Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sucks to be a Euro PS3 user this week

• 26-06-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭

So, Mass Effect Extended Cut, Dawnguard and The Walking Dead Episode 2 all released this week. Good news huh? Not if you got a sh*tty PS3 in Europe! MS paid for timed exclusivity for dawnguard, fair enough but still well annoying, especially for such a popular title. On Par with getting the rights to GTA 4 DLC as well.

Then Mass Effect Extended Cut is out today for every platform and region except for Sony Europe which was delayed by a week,

And now The Walking Dead Episode 2 which was already delayed a month is out this week for all platforms and regions again except for Sony Europe who don't even have a release date.

Seriously thinking about moving to the dark side (xbox) if Sony Europe can't pull their finger out.

Anyone know why Euro PS3 users get sh*t on when it comes to DLC?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SCEE have always been ****, why would they suddenly change now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats true, we always get dlc last and it's always more expensive than scea but this week is particularly bad. Wish I could get an answer why they are so **** tho. Like is the dlc approver guy off sick this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Willl the ME3 DLC work if you download it from the US PSN Store?

Clover on the mass effect thread is gonna try the us version. If that doesnt work, im just gonna watch the vids on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Clover on the mass effect thread is gonna try the us version. If that doesnt work, im just gonna watch the vids on youtube.

Downloading it now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

oh god we got a fan boy here,

ps3 go make a new account different region
    dl what ever it is you want downloaded
    return to other account
    wallaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

saiint wrote: »
    oh god we got a fan boy here,

ps3 go make a new account different region
    dl what ever it is you want downloaded
    return to other account
    wallaaaaaaa

This doesn't always work. If I remember correctly it didn't work when you bought Wipeout HD from the Euro store and Wipeout Fury from the US store.

well it works for me , hasnt let me dwn yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Worst of all?

There's another ****ing system update.

Microsoft can do it in ten seconds. Why can't Sony?

Fanboy..... Yeaaaaaaahhh

Have to say that latest update actually came in handy with being able to delete a batch of save files at once. Had about a hundred ufc 3 files.

• Advertisement

Fanboy..... Yeaaaaaaahhh

Have to say that latest update actually came in handy with being able to delete a batch of save files at once. Had about a hundred ufc 3 files.

also the reason ps3 users get "shat on" is because microsoft pay money for exclusive dlc dates which are normaly a month in advanced

they think its a good market strategy but i dont think it is either way your gonna end up getting the dlc

No, ms paying for exclusives has nothing to do with the differences betweem scea and scee.

Its sucks that ms can throw more money at devs but thats just business.

No, ms paying for exclusives has nothing to do with the differences betweem scea and scee.

sadly money makes the world go around
    not happiness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well thats the trade-off for paying for Xbox Gold vs Free PSN, Microsoft have more revenue to pay for exclusivity. And wouldnt put it past them to use some to get good servers for downloading stuff, the PSN can really lag at times.

As for the piss-poor service SCEE provides, well thats the problem with being the third tier in Sony's eye (after Japan and USA), plus the many licensing issues with all the different European states. But hey, better than a decade ago when PAL version usually arrived over half a year after the NTSC did, its just the internet lets us know how bent over the table we are nowadays :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    better than a decade ago when PAL version usually arrived over half a year after the NTSC did, its just the internet lets us know how bent over the table we are nowadays :pac:

Correction, a year and a half late, with borders that screw the aspect ratio and slowed down 16.7%. **** SCEE since they are still releasing these screwed up PAL PS1 games on PSN instead of the NTSC ones.

Yeah, doesn't look like the service is gonna change anytime soon does it? I guess it would be much worse if I was actually paying to use the PSN.

Now it looks like Journey Complete Edition isn't being released in Europe, thats a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, doesn't look like the service is gonna change anytime soon does it? I guess it would be much worse if I was actually paying to use the PSN.

Now it looks like Journey Complete Edition isn't being released in Europe, thats a bit weird.

Again, that's meant to be due to the different countries covered by SCEE and the fact the localisation would cost too much. But personally I don't understand since they're just putting 3 games that are already released here on to 1 disc. The only localisation would be for game selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Correction, a year and a half late, with borders that screw the aspect ratio and slowed down 16.7%. **** SCEE since they are still releasing these screwed up PAL PS1 games on PSN instead of the NTSC ones.

Oops, my bad, forgot about the crapped down versions too. Also loving how America is sh**ting itself when games come out a week or so later there after we get them nowadays :rolleyes:

And Sony have started bringing out PS2 games on PSN too: do we get games like Odin Sphere, Grimgrimoire and God Hand like the US, or games like Dragon Quest 8, FFXII or other quality titles?????? NOOOOO, heres Midas Interactives entire back catalogue of €5 budget games :mad:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Again, that's meant to be due to the different countries covered by SCEE and the fact the localisation would cost too much. But personally I don't understand since they're just putting 3 games that are already released here on to 1 disc. The only localisation would be for game selection.

Its not the games, its the making of videos, optional creator commentary playing through the games and stuff like that which means its not getting released. But US games work over here so no problem to import it, not like theres any DLC your gonna miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just watch the Mass Effect 3 endings on YouTube. I'm still happy with my original choice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

So, Mass Effect Extended Cut, Dawnguard and The Walking Dead Episode 2 all released this week. Good news huh? Not if you got a sh*tty PS3 in Europe! MS paid for timed exclusivity for dawnguard, fair enough but still well annoying, especially for such a popular title. On Par with getting the rights to GTA 4 DLC as well.

Then Mass Effect Extended Cut is out today for every platform and region except for Sony Europe which was delayed by a week,

And now The Walking Dead Episode 2 which was already delayed a month is out this week for all platforms and regions again except for Sony Europe who don't even have a release date.

Seriously thinking about moving to the dark side (xbox) if Sony Europe can't pull their finger out.

Anyone know why Euro PS3 users get sh*t on when it comes to DLC?

Lately, MS use their money to get timed dlc. With Sony you get a lot more investment in first party titles. Which do you prefer?
    USA is one country, different kettle of fish releasing something in Europe, so many countries, so many languages etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The only thing that bothers me nowadays is platform exclusives which never get ported. Or developers just not opting to make a PC version. I so want Read Dead on PC. But as for waiting a month or 2 for an xbox deal to run out before I can play a game or DLC, fine by me. I have too much stuff to get through anyway. I don't need everything now, this minute.

Advertisement