Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody watch Other voices: Songs from a room

• 02-04-2003 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch it last night. If so, who was the american guy singing. He was great, i must find out who he is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

that was the quite fantastic mr. josh ritter

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The slightly-overrated-but-still-very-good Josh Ritter. :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he was very good. lucky i caught that program because i hardly watch RTÉ unless it's something i plan to watch and i was flicking at the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

exactly how i caught to monk :) Thanks for the name guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

I saw it twice. The first time The Frames were on. Wasn't too bad.

The second time Nina Hynes was on. She was brilliant. You could see she had bucket loads of talent plus the small setting helped to make it very memorable.

Certainly one of the best shows on Irish TV

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Good show except for all of Glen Hansards smug ginger input.

Josh Ritter was decent as was Nina Hynes last week. The reason for having them all play in a Dingle church escapes me but whatever.

Does anyone know who else has/will appear(ed) on the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The series has featured the frames,damien rice,
    nina hynes,interference,damien dempsey, josh ritter,

Some of the acts also on it are mundy,gemma hayes,mark geary,colm querney(i think),paddy casey

for the guy who really liked josh ritter his album the golden age of radio is in tower for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Originally posted by Pigman II
    The reason for having them all play in a Dingle church escapes me but whatever.

because they are pretentious

"it would be sooo deep man"
    "spiritual man"
    "yeah"

errr...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i watched Damien Rice on it a while back , would have watched Josh Ritter if i knew he was going to be on it.

do RTÉ repeat this at any stage and how long has it been on for?

i would check Digiguide but the damn thing needs a new registration code and my credit card has nothing to give me until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its been on for six weeks and is going on for another good few i think about 10. Its moved to wendsday this week at 11something this week it has Jerry Fish(of mudbug and an emotional fish fame) and Cateal Cineach(female singer songwriter)
    P.S I know its spelt wrong

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    Its moved to wendsday this week at 11something this week

just as well. i was watching The Planman on ITV and totally forgot about it

Advertisement