Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corrib charts for your GPS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭kennyw

Cheers Stylie. Thats the Job,

Il have a look into it. Still trying to decide between Kerry or galway on the west for some late season fishing.

Lough Currane has got me inspired, Have you fished around the West's River's much.

Would love to try some river fly for the wild brownies also. Any info on that would be great if you have any.?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

JohnCleary wrote: »
    what was your query?

I was enquiring as to purchasing a hard copy of the charts, at the time I don't think there was an option to download. It was pretty much a year to the day that I enquired as it was on account of the guys in Corrib angling giving me the details on july 12th last year - they used to have a chart on the wall but had no idea where they got it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

kennyw wrote: »
    Cheers Stylie. Thats the Job,

Il have a look into it. Still trying to decide between Kerry or galway on the west for some late season fishing.

Lough Currane has got me inspired, Have you fished around the West's River's much.

Would love to try some river fly for the wild brownies also. Any info on that would be great if you have any.?

I dont fish the rivers in the West at all, well the very odd time when its blowing a gale on Corrib. Guys do catch big trout and salmon off the rivers going into Corrib at the end of the season.
    End of season for Currane is slow fishing, I dont fish it but my friends do and they either fish high up in Waterville or not at all. End of season fishing can be bad on the great lakes aswell depending on the weather during the month, an Indian style Aug and Sept is ideal as the trout are shoaling but not making the runs up the river yet, and they get very aggressive if the conditions are right, also any salmon I have seen risen in a drift have always been in Sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

They were originally free a few years back, they donation only. Not many people made donations though, so they didn't get any updates.
    My last computer went tits up, that's why i'm glad I have them in my inbox! But the user agreement does say i'm not allowed distribute them. They seem pretty strict about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 anglingcharts

Version 1.20 of the Corrib Chart will be available in approx 2 weeks. version 1.19 is available as the current version. As usual it runs on Garmin GPS, Lowrance GPS (still prototype), and PC. The paper version is also available.
    The project to chart the Corrib continues - it never stopped - but now simply has a new website. Don't beleive everything you read on the internet ! Please register on the site if you want copies.

Please visit www.anglingcharts.com for further information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

brilliant news, have used a friends chart and must admit its top class!

Version 1.20 of the Corrib Chart will be available in approx 2 weeks. version 1.19 is available as the current version. As usual it runs on Garmin GPS, Lowrance GPS (still prototype), and PC. The paper version is also available.
    The project to chart the Corrib continues - it never stopped - but now simply has a new website. Don't beleive everything you read on the internet ! Please register on the site if you want copies.

Please visit www.anglingcharts.com for further information.

Do you mean contact you through the sites Contact ? There is no register button, on my browser anyway.
    Whats the cost of copies ?
    Also can you explain the sidescan of the salmon a little, I find it interesting to see how they showed up, maybe a chart of the bay and how the sidescan matches up to it ? Also I have never heard of Claggan Bay, is it up the north end around Dooras ?

Thanks for the reply, I dont have a GPS but your charts would be very useful for anyone starting off fishing the lake, be it trolling or fly fishing. A good replacement to yrs spent on the lake learning the shallows and drop offs.

The Android chart of the Corrib is now available. If you are interested in a copy, drop me a line on the website.
    It has ALL the features of the marine chart, but due to the obvious fact that you are chosing to run it on your telephone instead of a chartplotter, it is only going to be as accurate as your phone GPS !!. It should not be used for navigation, but will help you find the deeps and shallows (it's fully contoured).

There are also completely new A1 size wallcharts of the Lake for those of you who can't get enough of it ! These have the Oughterard Islands to Inchagoill as a high resolution inset.
    Please visit www.anglingcharts.com for all the information.
    Trevor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CorribCharts

Apologies for the late response, only seeing this now.

CorribCharts is back online, and has been for some time now! CorribCharts is available for download from www.corribcharts.com

The website is also back fully running which contains some interesting and useful info about Lough Corrib for visitors

To those who supported (morally, intellectually and financially from donations) - I thank you. It is because of you (and a good legal team) that CorribCharts got back online so quickly. I won't go into the details of why the website was down for a period, that's something i'll happily discuss over a tea & sandwich beside the fire at Inchagoill some time :)

• Advertisement

I've put some facinating and unique 3d imagery of various areas of the Corrib onto the website www.anglingcharts.com . These show clearly some of the fascinating structure of the lake, and will show you where some of the deep holes and dropoffs are. The sidescan survey of the Corrib River was recently completed, there's rather more than the odd shopping trolley to see! You'll need to check back shortly for a look.

There are also beautiful new paper charts of Ballynahinch Lake, L. Bola and L Scannive. I've also made GPS charts of these lakes, just for the craic - if you want one just ask - I'm not asking anything for them !

Tight lines

Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

I see there's some new images of Lough Inagh here
    http://www.anglingcharts.com/3dimagery/loughinagh3d.html
    Excellent stuff.....

Advertisement