Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall's Pictorial Weekly

• 22-11-2007 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I was pleasantly surprised to see Hall's Pictorial Weekly on RTE2 last night. Hell, it brought back some memories for me. My parents could only afford a Black and White TV license then. Colour TV's were rare back in the 70's.

Almost 30 years ago :eek:

I hope there are some of you who can remember the series.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Was one of the funniest shows rte ever produced .I remember the two corkoians boys ' cha and mia ' and ' eammon morrisey ' ..so so funny . The minister for posts and telegraph poles ha ha , only in ol ireland .

Good memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Foggy43 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised to see Hall's Pictorial Weekly on RTE2 last night. Hell, it brought back some memories for me. My parents could only afford a Black and White TV license then. Colour TV's were rare back in the 70's.

Almost 30 years ago :eek:

I hope there are some of you who can remember the series.
    Will it be on again next week? I remember it well of course I was only a small boy at the time. The boys from ballymagash. They also done a tour of towns in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Maybe it will be on RTE International http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wsJf1nc2WA ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yes, I remember the boys from Ballymagash plotting to stage the first annual International Ballymagash film festival in order to get to see 'Last Tango in Paris' (it was banned in Ireland at the time).

Hall's Pictorial Weekly was a savage political and cultural satirical punch delivered in a velvet glove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 WiCkLaMuLlA

Mia and Cha were 'kin brilliant, i were only a bhoy when that was on but i remember it well.

Advertisement