Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android 2.2 phone crashing!

Options
  • 23-11-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone give some advice on fixing my android mobile!

Last night I was clearing some unwanted applications that I downloaded. This morning when I turned on the phone it started displaying error messages like "Process not found com.android.mms etc.

I'm surprised that I could get in and remove system files! Anyway I'm hoping there's an easy fix for this.

If anyone can give some advice, it would be great! I'm hoping that I can at least save my data! Even if the LG software on the laptop is not recognising the handset anymore!

Cheers!
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sonic.boom

decbrad wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone give some advice on fixing my android mobile!

Last night I was clearing some unwanted applications that I downloaded. This morning when I turned on the phone it started displaying error messages like "Process not found com.android.mms etc.

I'm surprised that I could get in and remove system files! Anyway I'm hoping there's an easy fix for this.

If anyone can give some advice, it would be great! I'm hoping that I can at least save my data! Even if the LG software on the laptop is not recognising the handset anymore!

Cheers!
    Dec

Simple solution. . Format sd card. Restore to defaults. Erase everything.

Phone will be 10x faster. Fresh and clean

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As above, do a factory reset and it will sort it. An application you were using must have been messing with SMS, the SMS API's are undocumented on Android and shouldn't be used so applications that do try to use them usually end up causing issues on some devices.

Advertisement