Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Had some time to spare this morning so created a small tour of locally owned shops in the Letterkenny town centre. I can add more if there any particular favourites.

http://bit.ly/K9Cj4Y

Best viewed on a smartphone or tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I heard CEX is opening in Letterkenny, looked online and turns out it opened today in the shopping centre. Should give XtraVision competition

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ashtree garden centre donegal town reopened easter monday , not much in there but hopefully they can keep going

Not closed, but moving, Xtravision moving from the Tesco Shopping Centre to opposite McDonalds. Guessing Toymaster's old place

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not closed, but moving, Xtravision moving from the Tesco Shopping Centre to opposite McDonalds. Guessing Toymaster's old place

Jeez if they take the whole place it'll be huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Heard that Gary's Pet World was moving over there too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No harm to have a few units used over there. Is Atlantic Homecare space still vacant?

Maybe the rent is a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

byte wrote: »
    No harm to have a few units used over there. Is Atlantic Homecare space still vacant?

Maybe the rent is a bit cheaper.

At this point I think only Lidl and Harry Corry are over there.

The discount store gone as well?

Shines new fish shop on upper main street donegal town !
    10403631_665081476897540_4571588111951754455_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭donegal_man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The discount store gone as well?

Gone for a while, shame I really liked that store and the staff were lovely. Can't see why Xtravision are moving down there unless they're getting pretty much free rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

I see Peacocks going to open on Main St, Lkenny, where Awear used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I see Peacocks going to open on Main St, Lkenny, where Awear used to be.
    I saw the name above the door yesterday while passing. It a woman's clothes shop?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I saw the name above the door yesterday while passing. It a woman's clothes shop?

Its very like Dunnes clothes section from experience of their branches in the UK. Womens mens and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 JohnGrace2007

Great to see something that i posted about a number of weeks ago and was nearly banned because of coming true

The Xtravision outlet which is located at the Letterkenny Shopping Centre is due to move to the Letterkenny Retail Park on July 9.

cording to a spokesperson for the company, Sarah Gallagher, the official opening of the newly relocated store may offer customers a few surprises.

“The official opening will take place on July 12. The move will take place on July 9. There may be great deals on the day. The new store will cover over 6,000 square feet, I think that is one of the reasons for the move,” she said.

It is understood that there will be no loss of staff incurred during the move.

The outlet has proved exceptionally popular among many Letterkenny families and many people travel from further afield to the unit to rent and purchase items.

Sources are availalble to back this Statement up however as a new Poster i am unable to post them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Had reason to be in Letterkenny earlier and saw what looks like a new mobile phone shop beside the Pulse night-club

byte

New pizzaria opening in Donegal town, beside Chandpur (where Eurosaver used to be, in the corner).

Don't remember the name of it, but it'll do deliveries, etc. Hope it does well, as it's the first dedicated pizzaria in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

byte wrote: »
    New pizzaria opening in Donegal town, beside Chandpur (where Eurosaver used to be, in the corner).

Don't remember the name of it, but it'll do deliveries, etc. Hope it does well, as it's the first dedicated pizzaria in town.

Is that in Pauls Carpark?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is that in Pauls Carpark?

yep next to the toilets ! caspian pizza

• Advertisement
    byte

Caspian Pizza, that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

yep next to the toilets ! caspian pizza

You make it sound so appealing:)

Iwernia wrote: »
    You make it sound so appealing:)

i do my best :D

Open 5pm tonight

byte

I can only guess that TastyBites in Ballybofey have something to do with it, as there was a TastyBites van parked outside it one night, when they were doing work inside.

Anyway, whoever has it, kudos and I hope it does well for them. Glad to have a dedicated pizzaria in town at last. Don't like standing in the Harbour or La Bella Donna waiting on a pizza when people are in dining, feels awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

'Michael Murphy Sports and Leisure' being opened tomorrow at the Station Roundabout by some young local lad who it seems is pretty handy at the oul sporty kinda stuff.

Been a while since in Donegal Town during the day, noticed one or two new shops, the building between Wards and The Bookies sold and being refitted. But really must ask, what the hell is that going up in Pauls Car Park? Look like a monster of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

credit union has been doing phenomenally well, needs a new building.
    3ds on the architects website

overshoot wrote: »
    credit union has been doing phenomenally well, needs a new building.
    3ds on the architects website

That's some structure for Donegal Town. Assume that means the development that was planned is dead and burried. Hopefully a few more smaller developments will go up, now that the ground is cleared, and the CU are already building.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

yea will add more footfall to the area... and parking for the Credit Union!
    ah sure it was already plan B with aldi. im sure theyre still chasing pennys or someone to anchor before going at the rest

• Advertisement
    byte

Shines new fish shop on upper main street donegal town !
    10403631_665081476897540_4571588111951754455_n.jpg
    Since changed to Simply Seafood. Don't think Shine's are involved anymore.

Also there seems to be a new take-away opening at "Number 11" on Main St. Not sure the town can sustain another take-away but we'll see. Was told it'd be an Indian take-away, but not sure.

Also new hairdresser, Rosano's, on the Diamond which was once where O'C Bookmakers was.

Advertisement