Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sheamus sang You'll Never Walk Alone to the Manchester crowd and Molly Malone to the Belfast crowd. Did he sing anything tonight?

The banks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good to hear that. They seem to have been having great matches all tour long. Did becky get a good reaction ?

She got an absolutely massive reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    She got an absolutely massive reaction.

Ah that's great. I'd say for both her and sheamus it must be fierce special to perform in front of your home city and country. And because of the moves that becky has made since she was last here it must be even more special.

Us Irish wrestling fans have never had this good. Two on the main roster and one in nxt. We might never see this again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Us Irish wrestling fans have never had this good. Two on the main roster and one in nxt. We might never see this again lads.

If Glasgow can get a Raw and SD taping than theres no reason why Dublin or Belfast cant get them in the future.

id like to see a NXT Takeover Dublin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If Glasgow can get a Raw and SD taping than theres no reason why Dublin or Belfast cant get them in the future.

It's probably the best chance we have for any "televised" event.
    Guess it would depend on how well the June show goes

• Advertisement

It's probably the best chance we have for any "televised" event.
    Guess it would depend on how well the June show goes

love to make the show in june but other plans that cant be avoided :(
    :(:(:(

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0421/609976/wwe-live-event-results/

the card in Belgium tonight was amazing and it sounded like a good show. Did many leave in Dublin during the main event ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah. Where I was sitting I could see a lot of people moving towards the exits during the main event, after the bell rang. Then once it was over most people left before Roman even left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

We'll never get a TV taping here because we don't have a big enough arena for it.

Needs to be a larger arena for cameras, production and needs a side for a hard camera.

Only chance we have is a network special which still isnt likely

Yeah. Where I was sitting I could see a lot of people moving towards the exits during the main event, after the bell rang. Then once it was over most people left before Roman even left.

Back in November 2013 Roman along with the other shield members were doing a signing in smyths on Jervis street and the crowds were down the street and he was popular at the event (I remember at that event he tripped over the rope getting into the ring and fell on his arse lol). Now he's a top star in the WWE and disliked by a large number of fans. Amazing what happens in wrestling

ciano316 wrote: »
    We'll never get a TV taping here because we don't have a big enough arena for it.

Needs to be a larger arena for cameras, production and needs a side for a hard camera.

Only chance we have is a network special which still isnt likely

The hydro in Glasgow is not much bigger (or could in fact be smaller) than the 3arena. The 3arena has hosted UFC, premier league darts and boxing events that have been televised live but Ireland is not as big a market as the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Back in November 2013 Roman along with the other shield members were doing a signing in smyths on Jervis street and the crowds were down the street and he was popular at the event (I remember at that event he tripped over the rope getting into the ring and fell on his arse lol). Now he's a top star in the WWE and disliked by a large number of fans. Amazing what happens in wrestling
    I was at that show with the guy I went to the one tonight with. We were saying how when The Shield were here, they were heels being cheered. Now it's the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

love to make the show in june but other plans that cant be avoided :(
    :(:(:(

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0421/609976/wwe-live-event-results/

the card in Belgium tonight was amazing and it sounded like a good show. Did many leave in Dublin during the main event ???

Wow, we really did get the shaft!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought Sheamus heel promo was class and best moment of the night.

Mixed reaction (more boos than cheers) for Reigns.

Other than that it was a typical house show with no stand out match for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly, I don't go to these shows for the matches or whatever. Its the tail end of a long tour with no cameras, so I never expect five star matches.

But I got what I expected; a fun show, plenty of funny moments, and the chance to see the utter joy on kids faces as they get to see their heroes in action. I spent most of the main event watching a group of kids two rows in front of me, who were treating the card as utter life and death. Sometimes when we're smarking out on here, it's easy to forget how engrossing the product can be for kids and the happiness it brings to them.

I enjoyed it. Atmosphere was great. Reception for Becky was one of the best I've ever seen (the fact she didn't fight it like, say, Sheamus does meant it was massive). New Day/Dudleyz/Usos was really fun. Cesaro/Rusev started slow but built massively.

