Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike coming to XBLA/PSN

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you don't need high dpi? Plenty of people play with low dpi and low sensitivity.
    What they need is the accuracy of having a mouse in the first place.

Yes I know you dont NEED high DPI,

But for example a standard mouse has a higher threshold then the analog sticks on a controller.

There is only one driver set for this within consoles and its set for the analog sticks for the y and x axis for the controllers.

There was a pretty lengthy debate and discussion on a number of forums when I think it was command and conquer dropped for the Playstation. And there was also comparable tests done with Shadowrun on the 360 where it was again showed the differences.

And it was also something that was evident whilst working for xbox. Its not a MAJOR deal considering most Counter Strike players will play with low sensitivity which is actually on par or below the highest sensitivity for the console controllers, but its still one of the main points why there isn't cross platform imo.

Might have changed in the last twelve months, but doubt it.

The main stumbling block, and what always will be is the restrictions of the protocols used and actual hosting.
    You'd need a neutral protocol and platform to allow all three user types to connect and play, connecting through essentially three different clients.
    And have to cater for all the problems and risks associated with each.
    Not to mention most Xbox and PS3 games do not use dedicated hosting, but on the fly player hosts, it simply is just too much effort.

After watching some vods of the ESL cup yesterday, and planning on whatching the finals this evening, my expectations have seriously dropped.

It visually, has completely lost the feel of counter strike. The models looks skinny and awkward, recoil looks funky and the new aiming retical looks disgusting. The maps are bloated and the PC version very much looks more of a console port then vice versa, and thats the problem with PC games porting to consoles. The developers end up having to make so much adjustments to the UI and gameplay that is gets seriously watered down.

I got back into 1.6 recently and really loving it, such a timeless classic, but this was supposed to bridge the gap between the split CS1.6 and CSS teams, with even alot of prominant leagues dropping 1.6 in expectations that everyone will jump to CSGO, and I have to say the initial outlook isnt that promising.

I look forward to the feedback post ESL, with over 2000 teams competiting and alot of 1.6 veterans forming prominent mix teams to compete, I'd say somewhere like Reddit might have a few interesting posts.

Advertisement