Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

29!!! Is that a record?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

dunno can't seem to find a list of highest evers. Brad said it was at the time but that ep may have been a few years old. Actuallly it may have been 28 but still wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

28 or 29 scores for the chaser to catch Fred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/The_Chase has some good stats on records acheived on The Chase, although I'm not sure if its completely up to date (it says the most steps reached by a chaser is 27)

cool, yeah it says :the most steps set was 28 June 17 2010, when beast got 27, that was the one I was watching. it happened again in Mar 2012 and sinna man also got 27

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Watched a great episode on 3e on Sat- first two went for big offer and were caught, next lad got 7K, next lady got 11K. They built up 29 for the final Chase ( mostly down to the lady who was brilliant) and the beast was one short of catching them- riveting stuff

I agree. It was one of the best episodes ever.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Does anyone else have The Chase app? It's alright, but the questions are (at least from what I can see) a lot more difficult.

yes I have it, have only played a few times, my highest was 6 or 7 in the first round, the next was very hard. I never won when choosing the top offer, so tended to stick to the middle and got that, but haven't had success on the final chase....yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Saw the US version tonight. Atrocious. It serves no pupose other that reminding you that Bradley Walsh is a gifted host and TV Americans are made of plastic. Even The Beast looked like he wanted to be in a rainy pub garden somewhere on this side of the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yep, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The US host is a pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

lertsnim wrote: »
    The US host is a pain in the arse

She's very shouty. There was a point the other night where they obviously rerecorded what she said and edited it in and there was a massive difference in her tone of voice.

The contestants in the one I saw were particularly annoying too.

• Bradley Walsh MAKES the Chase, just like Chris Tarrent did with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bradley Walsh MAKES the Chase, just like Chris Tarrent did with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
    I was watching the one with Louis Walsh last night and tbh Bradley was starting to annoy me, he was fake laughing at a funny answer, the question was complete the lyric: "Been through the desert on a horse with no..." and one of the answers was legs. He spent about 3 minutes laughing at it and it was very forced and fake, it seems to be happening a lot now since they saw all the Youtube views that fanny answer from a while back got. They shouldn't try to force this stuff its better when he's been natural.

• Thargor wrote: »
    I was watching the one with Louis Walsh last night and tbh Bradley was starting to annoy me, he was fake laughing at a funny answer, the question was complete the lyric: "Been through the desert on a horse with no..." and one of the answers was legs. He spent about 3 minutes laughing at it and it was very forced and fake, it seems to be happening a lot now since they saw all the Youtube views that fanny answer from a while back got. They shouldn't try to force this stuff its better when he's been natural.

Agree, but he IS very funny and quickwitted. Love when he gets a smile out of Sean!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Saw the US version tonight. Atrocious. It serves no pupose other that reminding you that Bradley Walsh is a gifted host and TV Americans are made of plastic. Even The Beast looked like he wanted to be in a rainy pub garden somewhere on this side of the pond.

I havent seen the US one but I read the Beast saying he prefers the US version as the audience are more invloved and the quality of contestant is better .
    Not sure if he was just saying that as it was in a US interview .
    Bradley Walsh MAKES the Chase, just like Chris Tarrent did with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Speaking of Who Wants to be a Millionaire ,here is the Beast on it back in 2006
    He got a question about his favourite food biscuits .:)

I came across this chase today ,its the best I have ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Greatest quiz on TV in a long long time. Must watch the us version for the craic soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,281 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Bradley is a guest on 'The One Show' tonight...with Richard Osman sitting in for Matt Baker!

Pointless vs. The Chase!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The USA versions host while beautiful is highly annoying and at times unbearably so she needs to switch to decaf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

^^^ Thanks for those linkies. Damn he looked oh so nervous in Who wants to be a Millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Bradley is a guest on 'The One Show' tonight...with Richard Osman sitting in for Matt Baker!

Pointless vs. The Chase!

:D
    Wonder if Richard had seen this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Oh dear, Bradley should have made up some of his own questions to give them a chance ...

"When one footballer kicks the ball to a team-mate, what is this usually described as?"

"Name a route through a mountain range?"

"Achieving the minimum acceptable grade in an exam is described as?" etc etc :)

Fair Play to Anne for getting a few wrong on purpose.

Someone on Digital Spy posted a link to this, a summary of the results of every episode to date

http://the-chase.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chase_Results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I dip in and out and have never seen the Chaser being beaten. The odds do always seem stacked against the contestants.

Advertisement