Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek Items

Options
  • 09-05-2003 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering what other people collect as star trek items? Myself i'm a big fan of the books, from TNG, DS9, VGR and Enterprise on, i also collected the fact files and get the monthly magazine and am currently collecting the VHS refit of TNG and have a couple of seasons of VGR and DS9 and other collectable bits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've all of the films on video (except nemesis), season 1 of TNG on dvd, downloaded numerous episodes and have about 5 different trek games.

*cough* geek ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

shocking discrimination azezil, yeah i've got all the films on VHS. Up to first contact i've got in a special box set (insurrection i've got that special limited edition shiny box thingy) that was £50 quid at the time and i sold my super nintendo to gamesworld to get it, they would only give me £45 cash and i remember saying i want to spend it in this store (when they where still in with chapters) but they said chapters didn't count, but some nice women downstairs sold me it for £45 i couldn't believe it, then halfway home i realised **** this is widescreen version hoped off the bus went back to find out there was only a widescreen version (it was about the time of the remastered star wars stuff which had both a wide and non-widescreen version) and had to walk home. Ta da, what out for my next post where you can get my life story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Iv made it a point to own all the pc games.. Armada being the best of em. along with some other bits and pieces a few models the dvds, and whatever I can download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

I have all the films on video and Generations on DVD, i have the complete TNG on DVD, i have 9 of the new figures by art asylum and the enterprise model, i have 17 of the Playmates figures (including the oringal crew) i have autographs (Q, data, Bashir, Janeway) and thats about it besides the books and games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I have autographs from Bashir, Janeway, Data and Q, I have most if not all of the old micromachine ship models, I have about 3 Star Trek games (Future's Past on the SNES, Bridge Commander, Elite Force) and I have the odd book or two. I've never really been into collecting all the stuff really, I just stick to watching the films and series without delving into the books too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well for me its anything and every thing!

I have all the films, my fav epps, and good know whats else!

Oh i have an airfix model of the 1701a on a shelf some where from years ago that i never finished but i will some day soon! I keep telling my self that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the books are my collection are buy pretty much everything but TOS ones (and even some of those) religiously, i was way pissed that paramount nearly stopped the vhs refit of the next generation due to the dvd's and i will finish collecting them on vhs as they are released, have a couple of models hanging out of the ceiling, (unpainted for the most part as i suck that :) ). Don't think i can really afford the DS9 dvd's though ah well you can't win em all. Oh and where did you's get those cool autographs? conventions? as i've never been to one but want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have all the films. I have about 10 books. I also have about 450 episodes TNG / DS9 / Voyager / Enterprise. Hope to have them all in a few months :)

I'm not really into the uniforms / models / posters. Ohh, I met Shatner and Robert Duncan Mcneil (paris)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I will admit to having afew items in my younger years circa 1993-1996

I had lots of figures, lots of books, many videos including the first two or three seasons of voyager, some Ds9 Stuff, a tricorder, the original communicator and the later versions, and much much more.

Yes friends i was a nerd, but i haven't bought anything in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

All seasons of ds9 from season 4 on VHS, all seasons of next gen on dvd, started collecting ds9 on dvd (my favourite out of all the series) have all movies on vhs and dvd (getting nemesis from the states, got the playmates phasers tricorders etc, got the enterpise b and d on playmates as well, got various reference books

Met bjo trimble (saviour of star trek in the 1960s), got novels, someone even taped generations onto an audio tape so i can listen to it while on long journies

Cant go on that little lot exhausted me

Shin

:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement