Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 30-03-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone for Electric Picnic in their Motorhomes? do you know when it sells out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

You'll need 2 kinds of ticket if you wish to use the campervan site.
    1 campervan ticket 60Euros for the camper and then one EP ticket (230Euro) for each person to access the main site.

The EP tickets themselves tend not to sell out however this year there is no Oxegen festival so that may increase demand for tickets

The campervan tickets do sell out and reasonably fast. So if you want to bring the camper and park in the campervan field then I'd buy the campervan ticket asap. I think there was a second release of campervan tickets last year nearer the festival start, but i wouldn't rely on that.

I won't bother buying a campervan ticket any more. It wasn't worth the extra 60Euro to me.
    The only advantage seems to be the ability to empty your waste, and a little closer to the festival compared to parking in the car park. I also found it quite noisy in the campervan site, I find the car parks are far quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Glastonut

Thanks for that! I have my Campervan ticket already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

A friend of mine wants to come along and just stay in the campervan site with us and in and out to the rest of our friends in the tent campsite. (He's not into music at all but likes all the craic and drinking before heading in). How strict for weekend tickets are they for people who go in to the campervan site with the the camper? Is the campervan site seperated completely from the tent campsite with a security check?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Linoge wrote: »
    A friend of mine wants to come along and just stay in the campervan site with us and in and out to the rest of our friends in the tent campsite. (He's not into music at all but likes all the craic and drinking before heading in). How strict for weekend tickets are they for people who go in to the campervan site with the the camper? Is the campervan site seperated completely from the tent campsite with a security check?

Thanks!

The ticket is only checked when bringing the van in... You can hold a party on it if you want after that
    Marty.

Advertisement