Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My3 PrePay for Android

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Do you have any plans to make a small widget for the home screen. Would be handy to be able to see my balance, remaining minutes, texts etc. on the homescreen. A tap to refresh type of one. Just any idea.

I'm not sure what way to display it, as you can see in the screen-shots, the usage info is quite large. You have any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Installed. Works great. I like the background refresh and total credit. Thanks a mil

Suggestions:
    Roboto font?

Login Screen - bigger input fields with more padding

In the interest of making it cleaner change last refreshed time to "<time> ago" e.g.
    10mins ago
    2 days ago

Logout option - only noticed this because I wanted to go back to the login screen to look at the layout again and couldn't but some people may change number or have a second 3 sim they need to keep track of

wba88 wrote: »
    Installed. Works great. I like the background refresh and total credit. Thanks a mil

Suggestions:
    Roboto font?
    I think from Android 4+ it's using Roboto font by default, are you using a lower release of android? I can bundle the font for older versions of android.
    Login Screen - bigger input fields with more padding
    You mean more padding between the edges of the text fields and the text itself ?
    In the interest of making it cleaner change last refreshed time to "<time> ago" e.g.
    10mins ago
    2 days ago

Yeah I can look into that. Would you like it to display the time also, or only the above?
    Logout option - only noticed this because I wanted to go back to the login screen to look at the layout again and couldn't but some people may change number or have a second 3 sim they need to keep track of

This is a good idea. Also if you blank out the user-name & password in settings, and re-launch the app, you will get the log-in screen, but yes a logout option is nicer.

Whoever reported "Opened the app up again and the error report screen was open." Cheers, see what the problem is.

I think from Android 4+ it's using Roboto font by default, are you using a lower release of android? I can bundle the font for older versions of android.
    I'm on 4.4.4 apologies, I probably need to go back to bed then just didn't look like Roboto to me. It's not Roboto Thin is it?
    You mean more padding between the edges of the text fields and the text itself ?
    Yeah it looks a little cramped considering how much screen real estate there is, might just make it look nicer
    Yeah I can look into that. Would you like it to display the time also, or only the above?
    Maybe just the time ago suggestion then if it is tapped a toast pops-up with actual time?
    This is a good idea. Also if you blank out the user-name & password in settings, and re-launch the app, you will get the log-in screen, but yes a logout option is nicer.
    Yeah it's better for UX to have a logout option

Thanks for all the work you're putting in, it's really appreciated and it's a damn handy app and blows the official '3' app out of the water!

• Advertisement

Another suggestion

Same colour status bar instead of black and transparent software keys (maybe just extend the blue down)?

I'm on 4.4.4 apologies, I probably need to go back to bed then just didn't look like Roboto to me. It's not Roboto Thin is it?

I'm not sure, its just using defaults, whatever that is. Some of the fields are bold'ed.
    Another suggestion

Same colour status bar instead of black and transparent software keys (maybe just extend the blue down)?

I'm not sure I follow this one? You mean extend status bar over the soft-keys at the bottom?

Look at the pushbullet app. Notice how the status bar (with battery, signal etc.) had the same background color as the action bar. Then look at the soft keys at the bottom, the background isn't black it's transparent

Look at the pushbullet app. Notice how the status bar (with battery, signal etc.) had the same background color as the action bar. Then look at the soft keys at the bottom, the background isn't black it's transparent

Ok yeah, this seems to be an Android 4.4+ thing. http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-4.4.html#TranslucentBars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Whoever reported "Opened the app up again and the error report screen was open." Cheers, see what the problem is.

That was me!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what way to display it, as you can see in the screen-shots, the usage info is quite large. You have any ideas ?

I know what you mean it would be quite large if all the info from the app was on it. For me all I'd like to include on it would be my balance and remaining data. Realistically I don't need to know that I have 2800 minutes or 3000 Skype mins. Maybe give an option to tick the box of which fields you'd like displayed. Expiry dates wouldn't be too important either coz the app will notify you when your 30days are up.

