Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

• 15-06-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

LINK

Specification

General
    Operating System: Google Android 4.0.3 ICS
    Model: McPad F1
    Display Technology: Capacitive touch screen
    Screen Size: 7 inch
    Max Resolution: 800*480
    CPU Type: Cortex-A8 CPU
    Manufacturer: ALLWINNER
    CPU Model: A13
    CPU Speed: 1.2Ghz-1.5Ghz

Input/Output Connectors Ports: 1 x Mini USB
    1 x Micro Sd Card slot
    1 x DC jack
    1 x Earphone jack
    Communications
    Networking / Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet Wireless Connection: WIFI Wireless Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
    Support Format
    Video: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG Audio: FLAC/APE/WAV Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

That video does not show the device linked. The device in the video has a much higher resolution than 800x480

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

That tablet also has a higher resolution than 800x480.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

DjFlin wrote: »
    That video does not show the device linked. The device in the video has a much higher resolution than 800x480

I think you're thinking of 800x600.

800x480 is also known as Wide VGA
    WVGA (800×480)

Wide VGA
    or WVGA, sometimes just WGA, an abbreviation for Wide Video Graphics Array is any display resolution with the same 480 pixel height as VGA but wider, such as 800×480 (aspect ratio 5:3), 848×480, 852×480 or 854×480 (~16:9). It is a common resolution among LCD projectors and later portable and hand-held internet-enabled devices (such as MID and Netbooks) as it is capable of rendering web sites designed for an 800 wide window in full page-width. Examples of hand-held internet devices, without phone capability, with this resolution include: ASUS Eee PC 700 series, Dell XCD35, Nokia 770, N800, and N810.
    Mobile phones with WVGA display resolution are also common. A list of mobile phones with WVGA display is available.

Allyall wrote: »

I think you're thinking of 800x600.

The spec list of the tablet you posted says 800x480. I've got an Android tab with the same resolution, and its very clear to me that the tablets in the videos here have higher resolutions.

• Advertisement

The spec list of the tablet you posted says 800x480. I've got an Android tab with the same resolution, and its very clear to me that the tablets in the videos here have higher resolutions.

It is very possible that your tablet doesn't have 800x480.

Maybe go in to settings, and check can you change it?

What tablet have you got?

It is very possible that your tablet doesn't have 800x480.

Maybe go in to settings, and check can you change it?

What tablet have you got?

My Tablet is a Zenithik C71 Upgrade. It does have a 800x480 screen.

I'm not interested in arguing with you, I'm just letting you, and other potential buyers know that the videos linked here are not representative of the tablet for sale.

I'm not interested in arguing with you, I'm just letting you, and other potential buyers know that the videos linked here are not representative of the tablet for sale.

Thanks, Wasn't arguing either :)

I just have no reason to think it isn't the tablet in the videos, maybe different screen ration display then yours. But it is the video linked on the product page, and is pretty standard for that type of tablet.

Thanks, Wasn't arguing either :)

I just have no reason to think it isn't the tablet in the videos, maybe different screen ration display then yours. But it is the video linked on the product page, and is pretty standard for that type of tablet.

Yeag, the video of tablet I got made it look better too.

This is still a great price, and 800x480 isnt bad.

I'll upload some photos of my tabs screen later for contrast if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

did ye load uberoid on them or go with the stock frimware ? I have one from focalprice and never got round to load uberoid. supposed to make a huge difference

• Advertisement

I've attached two images here. The first is a snapshot from the video posted above, and the second is a screenshot from my own tablet.

Both devices are on the Settings page, with the sound option at the top left of the page, and the languages selected and displayed on the right.

Despite supposedly having the same 800x480 resolution, my tablet displays less information.

I'd guess that the video shown is of a device running a 1024x600 screen. It's a common thing for websites like McBub to use videos of better tablets to make what they're selling look better.

On a side note, this still looks like a good deal to me. My tab's 800x480 screen is fine for casual browsing, games & videos. It gets a little cramped looking the odd time, but overall its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to take the thread slightly ot, but what's the best of these "cheap" tablets with a decent size screen? Been trying to buy an iPad, but the bloody things are silly money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

this is how they make them

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

what are they like for shipping the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I was wondering what the tapping was all about! Now it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Just ordered one, how bad for small money.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

I was wondering what the tapping was all about! Now it makes sense.

Do you think she was counting how long it took an app to open, or is she just a really annoying person to work beside?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

The tapping would be to Check the microphone, I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

are these any good because i would like to order one but dont want one if they are a pile of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Soarer wrote: »
    Do you think she was counting how long it took an app to open, or is she just a really annoying person to work beside?

I thought it may have been exactly that, or else some kind of code asking the camera man for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

I've been following the All Winner a10 tablets for a while now, and that price is ridiculously cheap.

People advice you order from a seller that has firmware updates on their site though.

Does anyone know how the Allwinner a13 differs to the A10?

The clock speed seems to be the exact same, I wonder if its the same chip.

Ah, so no HDMI with the A13:

http://olimex.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/cortex-a8-in-tqfp-sure-allwinner-a13/

In April 2012 Allwinner released the A13 strip down version of A10 which is same but without SATA interface and HDMI, targeting purely the Tablet market. The new chip is $5 if you by any chance decide to buy one million chips from Allwinner and can be purchased for $10 in smaller quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

took a punt. been thinking about a tablet for ages and this was dirt cheap so i took a chance.

whats mcbubs delivery time like?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Would there not be customs on this?

mawk wrote: »
    took a punt. been thinking about a tablet for ages and this was dirt cheap so i took a chance.

whats mcbubs delivery time like?

Not sure exactly but from my experience of ordering from china
    expect it to be 1.5 -> 3 weeks.

4 or 5 weeks if you're unlucky.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this forum, to get in contact with a McBub rep:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/mcbub-com/

epopnomis wrote: »
    Would there not be customs on this?

Yes, anything of a value greater than €23 including shipping, that is purchased outside the EU is prone to customs duty.

If its marked lower, or marked as a gift then it can sometimes get through without a charge. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

at that price i took a chance on one. I got an email from them on friday saying it was dispatched. Lets see how it goes.
    Thanks to the Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Interested in the quality and speed of this so can you please post a review once it arrives.

Could be a great little tablet for a young child where you dont care too much about it getting wrecked etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

reni10 wrote: »
    Interested in the quality and speed of this so can you please post a review once it arrives.

Could be a great little tablet for a young child where you dont care too much about it getting wrecked etc.

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking of getting a portable DVD player for a kid but at this price a tablet would be far better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

What would this be like for just random websurfing, youtube, facebook & netflix etc??

My dad has never touched a computer and im trying to get him into the 21st century and im thinking of getting him one of these as a start. Cant go wrong for that price really can you? Even if it ends up as a sole facebook machine for me :D.

Advertisement