Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I will be focused on a bit of everything, I don't plan to do raid hardcore but will try get to interesting content when it comes up.

My primary focus will wpvp/pvp but I also wanna do the garrison stuff ect. How about you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

so what is everyone's plans for wod ? will you be focusing on pve or pvp ? hardcore or casual ?

Im always PVE, i never got into PVP but seeing as all the delish mounts are starting to pop up there I may have to whet my beak.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

so what is everyone's plans for wod ? will you be focusing on pve or pvp ? hardcore or casual ?

PvE, I guess somewhat reverting to the hardcore.

The last two expansions have been a bit wandering for me, as my guild stopped raiding, and for me that was everything in WoW. I've enjoyed Flex to a certain extent and the gearing path it provides. I've also been interested in the gold making side of the AH, and just levelling alts and gearing them

A friend got in touch to tell me his old raiding guild were coming back together for WOD. They are planning to go through flex and then normal before launch to get people back in the mood, and then in WoD aim for mythic raiding(they always raided at the hardcore level).

It seems well run and good, and the times are grand. Mon/Tues 7-10. They won't be pushing any server firsts, but having a look back on their history they are pretty efficent for the hours they put in.

So I'm hoping WoD shoots a big boost for me for woW, as the last two expansions have been pretty laxadazicle.

Also be interesting operating back on Horde side, currently levelling up the characers I plan to raid with in WoD. Warlock main and DK tank alt.

Only downside is there went for a high pop realm, Kazzak. Looks like I'll be using the RDP stockades trick to keep logged in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Keifie

Logged back in for the first time in almost 2 years, based on the WoD news and reports. I've never had so much guild spam! I remember having to fight for a guild spot.

Still, handy to get into for the bonuses :)

Keifie wrote: »
    Logged back in for the first time in almost 2 years, based on the WoD news and reports. I've never had so much guild spam! I remember having to fight for a guild spot.

Still, handy to get into for the bonuses :)

Guild bonus' will carry you 95% of the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I haven't had much time to follow the news behind WoD, Is it looking good?
    Would it be worth my time to make a new account? buy all the expansions and level up a new character for the launch of it?

I have played every expansion at some point but I don't have access to my old account any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

killanena wrote: »
    I haven't had much time to follow the news behind WoD, Is it looking good?
    Would it be worth my time to make a new account? buy all the expansions and level up a new character for the launch of it?

I have played every expansion at some point but I don't have access to my old account any more.

The expansion gives you a lvl 90 character and mists will probably be part of the basic game so I would wait until then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Playing PvE with mentalguild.eu. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PvE at the start, and than once I can only get tough gear I'll play PvP to make the time go by quicker.

Currently in MoP i'm rep grinding and acheivement whoring as I see no point in trying to get great gear as it'll be easy replaced soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get my Paladin to 90, maybe level my Warlock to 90 as well, and get a horde character up as well before launch.

After launch, just level my way through, and spend a fair amount of time in my Garrison. Also, go in search of all the old school characters and try get into the lore again. Never a raider, so i'll probably quit after levelling one of two to max level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dam it i signed up, mite start fresh any one recomend a good server besides bladefist,
    evenly balanced twould be good !

Only balanced server is defias, everything else is unbalanced.

I always used http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html for seeing what realm has what (roughly) - although it's less of an issue now that specific zones are cross-realm.

Auction Houses will also be cross-faction in Warlords, so that won't be an issue either.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I always used http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html for seeing what realm has what (roughly) - although it's less of an issue now that specific zones are cross-realm.

Auction Houses will also be cross-faction in Warlords, so that won't be an issue either.

Major issue if your a gold farmer like me. They are already dumbing and watering down proffesions, so diveristy of stock is going to plummet. Which already means an increase in competition since there is say for example, less slots in gear to gem. So more competition for what will be a shrunken market.

Add to that cross realm, and I'm struggling to see how I'll make gold in the new expansion, which pains me as its a personal enjoyment of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't believe how inflated gold is, I see people trying to sell items costing near to gold cap of 1 mil. How would someone even get close to that?

KilOit wrote: »
    Can't believe how inflated gold is, I see people trying to sell items costing near to gold cap of 1 mil. How would someone even get close to that?

People are just being stupid now, the problem is that Blizz is also inflating the prices of old items.

Example: The Thundra mammoth used to be 3K in WOTLK, now its kissing near 12K to buy.

The most ridiculous price inflation is Pets by far. And rare vanity items like Tabard of the Lightbringer.

Ugh. Last Prince buff supposidly before WoD. And I have got the benefit of it for two days before I've hit the Valor quest which takes 3 weeks. Wanted to get this done ASAP on my new main since the guild are raiding flex and normals.

And the Valor part not being removed until October. I'd say by the time I finish the valor part, they will probably ****ing remove it.

Vicxas wrote: »
    People are just being stupid now, the problem is that Blizz is also inflating the prices of old items.

Example: The Thundra mammoth used to be 3K in WOTLK, now its kissing near 12K to buy.

The most ridiculous price inflation is Pets by far. And rare vanity items like Tabard of the Lightbringer.

Obviously the prices rose Simply put gold is easy as **** to make, and requires no brainpower anymore. 50k is the new 10k .

Granted I've stopped plaiyng my mains and moved over to another realm with fresh proffs, but on my mains I was getting about 60k a week income. (My problem on that realm was having to spend 50k, so only 10k profit)

60k was always a nice comfort spot, I had hit a couple of 100k before, but it's such a timesink. So I was content with 10k profit a week from the minimal time I was investing.

Vanity items and the likes are exactly that, vanity. They are a way for people with lots of gold to show off and get flashy.

