Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just had a baby!!

Options
  • 11-12-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Just wanted to share my story. Last tuesday in the middle of the school run I got a few pains. This was my due date and I was hoping I wouldn't be waiting around much longer. Was driving the car and my dad was giving me a hand but I was afraid to say I had had a few contractions in case he had a heart attack!!

Anyway got home bout 3 and my oh just got in from work and I told him how I was feeling but didn't think this was it cos they were very random and very mild. Had a very quick labour on the last though so didnt' want to take any chances so decided we would get the other kids organised and go in to the hospital. Worst that can happen is they send us home.

Started heading to Holles st bout half four and pains were bout 8 mins apart but very mild and oh was starving as he didn't have dinner and bit hungry myself so we said we would go to Mcdonalds and get take away and eat it outside holles st and wait for pains to get worse. Had just had a pain and one came very quickly after just as we were coming to Mcdonalds in Blackrock so oh decided better keep going! Pain went as soon as we past the exit and we were going mad...thought this child is taking the mick!! Got as far as Ballsbridge and all of a sudden my waters went and pains came rapidly. Told hubby to put the foot down baby was coming. Few mins later parked outside hosp ran in and was told to go to addmissions. Started running up the stairs couldn't wait for the lift and half way up could feel baby coming! Midwife ran down the stairs and helped me up. went straight to delivery room and 3 mins later she was in my arms!! Best thing was this is no. 4 and we were told this would be our 4th boy... and we got a lovely little girl! Over the moon!

Thanks for reading....bit of a long story!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You had me in stitchs laughing at stopping off at McDonalds:)

Congrats to you and your husband:)
    Your little girl is going to be so well looked after with 3 big brothers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Huge congratulations :D

What have you called the little lady?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Decided to call her Rachel. Just can't believe its a girl! I had all blue stuff in the bag for her and oh ran down to the shop and spent ridiculous money on a pink blanket and babygro cos he didn't want her in blue! Was mad really cos I honestly thought we would be waiting for hours in the hosp so thought no harm having a mcdonalds before we went in. So lucky we got in when we did or would have had her in the car.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is so cute:)
    If my baby is a boy the poor thing will have a lot of pink to wear;)
    What a lovely name;)

Rach

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congrats! :D

Great story too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats :D

Read the thread out to my oh; the mcdonalds part sounds like something we'd do. Lesson learned, we're going to have food on standby at home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Wow amazing :D

Congrats to all 6 of you :D

I'm due today :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Congrats OP :) Any day now xzanti, all the best! :D

(What am I doing in this forum? Just saw this thread randomly on the homepage :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Big congrats to all of you!! And good luck with yours xzanti, hopefully you will have a story to tell us soon too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is so cute:)
    If my baby is a boy the poor thing will have a lot of pink to wear;)
    What a lovely name;)

Rach

Is that a nod that you're having another little girl :eek::D
    xzanti wrote: »
    Wow amazing :D

Congrats to all 6 of you :D

I'm due today :eek:

Hopefully you'll have your baby beside you soon!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulation foxy06. What a tale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

haahaa best birthing story EVER! :D

Congratulations to you both on the arrival of your daughter xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Great story :D

Congratulations

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

That is lovely - had me in tears - congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Congrats great news, and you got a little girl at last.

Why cant 1st borns be as easy as the 3rd and 4th?

Advertisement