Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Spotted someone in a new style long-sleeve at the Howth road/Baldoyle junction. Yell and a wave...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

funkyjebus wrote: »
    This could have been me again? With the warmer days I've lost the jacket, so this could become a weekly thing!

hmm... I wouldn't have through so, but I could be wrong. Did you come down from Conyningham Road and get overtaken by a guy in a red jacket on Wolfe Tone Quay? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

buffalo wrote: »
    hmm... I wouldn't have through so, but I could be wrong. Did you come down from Conyningham Road and get overtaken by a guy in a red jacket on Wolfe Tone Quay? :D

I think that might have been moi, was on the Conyningham Road - was your red jacket a DHB? Bike looked a bit worse for wear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

that was me at a baldoyle heading home. gave a hello back but then proceded to slip as I tried clip back into my pedals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Spotted someone yesterday between ballon and Carlow at about 9.15 wearing the new type jersey.

• Advertisement

Possedion wrote: »
    I think that might have been moi, was on the Conyningham Road - was your red jacket a DHB? Bike looked a bit worse for wear!!

Aye, that was me. That's my baby - down-tube traction gearing, crossbar made of rust - but I can leave her unlocked outside the pub for four hours and she'll be there when I come out. :) And the steel frame is great for hill training!

christeb wrote: »
    someone in the old Boards jersey on George's St towards Dame St. 0750ish. Looked overdressed and (possibly) sweaty

Hah, sounds like me (well, I don't think I was sweaty!).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Aye, that was me. That's my baby - down-tube traction gearing, crossbar made of rust - but I can leave her unlocked outside the pub for four hours and she'll be there when I come out. :) And the steel frame is great for hill training!

I thought first it was maybe a custom Camouflage job!But no it was real deal! Good training bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

fondriest wrote: »
    Spotted someone yesterday between ballon and Carlow at about 9.15 wearing the new type jersey.

That was me......spotted at last :D

First time this year cycling to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Saturday morning approx 10am on the Ballycullen rd heading towards Scholarstown rd in new Boards kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Yesterday 1.40 malahide heading towards portmarnock, new kit

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saturday morning approx 10am on the Ballycullen rd heading towards Scholarstown rd in new Boards kit.
    That would be me...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Around 12 midday on the Tramore road waterford sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hi to the chap on the blue Planet-X + boards jersey that I said "nice jersey" to on the cycle back from the club league race yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

smalltalk wrote: »
    Around 12 midday on the Tramore road waterford sunday.

Woo first sighting! Were you on a bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Saturday late morning at the bottom of Booterstown Avenue, new jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Saturday, at the bottom of Stocking lane, around 1Pm ish maybe earlier. New jersey. I though about chasing, but after Edmonstown rd repeats ... eeer No.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saturday, at the bottom of Stocking lane, around 1Pm ish maybe earlier. New jersey. I though about chasing, but after Edmonstown rd repeats ... eeer No.
    Me again, on the way back. Must have been you that I crossed in front of, barrelling down Edmondstown Rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

seamus wrote: »
    Me again, on the way back. Must have been you that I crossed in front of, barrelling down Edmondstown Rd?
    White specilized helmet and black everything else. I only sawe you turning, I wasnt wearing my contacts so I get to recognize people later than they can recognize me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

StudentC wrote: »
    Saturday late morning at the bottom of Booterstown Avenue, new jersey.

That would have been me on the way back from my spin up stocking lane with Seamus. I was fairly wrecked at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Yesterday 1.40 malahide heading towards portmarnock, new kit

Think twas me - went up around the Naul. Hard work to get there was worth the downhill home with the wind behind me

Spotted full new jersey at the junction of pearse st and macken st at 1730 on weds last (24th) heading towards city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

78kms on Sunday in my new boards jersey and not one boardsie saw me:(
    FML:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Ditto.

Where were you and I'll pretend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

@sheep,yes heading back towards Town about a mile from Tramore.Were you wearing shorts and a short sleeve jersey?I know Boards gear gives you superhuman powers but ye must have been freezing :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Get used to it, I never get spotted. I think I was spotted once in Waterford last year.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

8:05 today, new jersey, corner of East Wall Road and East Road, just by the Seabank Pub. Hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Get used to it, I never get spotted. I think I was spotted once in Waterford last year.

Yes you do. I spotted you on a circuit of Blessington lake 2 weeks ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

This morning, crossing the M50 bridge on the Castleknock Road at 845ish.

Lumen on the quays this morning. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lumen on the quays this morning. :)

I meant to say...good luck with the suffering this weekend!

Advertisement