Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So far I've done a coral and a dark purpley/wine, almost black.

Might try a red next week!

Also (the shame - shows how long since I last wore some :o) I notice the brushes have got thicker and have a shaped tip.

Really help to apply very well once you get used to the different shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Moved from tLL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bought my first magnetic polish today - Barry M Magnetic Green Sparkle (photo from imagationcolour.co.uk)

Barry-M-Cosmic-Glow-Magnetic-Green-Sparkle-nail-paint-polish-chevron-pattern-magnet-khaki-multicoloured-holographic-micro-glitter-dark-metallic-shimmer-planet-nails-nail-art-UK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I am considering giving up painting my nails after today.

I've painted them...ooooh about six times and each time something always goes wrong, smudge, bubbles, etc. I painted them there now and they are streaky, bubbled and smudged. Grrr.

Not a good nail-painting day for me, at all. :mad:

We all have bad days ... keep the faith! You'll get your polish mojo back soon :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hey amdublin, check out the nail polish thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056292332

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Goin to keep nails dark and moody for the month that's in it. :D

phototwp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Topshop (Louise Grey)(Green)(like 4 coats)

A4o3fhwCEAA_aqq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

O.P.I Do You Think I'm Tex-y

223577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Here's my first magnetic polish applied - Barry M in Green Sparkle. It needed some thick layers to get the best magnetic effect, plus a good topcoat to smooth it out.

8067481076_f6072ddd27_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I shall wash my hair in the morn then re-paint my nails. I really need a good solid topcoat that hleps with the chipping. Every time I wash my hair (or my person!) I come away missing bits of polish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

hdowney wrote: »
    I shall wash my hair in the morn then re-paint my nails. I really need a good solid topcoat that hleps with the chipping. Every time I wash my hair (or my person!) I come away missing bits of polish
    sally hansen insta is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Essence Grumpy swatch :) Love this polish! I think Nails inc Baker street might be fairly similar? I have no idea. Great polish though. very rich and eye-catching Essence+grumpy+nail+polish+swatch.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ladypip wrote: »
    sally hansen insta is pretty good

Sound cheers. I was in EVERY chemist in my town today trying to source my make-up and brushes for halloween and copped a couple them had some sally hansen so yay will look for that.

Also jelly mega of the above - still no Grumpy here :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks Twee!

Mod - you can merge with the other thread if you want??

Sorry I can't post pic :(
    Today I bought two rimmels - green and winey red
    Camouflage Chic and Celebrity Bash

Great names!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

amdublin wrote: »
    Thanks Twee!

Mod - you can merge with the other thread if you want??

Sorry I can't post pic :(
    Today I bought two rimmels - green and winey red
    Camouflage Chic and Celebrity Bash

Great names!

I find essence nail polish great, last ages without chipping and a steal at less than 2 euro

Thanks Countdown I will try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

What colours are 'in' this season?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

korres-midnight-blue-and-essence-circus-confetti-1024x768.jpg

Korres base colour and Essence topcoat, lovely combo together!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

These are my nails before I put polish on. People seem to like them but I find them boring!

224161.jpg

I'm going on a hen this weekend and there's a neon and 80's theme going on so I've done mine and mother in laws nails in some uv colours.
    Pinks is Dare To Wear Rain Lilli, Green is Dare To Wear Anonymity and the Yellow is Dare To Wear Happy Hour.

224162.jpg

224163.jpg

These are way nicer in real life, I hate how some colours just don' photograph well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Yay, found a bottle of max factor fantasy fire! Last one in the stand at boots as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone seen a shiny dark brown nail varnish? its kind of metallic, lv seen a few people on tv wearing it but checked rimmel, essence etc no luck! gorgeous color.....l need it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Do any of you girls know how to upload photos to this thread from an iPhone?

Would love to join in now that my gels are FINALLY gone but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Do any of you girls know how to upload photos to this thread from an iPhone?

Would love to join in now that my gels are FINALLY gone but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance :)

Upload them to photobucket (they have an app), copy the url and paste it in and put img tags on either side

e.g your url but without the spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Only discovered this thread recently and been admiring everyone's photos.

Decided I would get some Essence nail polishes, I see lovely work done with toppers.

Nearest Essence stand is Pennys Athlone and my god, none of the nice polishes or toppers or special collections like on their website are there! So disappointed!

Any other brands out there which do nice polishes and don't cost the earth? Or anyone know of any other Essence stockists in the the midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Only discovered this thread recently and been admiring everyone's photos.

Decided I would get some Essence nail polishes, I see lovely work done with toppers.

Nearest Essence stand is Pennys Athlone and my god, none of the nice polishes or toppers or special collections like on their website are there! So disappointed!

Any other brands out there which do nice polishes and don't cost the earth? Or anyone know of any other Essence stockists in the the midlands?

Are you near Tullamore? O'Donavan's pharmacy in the old Dunnes have a massive Essence stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Nice one LizT, I'll try pop over there over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Stop animal cruelty - Catrice have a lovely brown polish at the moment. Saw it in penny's Mary st dublin.

I got my delivery from trans design this evening. So excited, 10 new polishes. Will post up details tomorrow. One of them is Barielle ' s Blackened bleu which I put on my toes. Love it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ivenus wrote: »
    Stop animal cruelty - Catrice have a lovely brown polish at the moment. Saw it in penny's Mary st dublin.

I got my delivery from trans design this evening. So excited, 10 new polishes. Will post up details tomorrow. One of them is Barielle ' s Blackened bleu which I put on my toes. Love it :-)

I've seem some of the Barielle in TK Maxx and wondered what they were like

How long did you package take to get here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I got a set of those Barielles from TK Maxx ( the pink one) - really liked them. They go on a bit wet but dry quickly. Good pigmentation and last as well.

Advertisement