Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Coast 32 is opening on the Port Road opposite the Courthouse on Thursday. Its a natural frozen yoghurt health bar

https://www.facebook.com/Coast32-145499055811046/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Saw sign for "Coast 32" today when I was passing that way, didn't have a chance to read it properly and honestly thought it was a tanning salon lol

Saw sign for "Coast 32" today when I was passing that way, didn't have a chance to read it properly and honestly thought it was a tanning salon lol

Ha, far from it. All healthy products and gluten free. Pasta, frozen yoghurt and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Maldesu wrote: »
    Think this is owned by the same people that have Bread and Butter. They are supposed to do tapas at this location, so I guess we'll see. My only request is that they post the lunch specials online before the lunch period, not hours afterwards when its not use to me.

Speaking of supermarkets, there is a new one open in Joe Bidd's place, called Jamie's supermarket who also deliver (according to signage). Not been in yet though

Had a quick look around Jamie's and seems to be a reasonable selection of goods for the size of the place, prices looked okay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Heard a few rumours last week, don't know how much truth is in them though.

First one is that when the courthouse moves to it's New location, Wetherspoons will be taking up residence in the old building.

The second is a new niteclub in what used to be Milan, apparently it will be called The Warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Don't know about the courthouse but there was some noise about it becoming a bar alright.

As for Milan, there has been a load of working going on inside it the last while, so there could be some truth in it. Had to stop to let a mini dumper take a load out of the doors of what was going into McCarry's bar. Heard jack hammers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

According to staff in gallaghers hotel the old mccarrys bar is being extended into milan and becoming a "mcGettigans" bar they are also extending the 1st floor of the hotel into part of milan to extend the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Did anyone hear of a new bar opening in Letterkenny this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

henke wrote: »

Might be the place at the bottom of Church Lane, Berry Layne.

Doubt its them. I work near there and there has been no movement other than gutting it a bit. And Gallaghers is far from ready. Still have the dumper truck throwing stuff out.

• Advertisement

Maybe not. A friend mentioned he heard it although may be wrong just thought I'd check here.

The old Central niteclub, No58 now, is having its opening party on Saturday night. Maybe thats what you heard about?

This is going to be a cafe/wine bar I heard. Its the same crowd that own Bread and Butter down in the retail park.

The old Central niteclub, No58 now, is having its opening party on Saturday night. Maybe thats what you heard about?

Could be possibly I must check again

cosanostra wrote:
    According to staff in gallaghers hotel the old mccarrys bar is being extended into milan and becoming a "mcGettigans" bar they are also extending the 1st floor of the hotel into part of milan to extend the hotel

I wonder has anyone heard any more on this? I'd like to see another live music venue on the Main Street to rival Voodoo lounge. They annoy me selling their hangover causing Huzzar vodka at Smirnoff prices just because they can.

I wonder has anyone heard any more on this? I'd like to see another live music venue on the Main Street to rival Voodoo lounge. They annoy me selling their hangover causing Huzzar vodka at Smirnoff prices just because they can.

They are still working on it. Was walking past this morning and could hear an angle grinder inside.

On a different note, I'm sure many of you have seen that Berry Layne (in Patrick Gildea's old unit for those who don't know it) has opened. Seems to be doing well so far. Plenty of people heading in and out.

Was meant to open on 1st June but that isn't going to happen. Delays cause of planning permission and objections. The front face needs to be replaced and scaffolding erected etc.

On another note, I prefer Huzzar as Smirnoff gives me the hangover :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most places sell a generic vodka if you just say 'vodka' - my local uses Huzzar for students and no regulars, Smirnoff for regulars. Smirnoff is the same price is you ask - Absolut and Finlandia dearer.

L1011 wrote: »
    Most places sell a generic vodka if you just say 'vodka' - my local uses Huzzar for students and no regulars, Smirnoff for regulars. Smirnoff is the same price is you ask - Absolut and Finlandia dearer.
    Ah you can ask and they do have it under the counter its just that its Huzzar on optic on a lot of the staff don't know they have it and its a hassle asking for it but I still do sometimes. I'd prefer good going bars to get rid of Huzzar.

Anyway looking forward to see what this new place will be like. Is it definitely going to a McGettigans with food and all? I'd imagine it will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

There's a new cafe opened in Killybegs called Ahoy. Was in last week and the food is excellent. It's a small place though, you wouldn't want to be going in with a group at peak times.

There's a new children's clothes boutique opened in Donegal town called Bow and Arrow. I haven't been in so I've no idea about prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Has anyone heard that The Limelight Glenties is reopening?

• Advertisement

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that The Limelight Glenties is reopening?

It is. It was bought about two years ago. There's a Facebook page but no opening details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Donegal Town.

Tots and Tassles. Where Classic Casuals once was. Appears to be a mother and baby shop.

Stella. At quick glance where the music shop was, beside master clean. Still being fitted out so no idea what they're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Stella. Is that not Stella Mcgroarty prob women's clothes.

Also another toddlers clothes shop on main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Warehouse Bar& Kitchen on the site of McCarrys and Milan opens this Wednesday. Its quite nice inside.

Should do well for the foreseeable, though Letterkenny doesn't draw in the crowds like it used to

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Stella. Is that not Stella Mcgroarty prob women's clothes.

Also another toddlers clothes shop on main street.
    Yeah, tis her alright. And I'm told it will be a women's clothes shop, I think she had one before too, I think where Apache Pizza is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, tis her alright. And I'm told it will be a women's clothes shop, I think she had one before too, I think where Apache Pizza is now?

She did indeed crazy prices according to the OH

Warehouse Bar& Kitchen on the site of McCarrys and Milan opens this Wednesday. Its quite nice inside.

Should do well for the foreseeable, though Letterkenny doesn't draw in the crowds like it used to

Was in today for some grub. They are still doing work in the place but got a decent look about.

Bit of tex-mex but it is well done, burgers and the usual pulled pork. Only had the soft opening menu available but said they would have the full menu in a few weeks. Nice place, good light which surprised me and plenty of space. Upstairs has a smoking area/balcony too though it is a smaller area.

They've done a nice job on it and it was plenty busy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I see there's a new hairdressers on Main Street, Donegal Town where o2/Vintage Antiques used to be.

There must be big demand on hair-care in the town, as there's a fair number of hairdressers in the town now.

byte wrote: »
    I see there's a new hairdressers on Main Street, Donegal Town where o2/Vintage Antiques used to be.

There must be big demand on hair-care in the town, as there's a fair number of hairdressers in the town now.

People will always need their hair done!

New café opening in the town also were the Spawell was, in the Drumrooske Business Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

People will always need their hair done!
    Final answer? ;)

I04q4jx.jpg

Advertisement