Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC Desire Cyanogenmod: Starting Out

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm all sorted now

That simp2ext thing worked.

Did however absolutely wipe my SDcard without asking, lost all my photos and some other things I wasnt happy about

But all apps now working ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

camera working after i formatted memory and the led shines again :) any tips for htc desire or tricks

How do I restore original rom

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Download the official ROM from HTC's site (find the support page for your phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dlm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

IF you're missing the Sense widgets, you can get Launcher Pro Plus. This has the same widgets you get with Sense.

cheers dudes- yous are legends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

7.0.2 is out now. Lots of bug fixes and work to get the Blade version up to par.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

ongarite wrote: »
    7.0.2 is out now. Lots of bug fixes and work to get the Blade version up to par.

I'm on 7.0.0 (htc desire) and haven't noticed any bugs really after about a week of usage, except for some force close issues on the Facebook app as far as I can recall. Have you upgraded? Any major improvements from what you can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

The pull down status bar speed is working correctly again.
    DSP equaliser presets available.
    Long press on status bar wifi, BT, GPS, etc.. will bring to the settings for each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Okay, nothing major warranting the effort involved so! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

CM 7 is not proving to stable for me ATM. Phone reboots whilst using sportstracker to map my rides. Getting fed up with it. Flashed the latest radio also but has made no difference. I'm guessing that it maybe to do with the GPS? Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 EskimoErased

I'm getting force close issues with the Facebook app.

Happens literally every time I try to open "Messages" or "Groups".

Running CM7.0.0, is it worth the effort of upgrading to the very latest version? Is there a fix for the Facebook issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have cm7 on my desire and its rock solid. Absolutely no problems.

CM 7 is not proving to stable for me ATM. Phone reboots whilst using sportstracker to map my rides. Getting fed up with it. Flashed the latest radio also but has made no difference. I'm guessing that it maybe to do with the GPS? Anyone else have this problem?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Very happy with this - running 7.0.2, very few FC and no reboots or bootloops

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

That should be 7.0.2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Have discovered that the problemma lie with the sporttracker app itself. It has been mooted that curent version has memory leaks in relation to the GPS and causes reboots. Have updated the app to the latest version so hopefully the rebooting will have ceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was getting FC's on the Facebook app on the latest CM7 but then I went to the market and there was an update. After i updated, it worked perfect.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was getting FC's on the Facebook app on the latest CM7 but then I went to the market and there was an update. After i updated, it worked perfect.

version 1.5.3 of facebook was broken - 1.5.4 is up and working now

• Registered Users Posts: 46 EskimoErased

The_B_Man wrote: »

Yup, same for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Hey guys,

Have a couple of questions about moving from a Sense ROM (LeeDroid) to CM7.
    Tried it a few days ago and had a few issues:

1) Before I flashed I did a full data and app backup in Titanium Backup and after flashing I restored all apps and data. I tried to exclude all HTC items in the restore. After doing the restore I was getting storage issues. Something I never get with leedroid (I have 4gb sd card, 512mb ext). Also alot of my apps didn't restore at all.
    What should I be restoring after flashing? What system data should I exclude?

2) The home button didn't take me back to the home menu from any app. I presume this is just a setting but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
    FFB

Advertisement