I know what you mean it would be quite large if all the info from the app was on it. For me all I'd like to include on it would be my balance and remaining data. Realistically I don't need to know that I have 2800 minutes or 3000 Skype mins. Maybe give an option to tick the box of which fields you'd like displayed. Expiry dates wouldn't be too important either coz the app will notify you when your 30days are up.

That is something I will consider for the next release after this current one I get stable.

I have implemented wba88's suggestions (except the transparent status and navigation bars. I couldn't get it working nice with the swiperefresh layout and I haven't seen too many app's using it yet).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14338572/PrepayCreditAndroid-v0.11-beta-zipaligned-signed.apk
    https://db.tt/2w5Z1kji

That is something I will consider for the next release after this current one I get stable.

I have implemented wba88's suggestions (except the transparent status and navigation bars. I couldn't get it working nice with the swiperefresh layout and I haven't seen too many app's using it yet).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14338572/PrepayCreditAndroid-v0.11-beta-zipaligned-signed.apk
    https://db.tt/2w5Z1kji

40b96f717103244d7d9dea023de22820619058efade0a529f2938430963ed6c7.jpg

haha

New version pushed to Google Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

And as soon as I push the update, https://my3account.three.ie goes down for maintenance, it has been down for a couple of hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

New version pushed to Google Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

I know it says prepay, but is there anyway you could get it to work with a bill pay account?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I know it says prepay, but is there anyway you could get it to work with a bill pay account?

I think I looked at this before and it would require a separate app as there is nothing in common really. Even the login stuff works differently.

For example on prepay, logging in over wifi is done differently than when on 3 network.

Same goes for bill pay, however logging in for bill pay on 3 network was yet different again than logging in for prepay on 3 network.

There is only so much I can do without a billpay account.

And as soon as I push the update, https://my3account.three.ie goes down for maintenance, it has been down for a couple of hours now.

Probably did it to spite you! Doesn't seem to have been any changes anyway. App still working after the downtime.

If anyone has any problems or any info missing, remember to send me the HTML output from the https://my3account.three.ie/My_account_balance page.

I have a couple of bug reports coming in about "3 to 3 calls" not showing when queued. However its showing fine on my side.

Also I think the "out of bundle internet" charges html structure on the page might have changes, so if anyone has these, can you please send me on the HTML. My account is an old one, so when my add-on's expire, I don't get these charges for internet access, I simply cannot access the internet again until I topup/buy internet add-on again.

• Advertisement

Looks like 3 updated their app this morning also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It should be here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.three.my3account

Eep! Just found a bug, clicking on "My3 website" in the menu is clearing out cookies so you have to log back in. I have this fixed now and will push an update later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

You really should think about redesigning the app using the new Material Design style, would look great!

Anyway thanks for this app, it's great, very useful :)

+1

App seems to be defunct since last night. Log on to site is working fine. Perhaps some changes in the background on the site.

App seems to be defunct since last night. Log on to site is working fine. Perhaps some changes in the background on the site.

Thanks for reporting. I will get looking at that today.

Came here to say the same thing (service is down)

also I can never remember if the expiry date is midnight before or midnight after the date e.g.

Expiry 22nd August

I can never remember if thats midnight 21st/22nd or midnight 22nd/23rd as it turns out it's the latter but '3' don't make that clear enough so maybe you could put something in there to make it more user friendly?

Came here to say the same thing (service is down)

also I can never remember if the expiry date is midnight before or midnight after the date e.g.

Expiry 22nd August

I can never remember if thats midnight 21st/22nd or midnight 22nd/23rd as it turns out it's the latter but '3' don't make that clear enough so maybe you could put something in there to make it more user friendly?

If it expires today (22nd) then you have until midnight tonight. The app reminds you at 8pm that it's about to expire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can anyone top up from the MyThree website? Always seems to be "Try Back Later" whenever I need to do it and end up having to go to an internet cafe and log on from a pc.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if they borked the site. It seems very strange what they did. The login procedure is almost identical but they included a repeated step.

Advertisement