Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commute from Kilcock to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 26-10-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does any one do this???how long it would take?? what is the best route??

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I'm sure you are asking about driving but the train might be an option.

Kilcock to Coolmine or Castleknock train stations. Depends on where in Blanchardstown you are going to.
    Direct morning trains to Castleknock: 6:53, 7:27, 8:08. Each take about 30 mins.
    Return trains from Castleknock: 17:32, 18:01, 18:35, 18:53.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

yes I am asking about driving

I would use the train but my work is not on a walking distance from any station. I saw some people take small bikes into the dart before but I do not think It is a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mmalaka wrote: »
    Hi

Does any one do this???how long it would take?? what is the best route??

I had the misfortune of driving that way at around 8:30am there a week or two ago.

You are talking at least an hour, I'd say nearer 1.5hours at peak times.

You could go Kilcock->Maynooth->Dunboyne->Clonee->Blanchardstown, or via the back road behind Intel, into Clonee. Either way, you will encounter serious traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

tom dunne wrote: »
    You are talking at least an hour, I'd say nearer 1.5hours at peak times.

that is too much...

on google maps I got about 30 min....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Google maps doesn't give traffic information.
    I saw some people take small bikes into the dart before but I do not think It is a good idea
    Not a good idea? Given a choice of 1.5hrs vs 30min train + some cycling, I'd say it is a great idea.

How far do you have to go in Blanchardstown? Try the DTO Journey Planner or Gmaps Pedometer.
    I used to get the train to Drumcondra and walk 1.75 miles to East Point Business Park. Took 25 mins. I could read while walking. And it was good exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

that is too much...

Yes, on an open road with no traffic, perhaps.

Despite the fact they are back roads, they seem to be heavily congested at peak times.

Advertisement