Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Exploited

• 24-05-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

looking for a few of "THE EXPLOITED" albums ill give 3-5 euro a peice depending on condition

if there is anyone who can help me out that would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I have lots of stuff by The Exploited, I could burn you some **** and you could just sort me out for a few pints, my gf and I would be most greatful ;)
    I am from town so could meet you at the Ilac say saturday at 2.30?
    Jimeatsmenu will vouch for us.
    BTW read my Wasted thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I fully endorse this product or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jimmytango

how many albums have you from the exploited
    how many can you copy down for me
    will this include an inlay card?
    also note down year of album and album name
    and we'll see if we can do buisness!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm not his gf btw.

Just to clarify.

I have.............
    Punks not dead (1982)
    Forget about the The Clash joke and the Sex Pistols, Punk rock was born with The Exploited. Well, let's give some credit to the Malcom-MacLaren-managed outfit. They did write the first punk material ever on The Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle (ie : Belsen was a gas, Stepping Stone,...) but there were very few and surrounded with abominations, so I consider it accidental. On the contrary, the leading bass and mellow-free tunes of the aforementioned songs, in addition to Wattie Buchan's raspy vocals, are the core of the Exploited sound. The songwriting on this first effort is as straightforward as it's tight. The reciper reach a climax on the titletrack that succeeded the trick to be a memorable tune, while being based on merely two chords. Check out this out... Out of the 17 songs, 10 are the classics that can be found on the mythic Apocalypse Tour 81 Bootleg. Best heard off of a scratched vinyl.

Troops of Tommorow (1982)
    As The Exploited explored new musical horizons later on, The Troops of Tomorrow will remain to me the best studio punk rock album of all time. (I'll post a review of the jaw-dropping Live Paris sous la pluie by French punk rockers Les Cadavres soon). The main evolution from the first album, is the guitars getting more dominant. If you wonder what crack some ppl are on when they claim thrash was influenced by punk, check out songs such as Computers don't Blunder, then listen to Slayer's Show No Mercy. One of the facts that grant a band lots of points in my highly opinionated book is the ability to write a slow song that turns out to be as addictive as a galloping one. They did it too on the title track. An exquisite tune that grinds you bit by bit before annihilating you with a ten-note solo (no kidding)... Among the other special tracks are the anthemic Dead Cities, that appeared previously on AT 81 and UK82 chosen as sondtrack to cult movie Made in Britain (a must-watch!). For security reasons, do not play in a cluttered room. You're never safe.

Let's start a war(1983)/Horror epics (1985)
    This CD contains the 2 albums Let's Start a War and Horror Epics. The choice of burning them together isn't irrelevant as they have a similar production, responsible for one hell of a dark and oppressing sound. They also share the same sort of riffing with a little more intricacy and epic approach than in the past which is blatant in tracks like Insane. And as usual, the bass lines are pumped out with a passion throughout and even border on not-of-this-earthness on My Life, a tune in the same league of its own as Troops of Tomorrow. An awe-inspiring closer. The first thing that distinguishes them is Let's Start a War is the album on which they starting opening songs with BBC samples (they didn't do again before The Massacre). It helps put the lyrics back into their context and often adds to the grim mood. On the other hand Horror Epics features a unique, kind of jerky drumming that turns out to be truly refreshing and has a bunch of outstanding songs, while those on Let's start a war would tend to merely be damn good pogoers.

The massacre (1990)
    The older, the wilder. Not that The Exploited have ever put out any single hint of mellow stuff (perish the thought !), but still, the former punk spearhead has created on The Massacre what couldn't be described any better than by metal mayhem, thrash that smashes and grinds most of the time. It certainly wasn't meant to be overly technical. Here, the focal point is the song. Among fast and furious blasts and lacerating riffs stand melodies that will stick into your brain and I'll defy you to get rid of for a while. It's also true for solos (up to two of them per track !), even if it's not so much of a surprise since they had already come up with some wicked ones on their previous albums. You'll experience all this as from the opener starting off pedal to the metal without intro. Be ready for the shockwave. The slower songs like Sick Bastard or the creepy Blown out of the Sky are just as brilliant in term of efficiency. An intoxicating album that makes God Hates Us All sound punny.

Live in Rotterdam
    Live album of Bootleg quality only

No inlay cards but you can get the track listings easily enough from here
    http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/exploited/albums.jhtml

Jimeatsmenu is lying btw, he is infact my bitch :cool:

• Advertisement

Just for you, pic of The Exploited playing last weekends Wasted fest
    wasted2005418ya.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Napalm1

Anarchist wrote:
    I have lots of stuff by The Exploited, I could burn you some **** and you could just sort me out for a few pints, my gf and I would be most greatful ;)
    I am from town so could meet you at the Ilac say saturday at 2.30?
    Jimeatsmenu will vouch for us.
    BTW read my Wasted thread.
    IMRO... :D

Advertisement