Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you welcome global peace if it meant no more toys

• 01-07-2008 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Imagine it, total world peace for the first time in human history, would you welcome it if it meant an end to all weapons of war, no more rifles, machine guns, artillery pieces, tanks , armoured cars, fighters , bombers, battleships, gun ships, subs etc etc you get the picture, basically all war toys are gone forever, nothing left to salivate and woo over , would the price be too high ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I wouldn't accept it.

For the simple fact, it'd put me out of a job :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nope, a lot of innovation comes through weapons development.

And then when the aliens come we'd have nothing to fight them with, we'd all be pansies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

thats a definite yes for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭twinytwo

what kind of dumb ass thread is this..anyone who wouldnt want world peace needs their head examined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd say a lot of people would tolerate a few skirmishes in far off places in return for the continued existence of war toys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

twinytwo wrote: »
    what kind of dumb ass thread is this..anyone who wouldnt want world peace needs their head examined

Hey twinytwo, can you recommend me a good shrink?

Advertisement