered the handicap once. You can put a line true Romania's game against England because they were looking forward to this game. Romania were unlucky to lose to Scotland were Scotland were in control against Georgia. Both teams will be looking for the win and it will be very close game, so the +9 is a good bet.

Ulster are 4/5 to beat Dragons at Rodney Parade this weekend. Surely free money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

pp have qf finals up:- Ireland -3 v wales, and eng -3 v frogs ,aussies -2 v sa,

kiwis -28 v argies :eek:

duckysauce wrote: »
    pp have qf finals up:- Ireland -3 v wales, and eng -3 v frogs ,aussies -2 v sa,

kiwis -28 v argies :eek:

Argies at 20/1 to win. If Lobbe was fit I'd stick on a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I wouldn't touch Argentina with a barge pole. 13 previous encounters with the All Blacks winning 12 and one draw. 200/1 and maybe I'd risk a fiver.

How about South Africa vs Samoa tomorrow? Surely one of the giants has to come a cropper and who better that PDV's team. 10/1 with PP - I might just give it a lash. :D

I wouldn't touch Argentina with a barge pole. 13 previous encounters with the All Blacks winning 12 and one draw. 200/1 and maybe I'd risk a fiver.

How about South Africa vs Samoa tomorrow? Surely one of the giants has to come a cropper and who better that PDV's team. 10/1 with PP - I might just give it a lash. :D

I wish, Wales screwed up my bet on Samoa , would be great if they did SA over tommorrow.

Stayed away from Samoa as I couldn't get into to my 'venue' at 8.30 but will be there for 9.00am if the match warrants it. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ulster are 4/5 to beat Dragons at Rodney Parade this weekend. Surely free money?

Free money for Mr. Power perhaps!

PP had odds of 7/4 in my local shop today on a combo of Ulster and Munster winning - looks like he knew something that the rest of us didn't. I didn't touch it but got in on more than 17.5 in the first half in the Edinburgh vs Munster game - 16-9 HT with Munster clawing their way back. :D

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Free money for Mr. Power perhaps!

aye :o

A bad night for all three provinces. :(

Edinburgh vs Munster 29-14
    Ospreys vs Connacht 20-15
    Dragons vs Ulster 22-9

Not entirely surprising. Where was Dougie Howlett? And for Ulster where was Ian Humphreys? Are they both out injured or just rested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Anyone else throwing a few quid on Australia to beat the HC ?

-32 HT 10/11
    -69 FT 10/11

A A Cooper first try scorer. 6/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

A bad night for all three provinces. :(

Edinburgh vs Munster 29-14
    Ospreys vs Connacht 20-15
    Dragons vs Ulster 22-9

Not entirely surprising. Where was Dougie Howlett? And for Ulster where was Ian Humphreys? Are they both out injured or just rested?
    Humphries and cave were injured a couple of weeks ago against cardiff

I don't know about Howlett

I HATE POOL B.
    • Lost out on €10 winnings on Argentina to beat England. England last minute try to win.
    • Lost out on €12 winnings on no try in Argentina vs Scotland. Argentina try in the last 5 minutes.
    • Lost out on €11 winnings on Scotland to beat England, England last minute try to win.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Another woeful betting session only salvaged by some last minute betting on England to win. :(

ENGLAND%2BPP.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The French...what to do with them!

Have they beaten the handicap in any of their games?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The French...what to do with them!

Have they beaten the handicap in any of their games?

I'm not quite sure I'd describe that as "not beating the handicap".

Useless Frenchies. Remind me never ever to beat on them again.

Unless it's to beat NZ in a knockout game...

C Healy @ 25/1 motm , good odds after the italians bigging their scrum up , if Cian plays like he did against Austrialia could well get it.

Ireland 1/7 to win, -11 spread on PP. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Ireland 1/7 to win, -11 spread on PP. Thoughts?

I realy like the look of Ireland to win by 1-12 points at 15/8 with Stan James.
    PP dont have odds for it tho.

Others I taught would give a run your ur money was was Man of Match ROG 11/2 SO'B 6/1 and Parisse 7/1
    I'd prob pick ROG if I was doing 1 of the above.

I dont think I will do a bet tho as it can ruin a game sometimes when you have enough interest anyway when your team is playing.

Edit Just seen prob the worst value I've ever seen.
    Ireland to win to nil 20/1
    Another 20/1shot in the match is Parisse to score the 1st try.
    I know whichone I'd take if I had the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I realy like the look of Ireland to win by 1-12 points at 15/8 with Stan James.
    PP dont have odds for it tho.

Others I taught would give a run your ur money was was Man of Match ROG 11/2 SO'B 6/1 and Parisse 7/1
    I'd prob pick ROG if I was doing 1 of the above.

I dont think I will do a bet tho as it can ruin a game sometimes when you have enough interest anyway when your team is playing.

Edit Just seen prob the worst value I've ever seen.
    Ireland to win to nil 20/1
    Another 20/1shot in the match is Parisse to score the 1st try.
    I know whichone I'd take if I had the choice.

WHAT?! :eek:
    That's a huge misprice if true. Hammer it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

emmet02 wrote: »

No its not a mistake they are just being very generous.
    Here it is on betpack (betpack is basically the same as stan james)

http://www.betpack.com/betting/?sID=1626.2&sltc=176758.2&slc=338249.2&sle=1680152.2&slm=-1

emmet02 wrote: »

7/5 on Paddy Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

It's a fairly normal price; I wouldn't be overly taken by it. They usually give thereabouts for being within 10 points of the handicap. Argentina are 11/4 to win by 11-20 for example (handicap 20) and Wales are 5/2 to win by 11-20 (handicap 19). Both more generous than the Irish odds albeit with a slightly smaller range.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Backing Ireland to beat the HC, and backing that bet together gives a gtd return if you do it in the right ratio.

Does it beat the 1/7 return for an Ireland outright win?

I imagine so

1/3 if you split the bet 65/35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Figi 9/1 or +19 at evens on PP looks the most interesting. Don't forget the money back special if an 11 scores a try. Well worth the gamble Id say.

Last chance for pool stage accumulator aswell

With Carter out, I'm thinking of laying NZ on betfair and then backing them when the odds inevitably rise as news filters through about Carter's injury. What do ye think, I'm new to betfair so maybe my thinking is wrong.

Or am I too late already?

Bah, odds will shorten anyway by semi-finals. NZ with Slade at 10 should still beat Argies handily enough.

Nevermind...

• Advertisement

Carter's injury has caused the outright market to alter its odds significantly.

Ireland down to 14/1 to win the comp, NZ up to 5/6.

Advertisement