Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Escapist : Zero Punctuation Game Reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DMC4 review is a great take on the franchise (which I usually enjoy, but have only played up to the first boss of 4).

However, I disapprove of his sly jab at the Amber Spyglass in the latter part of the review. Heathen child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

y dont companies hire people like him to design games ?

they have to be doin something right if they r worth billions and keep getting bigger and bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

bungler wrote: »

they have to be doin something right if they r worth billions and keep getting bigger and bigger

Cause he's probably like me, great at criticising but don't look at me for ideas to fix it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

lol its a pity cause if critics could design games surely they wud be out of this world maybe one of them already has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

maybe one of them already has

Maybe, just maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil May Cry 2 was the first and only project of a former games critic. It was utter ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

heay guys, im havin trouble watchin these vids on my browser (the Latest IE, dont wanna instal anythin else). im jus gettin a greyed out box where the video should be with a little red "x" in the corner. can anyone tell me the add-on or active-x control i need plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

kaimera wrote: »
    Flash

sorry, my bad. I was meaning to say that I have tried almost every flash player I could get my hands on. None of which have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

A little bit off topic now at this stage but try Firefox or Opera web browsers. They might view them properly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Burnout Paradise

I must say, the man's reimagining of Paradise city as a demented post-apocalyptic wasteland is the most inspired analysis of a game I have read in quite some time. Bravo.

I liked the rant about the sideways hat wearing crowd :)

Good rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

Sticky this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

TBH I'd prefer if it wasn't stickied, I never look up there. When its bumped once a week with updates I never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Excellent review again, but with this one I'm actually a little unclear as to whether he liked the game or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

I got the impression that he liked burnout.

lol, post-apocalyptic world...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Turok this week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Brilliant! Loved the references to Alien. Quality review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Whoot!

Ron Pearlman reference ftw!

I feel all warm inside now.

heh.

kudos for the Ron Pearlman reference :D

So turok then. lawl!

• Advertisement

The Jurassic Park theme at the start made it for me. Oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That was quite, quite beautiful.

*happy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

was that Tim buckley he was pegging a dart at in the review?

either way, nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I thought it was the worst review he had done in a long time, by a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely one of his better ones:p
    Shame about the intrusive Lynx ads though..

mcgovern wrote: »
    I thought it was the worst review he had done in a long time, by a long way.

Really? I thought this was one of the best ones, full to the brim with truthiness.
    Was it just because you have a soft spot for console FPS's and he took a great big dump on them, or something else?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I thought it was da bomb, and also possibly da fuse, and perhaps even a little cigarette lighter to set it off.

I liked it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Me too, especially since I'm one of those people who turns into a retard when trying to play a first person shooter with a console pad. Mouse and keyboard plzthx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Really? I thought this was one of the best ones, full to the brim with truthiness.
    Was it just because you have a soft spot for console FPS's and he took a great big dump on them, or something else?

No, it doesn't bother me if he gives a bad game a bad review (which based on the demo, Turok is) or slates console games (which he regularly does) once its funny, but there were no lol moments in it for me or even anything mildly funny.

Thought last weeks was much better.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    No, it doesn't bother me if he gives a bad game a bad review (which based on the demo, Turok is) or slates console games (which he regularly does) once its funny, but there were no lol moments in it for me or even anything mildly funny.

Thought last weeks was much better.

fair enough, i thought it was bloody funny, but it's all subjective i guess.

Especially if you're dead inside ;)

Advertisement