Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much 'beauty' sleep do you need/get

• 05-05-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I need to head to bed early..10:30 or so and sleep until 6-6:30 but I rarely get this amount of sleep..
    A solid 7 and a half hours is my perfect dream sleep..
    So I'll lay my head down at 10:30, be asleep for 11 and up ready to attack the world at about 6:30.

I know my skin looks better less droopy and more alive when I've had my 'proper' sleep..

So I'm wondering how much beauty sleep boards members get or more importantly need!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I usually fall asleep around 11 and wake at 7:45 but dont get out of bed until 8.
    Those 15 minutes are my 'switch my brain on and mentally prepare myself for the day' pep talk minutes.
    Ideally I need another hours sleep to really feel refreshed but routine doesn't allow for sleeping in. :mad:

Any less sleep than that and I am an emotional mess with puffy eyes! :(
    Today seems to be one of those days.
    I had a terrible sleep with some very vivid horrible dreams, I'm a ball of anxiety today beacuse of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I need about 9 hours sleep in order for me to be able to function properly the next day. I get very grumpy and irritated when I don't get enough sleep so I always strive for 9hrs. My skin looks all the better for it too, my face looks a little 'off' if I haven't slept well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

My sleep is all over the place. I'll go 3\4 nights with 5 hours then on the next night i'll sleep for 10 - 12. I'm a really bad sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I need about 6 and a half hours, which is what I usually get! Last night I went to sleep at 12.30 and got up at about 6.15am, was still grand with that. I find if I sleep too much (over 8 hours) I look more tired :o Luckily I fall asleep very easily because I am usually wrecked by the end of the day. I used to sleep very badly when I was in school..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ideally about 7-8 hours, now with a baby I'm happy with 6 uninterrupted hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I need about 6 and a half hours, which is what I usually get! Last night I went to sleep at 12.30 and got up at about 6.15am, was still grand with that. I find if I sleep too much (over 8 hours) I look more tired :o Luckily I fall asleep very easily because I am usually wrecked by the end of the day. I used to sleep very badly when I was in school..

I'm the same, look tired if I sleep too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

I'm the same, look tired if I sleep too much!

Ha, I wish I had that problem.... I look like the walking dead today.
    Went to sleep about 11:15, woke at 11:40, obviously was in a deep sleep as I didn't know where I was! Awake until 3am, then slept 'til 6... feel miserable today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its not a case of how much sleep I get, but when I get it. I work nights from time to time, and wouldn't normally finish till about 5am. Regardless of whether I sleep for 2 hours or 12 hours after a nightshift, I WILL look like a hungover, bloated, puffy mess the next day, and feel sluggish and foggy to boot.

On a normal day, I feel good if I get 9 hours. I can function on 8, any less than that and I'm an emotional walking hormone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

More of a day sleeper than a night sleeper. But usually average about 4-5 hours in the night and get the rest out of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Got 7 and a half hours solid sleep last night..
    Went to bed at 11, fell asleep around 11:30 and slept through until 7:00am and I feel like a new woman today :)
    Eyes are sparkling, skin glowing..to be like this every day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

8-10 (max)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I can manage on 6-7 hours sleep but any less than that and my eyes start to puff up and the shadows get more and more purple. Some nights I don't get home from work until after midnight and if I can't lie in the next morning I look like a zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Anything less than 7 and I think I look dreadful the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I look like death on less than 7 hours sleep, and usually get between 6 and 8. Ideally 9-10 hours has me refreshed and my skin looks good. At the moment if I'm working the next day I'll get 8 hours in bed, about 6 of which are spent sleeping (I find it very hard to drop off, even when I'm very tired) but on non working days I'll get a 'catch up' sleep of up to 11 hours :D early night followed by a lie in, absolute bliss for my brain and my face!

Advertisement