Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know any cheap overseas contractors?

• 22-06-2009 11:22am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here subscontract work out to designers overseas, india etc? I used to have this young guy who did some programming stuff for me for $10 an hour. I need some stuff done with Joomla, Wordpress and PHPBB. I was going to post on elance.com but thought I might ask here if you guys have anyone you could recommend?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

http://www.getafreelancer.com

Buyer be ware though, can get dodgy results.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I put a project on www.elance.com and I've got a rake of replies, but tis amazing how ridiculous some of them are. One guys quoted me 30 hours to upgrade Joomla from 1.0 to 1.5 pffft.

Some seem good but you just never know, I'd prefer to try to get a recommendation of a guy that will do honest work for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Also check out www.scriptlance.com - i'd advise only hiring people with at least 10 reviews and check out their website etc. Like the guys said above some of the replies are just stupid, but there's some very good developers/designers etc to be found.

And don't always go for the cheapest.

Advertisement