Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasn't expecting that!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

nesf wrote:
    That's the thing you see, Potts really puts everything into it and he pretty much (at this stage in his career and training) has to in order to strain to hit the notes and maintain them. He uses loads of vibratto which can sound nice, but it's a poor substitute for have a voice trained enough to strongly hold the notes (not just hit them).

I think the problem is that the guy actually has enough talent to be looked at more as a potential opera singer than as just another reality show winner. When he's lined up beside guys who've as much or more natural talent than him and an awful lot more training he looks decidely mediocre.

You've also got to consider that pavorotti has had so much more experience singing live so he would be much more relaxed. To get a fair idea of the comparison you guys are making you'd need to compare Pavorottis first (major) time signing live against Pauls first (major) time signing live. There would less between it then. Pavorotti s skills are endless, Paul is just begining his understanding of his talent, but what he has mastered to date is amazing, best of luck to him he deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Bought his album the weekend, and apart from that cringe worthy Westlife song, you reaise me up, the rest of it is fantastic or as we say round theseparts - bleedin deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

stevejazzx wrote:
    You've also got to consider that pavorotti has had so much more experience singing live so he would be much more relaxed. To get a fair idea of the comparison you guys are making you'd need to compare Pavorottis first (major) time signing live against Pauls first (major) time signing live. There would less between it then. Pavorotti s skills are endless, Paul is just begining his understanding of his talent, but what he has mastered to date is amazing, best of luck to him he deserves it.

Oh, I completely agree. I don't think it's any disservice to Paul Potts to say he doesn't match Pavorotti. It's people claiming that he's a match of Pavorotti that I find annoying. Only with time, training and practice will we know the limits of Paul Potts imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That was excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Awesome stuff!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i also liked this little girl from the same show
    Brought tears to my eyes anyway and teh female judge was crying too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0A8KGMgq8&mode=related&search=

Advertisement