I don't think anyone is to blame for this, WoW have a very fluid economy, that dips, rises, goes mental and then gets stable. It makes sense that some older items got their prices bumped.

I dinged my new main this week and first stop was the Auction house. Crafted Boots, belt and pants are BIS until Heroic SOO. Cost me about 10k for the lot. Which is mad considering I was selling the pants myself for 40k earlier in the expansion. But as more quantities have come along, with more people able to craft them, they just drop in price.

The economy is broken. I'm doing that stupid legendary cloak quest and have to spam LFR for the Secrets of the Empire. I've done Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar, add in to that the Shadowpan Dailies (5 or so quests) and the daily dungeon, and I've made about 1.5k by just playing the game.

If you really went about it you could make gold with ease. I was selling Embersilk Bags, for example, for nearly 400g per bag for essentially 15mins work farming the cloth.

The economy is not broken, if your on a dead realm yes that can happen but on full servers with a healthy population you can see that although its easy to make money its also easy to spend it.

Repairs for example, if you go to near 10% durability repair can cost up to 200G, depening on your group just one wing of LFR can can cost you this.

If your gemming and enchanting you can see that they cost quite a bit of money.

• Advertisement

It's not broken at all, there is such a high turnover now with gear, and the assosiated gems and enchants and reforges, obviously players are spending more on their characters maintenance and upkeep then they ever did.

The economy, oddly enough, is never broken. While sometimes there might be inflation of pricing, that simply develops from a shortage of supply. It's that simple.

WoD will definitly reign in the flow of gold in the game, as gear optimisation slows way down ( only certain gear can be gemed, certain gear enchanted, reforging gone). So immediately the turnover rate of sales will drop, and competition will stiffen. Undercutting violently will be back as a mainstay and sellers will only be grinding out small profits on small volumes. So the economy will definitly shrink.

It's also worth remembering the economy explodes during the early part of a new expansion. Gathering proffesions, providing raw materials, is a great place to get involved in if you have a character with a gathering proffesions, or room for one.

Remember that in WOD gatheirng proffs will feed into everything. Jewelcrafting requires herbs now to make gems, so the usefullness has expanded. Tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking can all make gear sets from the get go, so there will be high demand for raw materials.

Gatheirng proffesions always lead the way in a new expansion to generate large profit, and this one more then ever. But in time things will settle again, whereby someone like me, goes along to buy the materials raw, and then turn them into something for drastically more profit.

Gathering gives you a short term bump in income, but longterm is terrible time / profit ratios. Same for farming in general in fairness.

I still haven't actually bought Warlords. I was going to get the Collectors Edition, but I don't like the Mount, Pet or even own Diablo/Starcraft. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i have given up on wow till wod. sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got pandaria since launch and still don't have level 90... I came back a month ago and got my priest to level 87 so far.
    I was actually having fun until I hit pandaria. I just really don't like the art style and atmosphere of pandaria...I will push it through anyway and will try to see at least some of its content.
    The new expansion on the other hand has me pumped up. A lot of people calling it the new TBC and I loved it back in the day. Plus no more flying mounts in new areas!!! Fecking sweet!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I really liked the questing in Pandaria, but not sure how much I'm gonna play in WoD. Probably will go back for the pre-expac event but after that, I'm not really sure. Gotten really sick of it, that legendary cloak quest chain in MoP really took the good out of it for me!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I really liked the questing in Pandaria, but not sure how much I'm gonna play in WoD. Probably will go back for the pre-expac event but after that, I'm not really sure. Gotten really sick of it, that legendary cloak quest chain in MoP really took the good out of it for me!

I have 3-4 legendary cloaks lol, as far as gaining a legendary which is supposed hard to get this was relatively easy.

Especially with the buffs later on it was so easy.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I have 3-4 legendary cloaks lol, as far as gaining a legendary which is supposed hard to get this was relatively easy.

There is nothing remotely challenging about having to grind items over the course of raid resets, buff or no buff.

I would love to see the legendary ring quest line in WoD (that the Dev's have said will have no grinding or pvp) go the way of the Warlock green fire quest and you know... be somewhat challenging. Basing part of it on ability to understand fight mechanics or your class would be a great idea. The fact I wiped several times on the final boss fight for my Green Fire made it all the more desirable.

I'm assuming you're a raider then - I had to trawl my way through endless raid finders to get the drops, found it to be absolutely horrendous. LFR has ruined WoW in my view, its just a forum for trolls and idiots. Quite enjoyed the rest of it but the raid parts were unbearable!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're a raider then - I had to trawl my way through endless raid finders to get the drops, found it to be absolutely horrendous. LFR has ruined WoW in my view, its just a forum for trolls and idiots. Quite enjoyed the rest of it but the raid parts were unbearable!

Not really no, i have raided this past patch of course but i pugged my way to SOO kills and to do that i had to get the cloak through raid finder/flex.

LFR is bad but you could do flex, my point however was being able to get a legendary from LFR ect is so easy compared to past versions of legendary quests (no way you could get if from LFR).

The only hard part was the fights with the black prince ect which was kinda difficult from the perspective you had to think.

• Advertisement

Not really no, i have raided this past patch of course but i pugged my way to SOO kills and to do that i had to get the cloak through raid finder/flex.

LFR is bad but you could do flex, my point however was being able to get a legendary from LFR ect is so easy compared to past versions of legendary quests (no way you could get if from LFR).

The only hard part was the fights with the black prince ect which was kinda difficult from the perspective you had to think.

Yeah its not hard at all but by God is it boring. Fair play to you for persisting with it 4 times, I completed it once and said to myself "NEVER AGAIN"! haha

The Black Prince fights were tough but cool. The melee dps one was very tricky, I ended up doing the tanking one which I found to be the easiest.

Advertisement