Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just watched the new Kevin Nash YouShoot. Its alright, not great. Nash is just too drunk to be his usual entertaining self.

But at one part The Rock gets mentioned and Nash calls him gay (not in a joking way too, :pac:) Further states that in the years The Rock has been divorced and in Hollywood, he hasnt been seen with a girl hanging out of him.

Now, its obvious that Nash doesnt like The Rock. He states that when he came back with Hall and Hogan in 2002, he found The Rock to be a dick. So either Nash let something be known or is trying to start rumors that Rocky is gay because he just doesnt like him.

My take?
    I don't think The Rock is gay ... but then again he has always been a 'well grommed' bloke as well ... :pac: His eyebrows were even perfectly shaped and plucked back in the attitude era :pac:

• Just watched the new Kevin Nash YouShoot. Its alright, not great. Nash is just too drunk to be his usual entertaining self.

But at one part The Rock gets mentioned and Nash calls him gay (not in a joking way too, :pac:) Further states that in the years The Rock has been divorced and in Hollywood, he hasnt been seen with a girl hanging out of him.

Now, its obvious that Nash doesnt like The Rock. He states that when he came back with Hall and Hogan in 2002, he found The Rock to be a dick. So either Nash let something be known or is trying to start rumors that Rocky is gay because he just doesnt like him.

Go to 3.45.

I remember reading at the time that Nash was pissed off and threw a strop backstage after Rock called him "Big Daddy Bitch".

I thought it was funny though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I guess Taker is gay for wearing mascara too.
    Nash only says this **** to get attention cause he hasn't anything else to offer but being a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Rock gets more pie in one night than Kevin Nash gets in a LIFETIME, BABY!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I hear he's been known to shave off his body hair, oil himself up and go rub up against other guys in tiny pants too!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Our Wrestling Travel brothers and sisters were massively messed around with today:
    This morning's attempted Wrestlemania AXXESS pre-sale was a complete bust once again as we are told VIP ticket sales were not working. Attempts to order the VIP tickets either timed out or were met with a message that they were sold out.

That, however, is not the case. We have heard from several readers that contacted the IZOD Center, where the event is taking place and were told that as of now, ALL VIP Tickets for AXXESS will be held and won't go on sale until this Saturday at 10 AM Eastern, when tickets go on sale to the general public.

Obviously, someone needs to apologize because there are, without exaggeration, thousands of annoyed fans right now.

PWInsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I read a rumour before that Rock didn't really get on with the kliq, something about HBK constantly in Vince's ear telling him that HHH should have been getting the push The Rock was getting back in 98 or whatever. Maybe they were all just ***** and Rock hasn't forgotten. :pac:

I read a rumour before that Rock didn't really get on with the kliq, something about HBK constantly in Vince's ear telling him that HHH should have been getting the push The Rock was getting back in 98 or whatever. Maybe they were all just ***** and Rock hasn't forgotten. :pac:

Shawn badly bullied Rock at an event backstage when the Rock was younger too.

Dave Meltzer (a buddy of Rock) told this story:
    My two favorite Kevin Nash stories were the time on live TV that he was doing a promo with Terry Funk, where he was the heel and Funk was the face. They had worked the promo out, then Nash totally went against the script, double-crossed Funk, Funk looked bad and then went to the back bragging about how he upstaged and left Terry Funk in the dust.

The second was for years he would brag in the WCW locker room about how given a chance, he'd do the same to The Rock. He said it so often, Rock knew the story. Then they actually did the promo, and Rock veered from the script and totally buried him.

The promo occurred the Raw after Wrestlemania 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I can never stand listening to shoots with Nash, the guy loves himself so much it's unbearable. Don't find him at all entertaining either, it's always at the expense of others, innit, tales of how he won out over everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »

Shawn badly bullied Rock at an event backstage when the Rock was younger too.

Dave Meltzer (a buddy of Rock) told this story:

The promo occurred the Raw after Wrestlemania 18.
    Jesus, I felt sorry for Nash when Punk made a show of him but after reading that, not anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

In truth I didn't know where to post this so I am posting it here. I've gotten permission to post this by someone who put this together. The lads on the Wrestling Observer forum last year decided to put together a Wrestling annual like the annuals you would receive as a child at Christmas. This is the second edition of it.

Links here:

SendSpace - http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ah044e

FileFactory - http://www.filefactory.com/file/18ozm1ye3uib/n/2012_DKP_PWP_Annual_pdf

Massive 174 page PDF covering major US promotions, US & European indies and Puro. One of the contributors to it is occasional boards poster JamieOD. Serious amount of work put in here by some of the biggest and nicest :) fans I know online.

