Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feeling Sluggish

• 20-10-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Im running New York in less than 2 weeks and my energy levels are on the floor. I went for a run On Saturday and stopped at 9 mile and had to walk home, I had no energy at all!!

And advice? my eating has been as normal and this is my fourth marathon but Im starting to get very worried!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Advice? Relax, this is perfectly normal. Your body is recovering after the hard miles...don't let it get to you as it could affect your mental approach which would be bad. I know of people who felt lethargic up until the gun goes off and they then had the race of their lives. Enjoy NY, one on my bucket list for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I usually feel terrible two weeks out too - getting stitches in little easy runs, etc. Wouldn't worry about it, as BeepBeep says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Dundalk wrote: »
    Im running New York in less than 2 weeks and my energy levels are on the floor. I went for a run On Saturday and stopped at 9 mile and had to walk home, I had no energy at all!!

And advice? my eating has been as normal and this is my fourth marathon but Im starting to get very worried!

It's quite a normal sensation that you describe however if your training is roughly the same as for previous marathons and everything else is broadly the same (i.e. not got a newborn keeping you awake every night) and this really is different it may be worth asking your GP about it, maybe having some blood tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dundalk wrote: »

Your grand, this is very normal. I did New York last year, you will have a great time. Crowd is brillant especially coming off the bridge at mile 15.

PS Get your sub way ticket the day before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

Thanks all, dont know whats wrong!! Didnt have this in previous marathons, will put it down to stress!!!

By the way, is there a topic on the NY marathon for this year I cant seem to find one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement