Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wow galway

• 16-02-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is there anyone in Galway playing world of warcraft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Let it die plz god ..WoW is over ! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

WoW is far from over.. This new expansion will draw alot of the old TBC players back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

-Vega- wrote: »
    Let it die plz god ..WoW is over ! :/

7.8 million subscribers, name any game that comes even close to that, so I dont know how you can say it dead lol

Most mmo's would be delighted to get 1 million subs, the so called wow killers like swotor etc have come and gone and its still there.

Ok let me try again. WoW may not be dead, when I played WoW we used to play in a gaming cafe in town. Loads of us, had a great time until we cleared cataclysm. The only guys from that cafe that still play WoW.. are the kind of guys that are so bored and have so little life that they overly flog the dead horse that is WoW over and over. The kind of guys that have way more ingame friends that real friends. The kind of guys that still tell me that its a great game but they dont even believe it themselves, they just have nothing else to do. WoW is their girlfriend for the last 10 years, yeah initially she was really fit and the sex was awesome, but she has gotten fat, ugly and when they do finally get around to having sex..its lackluster as ****. The magic of the game started to die away in Cataclysm, and was dead as a doornail in that walt disney panda add on. Graphically it gives me stage 3 acute ballsack cancer, its years old. The truth is even ..with 7 million players..the world feels deserted. Everyone bombs into the brand new content, all the old areas are practically empty. The wonder and amazement of going exploring at lvl 7 killing humanoids around farms and **** is gone, nothing is left now but the sad lonely grind. Thats what is, thats all thats left. The grind. Never ending, wow can churn out bad graphic, hollow gameplay, dungeon crawling, ****ty smalltime instant action battleground pvp till the cows come home, and people will definitely pay for it. But at some point, you gotta stop and say ''**** it, do i really want to pay for an expansion and 13 quid a month to do this ****, or should i man up and just break up with this bitch''

shockwave wrote: »
    7.8 million subscribers, name any game that comes even close to that, so I dont know how you can say it dead lol

Most mmo's would be delighted to get 1 million subs, the so called wow killers like swotor etc have come and gone and its still there.

Yeah definitely valid point, I remember playing many games as they came out that were dubbed 'WoW Killers'. WoW killed itself though, it should have been working on WoW2 with character transfer or a new engine for WoW1 at least. Its true Conan came out, lord of the rings, star wars..loads of em and all died. But they werent worth paying 13 quid a month for ..and so they went free 2 play.

Thats the worst thing..when WoW players finally do move on when they are 40 .. WoW will lose subscribers and simply go free 2 play and repopulate a very aged game. Some games age like Wine, Wow has aged like milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Salty much ? Did your virtual girlfriend cheat on you with your gm or something ??

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

-Vega- wrote: »
    Thats the worst thing..when WoW players finally do move on when they are 40 .. WoW will lose subscribers and simply go free 2 play and repopulate a very aged game. Some games age like Wine, Wow has aged like milk.

That's very much down to opinion imo.

I took a short break from MOP, came back pretty fresh and enjoying it as much as ever.

Out of interest why do you think WoW has essentially gotten worse?

Personally I hear this "Make WoW 2" argument and I think it's pretty stupid, it makes no sense. I love how WoW has been an ever expanding journey. There is no need for a new World of Warcraft, the setup they have with the expansions is perfect in my eyes, and if they did bring out a new game, I probably wouldn't bother to be fair. I'd be pretty pissed that I'll lose the characters I spent years playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Never taught I would see a reason for wow being "dead" as stupid as that. Maybe some people played for too long too much and got bored. Doesn't mean the rest of us can't keep enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

WoW will never die. It says alot about it that even free-to-play stuff like GW2, SWTOR etc cant drag players away from it. Subscriber base still over 7 million, and thats at a time where there hasnt been any new content for months due to development on the upcoming expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Not sure of anyone in particular from Galway that plays WoW, but I did randomly bump into a Galwegian on the server Ragnaros. Good server that too! Horde btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I stopped playing 3 months in Cata, it just got so terrible and my guild basically died. Everyone lost interest and realms got deserted. Everyone taught it would e great to revamp the old world but when it came down to it my heart broke when it was all replaced with easy quests and overall lack of respect for a long tome hardcore players. I get 7 free days they send me now and then and I never make it past 4 days because I'm max level and fully geared up to heroic raid the last boss of the expansion. Unless they release legacy servers with vanilla then maybe TBC or Waith then they'll never get back all the players they lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im in galway, but not for much longer.

I got bored of the game awhile into ICC, came back from cata, quit then back again for DS. Got mists in nov and have taken another break. It is fine in short bursts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

I'm from near Galway,
    Only got into WOW two years ago, personally think its fantastic but quite addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Surely Addictive should be included in "fantastic"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cata was horrible in every way, MOP is a huge improvement over that, really looking forward to the new expansion, the game is far from dead, if the game was stale, crap and boring it would have nowhere near 8 million active players left right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

People are still addicted Gonzo. And most of those people are just waiting for the next expansion. Log on any server right now. all you'll find is kitted out lvl90's on some mount you've never seen before saying how awesome they are. There are NO new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It sounds like heroin.

Advertisement