Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing Windows and Doors

• 17-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was just wondering has anyone imported windows recently and was it worth while
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

Looked at doing it a while ago for a set of PVC french doors.
    I cant remembe the exact figures uk side - I ended up paying 800 for the doors here - I think with shipping from the uk, it was coming in at about 650-700 for the door plus shipping (I used that shiply website to get quotes on shipping).
    In the end I decided not to risk it for the sake of 150 - but id probably do it if i was doing the whole house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wardey27

Thanks Jimmy,
    Looking at getting a Big Bi-Fold Patio Door and some windows to might be worth looking into it. Can you PM me the name of the company you looked at. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 linema81

Hi there,

i imported platio windows 5m lenght x2.20 high and whole house, there we got few qoute ower 35k, but once we imported and we saved over 20k.

Hi there,

We imported extension windows 5m lenght x2.20 high 4 masive panels in one line over there price was 11k just basic.We decided to take a risk and order outside IE and all with labour and delivery worked out 4.5k. We also imported all windows and doors to the house with final figure approx 6 or 7k, where there we been quoted between 12-20k. very happy with the quality and profiles of the windows and if i would ever need again i will import as it helps to save nearly half amount of money.

All the best.

Hi there,

We imported extension windows 5m lenght x2.20 high 4 masive panels in one line over there price was 11k just basic.We decided to take a risk and order outside IE and all with labour and delivery worked out 4.5k. We also imported all windows and doors to the house with final figure approx 6 or 7k, where there we been quoted between 12-20k. very happy with the quality and profiles of the windows and if i would ever need again i will import as it helps to save nearly half amount of money.

All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 citywide

Hi can you pm me the details of the window company you imported your windows from also what type of windows pvc timber alu clad ?? Thanks

Hi can you pm me the details of the window company you imported your windows from also what type of windows pvc timber alu clad ?? Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 adam lyons

linema81 wrote: »
    Hi there,

All the best.

Hi would you pm me the contact details of where you sourced the doors and windows. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 adam lyons

Hi has anyone any contact details of where I could be going overseas for the doors and windows I am reading about . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pstj2000

Hi , can you PM details to me please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

Me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KerryBuild

adam lyons wrote: »
    Hi has anyone any contact details of where I could be going overseas for the doors and windows I am reading about . Cheers

Hi, did you manage to get any details of companies that you could import windows and doors from?
    If so could you pm me some names please.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

im in the same boat, looking for large doors etc, so if anyone has any recommendations please pm them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mianut

Hi I know this post is a bit old but just wondering if someone could pm the details for the company. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barry012

Hi, if anyone has info on Suppliers and their recommendations for importing Doors and Windows can please forward them on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sellertobe

citywide wrote: »
    Hi, would you kindly pm me the details of the supplier you imported windows from? Much appreciated.

Advertisement