I think NXT will be a different ball game in 9 weeks time, in terms of the smarks ruling. But as a family show, I thought it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

The size of our arena isn't really the issue - it's the shape, the amphitheatre style shape makes it very tough to shoot TV/specials the way the WWE like to do things, for that reason alone, they'll just look at another option rather than work out how to do it here. Belfast's arena suits them, so that'd be the closest, but if they're only doing Scotland now then I don't see Belfast being on their to-do list for TV anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I better get in the ring!

Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

Did they mention if there would be a show in November last night?

Latte1 wrote: »

Nope. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I was at that show really enjoyed it. Dean (think it was Dean) shouted at the crowd 'that was ten minute ago' when crowd kept chanting 'you fell over' at Roman.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nope. Nothing.

No mention of a show or No show later in the year???
    Also depending on how NXT goes we might get a further NXT Show later in the year maybe even a NXTTakeover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Would they not go back to UK first for takeover? I don't think were every going get these specials done in Ireland. We never got a raw or smackdown.

lycan238 wrote: »
    I was at that show really enjoyed it. Dean (think it was Dean) shouted at the crowd 'that was ten minute ago' when crowd kept chanting 'you fell over' at Roman.

No mention of a show or No show later in the year???
    Also depending on how NXT goes we might get a further NXT Show later in the year maybe even a NXTTakeover

No mention of a show. There will be one but maybe they just hadn't the dates set yet.

Wouldn't hold my breath on Takeover. Would adore it, and would love if the Dublin audience really set out to make a point though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No mention of a show. There will be one but maybe they just hadn't the dates set yet.

Wouldn't hold my breath on Takeover. Would adore it, and would love if the Dublin audience really set out to make a point though :P

Yeah hope the audience is loud and makes there point respectfully with appropriate chants. I aint gonna hold my breath on an announcement for a Takeover or get my hopes up that we even get a televised event in Dublin in my lifetime. As before maybe they are waiting until after June to see how NXT goes although a joint show with both WWE Raw/SD and NXT talents probably best bet for that point.

Hope I get tickets for the Glasgow shows in the morning.

fantastic 2x tickets secured for Raw and Smackdown

Raw- Block 205 Row E
    Sd- Block 207 Row D

No chance of Takeover coming to Dublin as ticket sales for the June show have been nothing short of disasterous. A rep in the company promoting the show have told me ticket sales are just over 450 for it. Hard to see that increasing too much over the next few weeks. We'll have maximum 1,000 at it.

A smaller venue would of been suitable for NXT show.

No chance of Takeover coming to Dublin as ticket sales for the June show have been nothing short of disasterous. A rep in the company promoting the show have told me ticket sales are just over 450 for it. Hard to see that increasing too much over the next few weeks. We'll have maximum 1,000 at it.

Yikes if true....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Feck. I hope business picks up. As much as you make your own craic 1000 fans in the mooooohhassive 3 Arena would be fairly hollow.

Can't think of the worst attended show I've attended. TBH I think there has been a full house (or near to it) the 5/6 times I have went.

• Advertisement

If you try and search for tickets on ticketmaster, row 6 and nearer are appearing which backs up what I've been told from the promoter. They'll curtain off half the arena like they do for certain concerts and boxing events but unfortunately it'll still only be 1/3 full. In this country we've a very small hardcore fanbase which is what NXT attracts. Parents aren't going to shell out the guts of €200 to bring the kids to a show that doesn't have what they perceive as "big stars" ala Sheamus, Roman Reigns etc.

You have to remember NXT isn't on television. It's only on the Network. I think the fact that they're in Belfast the night before will influence the poor attendance. If Dublin was the only Irish show then there might have been an extra 500 or so down from the north for the 3arena show.

They really should have put it in a small arena. NXT house shows are regularly in theatres in the States. The Olympia Theatre or the Bord Gais Theatre would've been perfect. Completely packed out and a superb atmosphere

Advertisement