Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008-2009 NHL Season Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thowl

Anyone else excited for the Entry Draft Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Love the draft.

I haven't been able to travel to any of them since I moved overseas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Frank66

Hockey related/kind of

The Wool Shed Aussie bar on the north side is having July 1 Canada Day stuff tomorrow. Canadian DJ and advertised Canadian beer specials, so I might head there some time Wed.
    Anyone know of any other places Canadians gather? I'm not Canadian but you did give Pittsburgh Sid and Lemieux so my friend and I usually throw down a few Molsons, Labatts, whatever is convenient to celebrate the Great White North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

FLAMES Sign Boouwmeister

Our defence is looking good for next season.

Canadian Football League kicks-off tonight. Toronot at Hamilton and then Montreal in calgary. My tickets have been secured.

Blackhawks dump Havlat, Khabibulin, Pahlsson and Walker.

They bring in Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky and John Madden.

We are looking GOOD for next season !! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Will John Tavares be the next Crosby? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

donmeister wrote: »
    No, Toews is. :)

Heatley looked to be heading to Edmonton but that looks pretty dead in the water the last I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thowl

donmeister wrote: »

Next Rick Nash

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    No, Toews is. :)

Heatley looked to be heading to Edmonton but that looks pretty dead in the water the last I heard.

How fast has he fallen in everyone's eyes ??

1) Heatley should have been the #1 overall pick in his draft year (if it weren't for Mike Milbury losing his mind and trading Luongo).

2)He ends up killing his friend (Dan Snyder)in a car accident.

3)Gets a fresh start in Ottawa and then pisses on the the Sentators after getting the extension he wants and asks for a trade.

4) Gets several trade scenarios offers to him and turns them all down.

With his salary cap hit, he is not the easiest player to fit into an established winning team. If I was Murray, I would sit his ass inthe AHL until he learned some respect for the 'game'.

How fast has he fallen in everyone's eyes ??

1) Heatley should have been the #1 overall pick in his draft year (if it weren't for Mike Milbury losing his mind and trading Luongo).

2)He ends up killing his friend (Dan Snyder)in a car accident.

3)Gets a fresh start in Ottawa and then pisses on the the Sentators after getting the extension he wants and asks for a trade.

4) Gets several trade scenarios offers to him and turns them all down.

With his salary cap hit, he is not the easiest player to fit into an established winning team. If I was Murray, I would sit his ass inthe AHL until he learned some respect for the 'game'.

I agree.
    (But on the other hand I'd turn down a trade to Edmonton as well. :D)

• Advertisement

I agree.
    (But on the other hand I'd turn down a trade to Edmonton as well. :D)

Why would anyone turn down the chance to live in Alberta ?? lol

Why would anyone turn down the chance to live in Alberta ?? lol

It's only about the team. My Daughter and fiancee when married in two weeks are moving to Edmonchuck. :)

Nice to see Khabibulib gone, now the Flames may have a shot at beating teh Hawks.

It's only about the team. My Daughter and fiancee when married in two weeks are moving to Edmonchuck. :)

Nice to see Khabibulib gone, now the Flames may have a shot at beating teh Hawks.

Huet is the big question mark for next year,

The kids are another year older and all up for new contracts. They are going to be motivated.

I love the fact that Brent is back home coaching the Flames, but hate the idea that he is coaching in the same conference as the Hawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

anyone knows if you can place somewhere long term bets on nhl???

like who will get the maurice richard this year???
    or conference winners???
    plus who wil get the cup this year???( of course the pens will keep it:D)

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

Have been out of touch with the NHL for a few years now, used to know alot about this during the Lindros, LeClair and Recchi in the Legion of Doom era with the Flyers also kept an eye out for the Avalanche and Canadiens. Whos where these days? Whos top dog? Whos the best players? Im afraid the ones I know like Forsberg, Roy, Lindros, Gretzky, Jagr, Lemieux are all long gone :(

Can we un-sticky this thread......

....and sticky the 2009/2010 thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Capital Idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Done! :)

Advertisement