Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 medic999

To anyone starting in the april 10th class, has anyone been asked to supply more referee's than the original 3 that were required on the application form?
    Just putting the question out?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

yip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Ya, i've given 4 plus other details of past employers. they said that their aim was 4-6 references for everyone...... :eek:

Ya, ok so, was only thinking was it just me as i had to give 2 more along with the 3 i had originally given,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

Hi folks
    just a question,does any one know of any dates for the next paramedic recruitment campaign?will there be one this year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Dan577 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    just a question,does any one know of any dates for the next paramedic recruitment campaign?will there be one this year??

That information is never disclosed until a few days prior to advertising the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dan577

Cheers bang bang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Hi guys does anyone know if qualified paramedics that were being looked for after xmas. have been issued contracts.

Just wondering did anyone in class 14 paramedics hear anything about contracts yet? Are they being sent out this week?

No idea, but i was beginning to wonder the same thing! I heard they would be with us before the end of march, so i expect they will go out this week or early next week.

• Advertisement

Contracts in the Post today.

FYI

Good man Stevie, did ya ring them? Always can rely on you for the info,;)

they just sent me an email confirming my address, and mentioned it.

all that has to be done now is the pre learning! :eek:

Well class 14, are ye all set for tuesday week?? all the prelearning done and stuff, looking forward to it now, see ye all soon:)

Pre learning still to do!

I've started it, but got distracted! :(

looking forward to starting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So where's this taking place? Dublin or Ballinasloe?

I think a few of us are in the same boat Stevie, its hard to get into the study so dont be disheartened, we will have no choice in 2 weeks time only to get stuck in, I have been looking back over the emt notes thats all, see ya soon

flazio wrote: »
    So where's this taking place? Dublin or Ballinasloe?
    Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xALFAx

Get your heads into anatomy and physiology if you can and concentrate on cardiovascular and respiratory. And dont forget to look at even the basics of cell and tissue structure.

Everything will make more sense once you're in the structured environment.

Best of luck to you all starting. It's tough but well worth it :)

xALFAx wrote: »
    Get your heads into anatomy and physiology if you can and concentrate on cardiovascular and respiratory. And dont forget to look at even the basics of cell and tissue structure.

Everything will make more sense once you're in the structured environment.

Best of luck to you all starting. It's tough but well worth it :)

Cheers xAlfax, looking forward to starting now and getting stuck in, everyone i spoke to has said it is quite tough and alot of hours of study have to be put in, a hard 10 weeks ahead so me reckons, Thanks for the info,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

medic999 wrote: »
    Cheers xAlfax, looking forward to starting now and getting stuck in, everyone i spoke to has said it is quite tough and alot of hours of study have to be put in, a hard 10 weeks ahead so me reckons, Thanks for the info,

Best of luck to all you guys starting next tuesday PARA14 :)...........it'll be tough but so so worth it, heads down for 10 weeks & ye'll be fine....ive been there... enjoy....

Best of luck to those starting tomorrow.

Was just talkin to a lad there. He's just been called for interviews with the aim to form a new para class. Apparently he did the aptitude test back in 2010 and its only now that there doing the interviews for the lads that got very low down on the aptitude test

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Was talking to a lad who got placed in or about the 220's and he's been called for interview.

Hope they (NAS) start a new recruitment campaing for trainees soon.

Louth EMT wrote: »
    Was talking to a lad who got placed in or about the 220's and he's been called for interview.

Hope they (NAS) start a new recruitment campaing for trainees soon.

Don't think there's much chance of that esp when there calling lads that are placed around 220. They'll nearly have another four classes out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

when is his interview?

when is his interview?

Forms have to be in by 26 of this month I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Looks like those big double stretcher vehicles aren't going to be the only PTS vehicles. I've seen a few standard size Sprinters (and by standard I mean Merc factory shape, not ambulance box) with Patient Transport written on them. Light blue epaulettes denounce trainees right?

flazio wrote: »
    Looks like those big double stretcher vehicles aren't going to be the only PTS vehicles. I've seen a few standard size Sprinters (and by standard I mean Merc factory shape, not ambulance box) with Patient Transport written on them. Light blue epaulettes denounce trainees right?

Ya its for the student paras to say their on placements.

Those mercs have been around for a bit I think limerick has a shot of them and if I remembe correctly I think I've seen a few blue tips driving them. Open to correction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Yes Limerick has 3 of the standard PTS buses. Student Paramedics do not drive these or crew these. Separate grade of staff with different uniform employed for this.

Advertisement