Incredible volume of work gone into this. Fair play to all invloved. Everyone - download this and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Nash is good craic,wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.Think a quote I read from once was something like ''when my son wants to amuse himself he plays Call of Duty,when I want amuse myself I go on the internet and fool the marks''.

Thought the Youshoot was good fun.

Jesus, I felt sorry for Nash when Punk made a show of him but after reading that, not anymore.

Check out Nash's body language when Rock has the mic. Same facial expression with his hands on hips:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Our Wrestling Travel brothers and sisters were massively messed around with today:

Sure was was on the verify by visa page while trying to checkout HBK axxess tickets and it returned me to the event page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Nash takes himself plenty seriously underneath it all, can't stand that type of bully who tries to disguise himself as the funny guy. The idea of anyone liking Kevin Nash baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I can never stand listening to shoots with Nash, the guy loves himself so much it's unbearable. Don't find him at all entertaining either, it's always at the expense of others, innit, tales of how he won out over everyone else?

Lets be honest about Nash, the guy is a prick :p
    But he can be funny and entertaining in the shoot interviews he has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I really can't understand what drives this guy. It is like he has low self-esteem or something. He seems to have to remind everyone that he's "the man", but people like him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'd say Nash was used to being the main guy backstage at WWF in the mid-nineties and the WCW and was jealous of the likes of the Rock for now having more power with Vince in 2002. As for being annoyed because of what the Rock, in-character, said on TV..:P

Not to mention that he thinks being gay is an insult...is that really the best he can do.

Although given how Nash's Kliq buddies tried their best to bury The Rock it wouldn't be so surprising if the Rock didn't take too kindly to him.

Missed opportunity by Hulk to say he'd hit the kid who is 17 btw with a Legdrop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rey Mysterio is back in the picture, he was on one of the web shows and was also Superstar of the day, please JBL,Jebus,Allah etc don't let him win the f'n Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

No chance of him winning,be cool to have him a surprise participant in the Rumble though.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/jim-johnston-10-favorite-themes
    Interesting enough article about wwe`s most underrated employee.
    Have we got a PW theme thread on here btw?

Here is the trailer for the new Dynamite Kid documentary which I think is out in February. Davey Richards narrates it.

I've read that Dynamite will attend the premiere of it and that it costs £75 for a meet-and-greet. It's meant to be limited to less than 100 people.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I've read that Dynamite will attend the premiere of it and that it costs £75 for a meet-and-greet. It's meant to be limited to less than 100 people.

In which city is that?

Charisteas wrote: »
    In which city is that?

Manchester. I believe it's the Hilton Manchester Deansgate hotel.

Very early 90s WCW this and I make excited for it:
    In a TV ad for Wednesday's Main Event Ion show, they showed Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, The Miz, Antonio Cesaro, Darren Young and Randy Orton as the eight participants in the Intercontinental Cup tourament for a shot at Wade Barrett's title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Very early 90s WCW this and I make excited for it:

Lol, Randy Orton must be at the lowest position in his career since he was a mid-carder. Wrestling for a title that's not even the secondary title.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Lol, Randy Orton must be at the lowest position in his career since he was a mid-carder. Wrestling for a title that's not even the secondary title.

I'm expecting him to snap and turn into Hank from Me,Myself and Irene. Looking forward to him calling Miz a ringworm now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

In fairness to Orton, aside from the backstage stuff that's played influence in the last year, there's been legitimately no room for him at the top of the card.

The WHC was busy from the second he dropped it, from getting Henry over as a monster, to Bryan becoming the weasal, to Sheamus as Smackdown's Cena, and the only opening was in Show's run, which was quashed to solidify Del Rio's face shift.

The only time he could've inched in on the WWE scene was in Punk's initial face run as champ, and they weren't going to do that to Punk, since Orton is a legit superstar, and it would've split the crowd, or worse, damaged the two.

Of course, there could've been roomed made, if needed, but seemingly, it was an easy choice not to, considering Orton's proneness to injury, and the drama that occurred over Summer.

On a semi-related note, on the supposed staleness of Orton's character. I don't think Orton is a much stale as he is not having had anything substantial to get his teeth into over the last year. It's just been placeholder feud, after placeholder feud, from Kane, to Ziggler and then Del Rio.

Anyways, it can only help the IC title that Orton's challenge for it, really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement